Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Misleading E-Bay Ad

Ron Miller

Corvette
'66 Auto Mosport Conv, '65 Nass Blue 4-sp Air Cpe
Hey, just wanted to give you guys a heads-up regarding an e-bay item I just purchased and returned. It's a listing for a glove box door for a 64/65, and whoever owned it previously has drilled holes through the face of the door after having the back off of the door at one time or another. It's almost impossible to see the screws in the photo in the listing, but you can find out more and see other pictures in this thread.

My Latest E-Bay Purchase . . . . - Corvette Forum

Just don't want anybody here to get taken . . . . .

:beer

A bit more information:

a3ef_1.JPG

Original Ebay listing

New Ebay listing

In the "similar items for sale" section, he has relisted the same glovebox cover and mentions that it's a relisting because the buyer stated that screws have been added.

He also posted "Bid to own. No returns." Buyer beware.

It's not clear in your post whether or not he has refunded your money. If he's selling an item he hasn't reimbursed you for, I'd say a follow-up note is a must. And if that doesn't get a response, I'd report the seller.

But that's me.
:wJane Ann

Thanks Jane Ann,

He also stated "Bid to Own, No Returns" in the ad I bought from, but after I called stating the ad was misleading he reluctantly agreed to refund my purchase price after I returned the door. So, I was out shipping both ways plus the e-bay fees charged for returning my purchase price. I paid about $45 for the door which was refunded, but it cost me over $20 in shipping and fees both ways.

You'll also notice he states that I complained that screws had been added to the back of the door. That's not correct. The machine screws go through the face of the door and the back plate, and are fastened at the back of the door with nuts. If you look carefully at his photo, you'll see the lighter colored "spots" in the black band around the perimeter of the door. There are eleven of these in total, five across the bottom of the door and three across each side going up towards the lock cylinder hole. There's a better edited picture at the link in my first post.

I did e-mail him back after he returned my purchase price and stated I thought he should at least split the shipping costs, but received no response.

Yep, you're right, buyer beware on this one. This item is junk, no Corvette owner would consider putting this piece of crap on his/her car, unless they were entering a demolition derby!!

;LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom