Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

:( My '74 Big Block on Ebay

We shall see. The winning bidder is a first timer. Not necessarily a good sign.

Seems to be ok so far.. certainly a novice ebayer - a cannuck

$8155 is still a fantastic price. I'm sad.:puke

Seems to be ok so far.. certainly a novice ebayer - a cannuck

$8155 is still a fantastic price. I'm sad.:puke
Even at $8155, that's still a nice vette for that price. I paid more for my 79 3 years ago.

...$8155 is still a fantastic price...

As long as you get out of it what you wanted that is what counts!

Although I'd never seen your car in person... I was personally hoping you'd get whatever you needed to get out of it. I also admire you for making tough decisions, weighing your family first, and getting done what you needed to get done!

:thumb

No deposit as of yet ... :(

Supposidly I should have the deposit today, but he is now having second thoughts since I told him the car might not make the drive all the way up to Ontario and better to ship it. - Prob cheaper too. At 10mpg he's gonna be filling up every 150 miles!

My auction clearly indicated PROJECT CAR and NEEDS WIRING

:flaming

We shall see. The winning bidder is a first timer. Not necessarily a good sign.

Supposidly I should have the deposit today, but he is now having second thoughts since I told him the car might not make the drive all the way up to Ontario and better to ship it. - Prob cheaper too. At 10mpg he's gonna be filling up every 150 miles!

;shrug

Sorry to hear that. It seems this type of thing is happening more often. I have looked at several auctions across generations of vettes, and have seen "Relist due to deadbeat ebayer".

Once again, this must be a frustration. It is possible that if you need to relist, you might catch somebody new looking, and pull more for your car.

Well looks like this may happen after all... I did get the deposit yesterday and promptly banked it. It was a certified bank check from a reputable (2nd largest) bank.

Apparently he is working on a shipper and details for the border x-ing.

Good to hear!!

Firstly: Congrats to both Dave and Craig for becoming Dads.. (Johnny already got his congrats, but, Congrats again anyways).

I always said: I've had the Best of Times and the worst of Times since becoming a dad. You'll find emotions you didnt know existed. Both good and bad. ;)

2ndly: Sorry to hear you sold your car, but i guess you had to. I am glad we're able to keep mine. Now the little one enjoys being driven to Kindergarten (Pre-K) with it.

Good luck with it going to Canada. And dont leave us. Pls. With or without Vette.

:w
-Stefan

Well looks like this may happen after all... I did get the deposit yesterday and promptly banked it. It was a certified bank check from a reputable (2nd largest) bank.

Apparently he is working on a shipper and details for the border x-ing.
Did you check out that Certified Bank check through the bank it was drawn on by actually getting their number your self (Not using the one on the check or customer provided!) and calling the bank,Dave??? :confused:confused:confused
I have at least $15,000 worth of supposed Certified Bank Checks from 2008 that are absolutely Worthless!!:thumb:thumb:thumb Don't let the Vehicle leave or hand over the title till you absolutely "Know that the Cash is in your Bank"!!
Sometimes Certified Bank Checks can take as long as 28 days to Clear or Bounce,and it really SUCK's to let a vehicle go to another country only to find out 1-4 weeks later that it was a "Worthless Check"!!:eek:hnoes:eek:hnoes:eek:hnoes
Been there Done that, Have a $10,800.00 "Fraudulent Certified Bank Check" lesson to prove it!:hb:hb:hb

It's best to make them use Pay Pal for the Deposit,and Make them bring CASH or $$$$ transfered Directly to your bank in Your Name and Not your Account (Most Banks have this type of Service for their Customers!) before it can be picked up if it's going out of the country!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

Did you check out that Certified Bank check through the bank it was drawn on by actually getting their number your self (Not using the one on the check or customer provided!) and calling the bank,Dave??? :confused:confused:confused
I have at least $15,000 worth of supposed Certified Bank Checks from 2008 that are absolutely Worthless!!:thumb:thumb:thumb Don't let the Vehicle leave or hand over the title till you absolutely "Know that the Cash is in your Bank"!!
Sometimes Certified Bank Checks can take as long as 28 days to Clear or Bounce,and it really SUCK's to let a vehicle go to another country only to find out 1-4 weeks later that it was a "Worthless Check"!!:eek:hnoes:eek:hnoes:eek:hnoes
Been there Done that, Have a $10,800.00 "Fraudulent Certified Bank Check" lesson to prove it!:hb:hb:hb

It's best to make them use Pay Pal for the Deposit,and Make them bring CASH or $$$$ transfered Directly to your bank in Your Name and Not your Account (Most Banks have this type of Service for their Customers!) before it can be picked up if it's going out of the country!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

Definitely go this route if you can. Sadly this fraud is getting more common. If I ever sell a car (I have a bad habit of keeping all mine) I'll accept only a cash transaction or their bank where they get the certified check in front of me. Paypal would be the next best thing but I haven't sold a car since paypal went into existence :)
Definitely hold onto the title until all funds are deposited.

Just have a direct bank-to-bank deposit done. Your bank will 'phone and inform you that the money is there. Once there, it's there. Yes, this works Canada to USA and conversely.

Yeah it is pretty easy to do a bank wire. However if that wasn't outlined in your auction, the buyer may not want to do that.

Your little one is a sweetie pie :)

That was a great car for the price, I hope they new owner will continue on. I have no doubt that someday down the road you will have another vette.

Tnx Oceangal!

Just got the check yesterday for the balance... the car is now going to Edmonton Alberta Canada. :cry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom