Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

:( My '74 Big Block on Ebay

I'm very sorry to hear that. I will become a first time father in about 6 weeks. I'm not sure what to expect, but everyone tells me it is the most amazing experince a person could ask for. I have driven corvettes all my life, and truely look forward to something that trumps the excitement of my corvette passion.

Are you having a boy or girl?

I'm very sorry to hear that. I will become a first time father in about 6 weeks. I'm not sure what to expect, but everyone tells me it is the most amazing experince a person could ask for. I have driven corvettes all my life, and truely look forward to something that trumps the excitement of my corvette passion.

Are you having a boy or girl?

Congrats to you too!

It is the most amazing! Your whole life it has mostly been about you... seeing as you are you and you don't have a dependant until you have a kid (pets don't count). Even getting married was not the same.

Now all decisions are based on forward thinking "what's best for the kid; what if this happens? What is the worst case scenario - and be prepared for it". For me, this feeling is beyond the car thing... it's beyond the selfish part of me. All things come after the kid.

Her name is Mira Elana, she was born 9/26/2008. Attached with Mom at Great Gramma's (Check out the vintage couch)!!!
attachment.php

Your little girl is adorable! Made me smile when I saw the pic. I have a grown daughter and son, and now have 5 grandchildren (3 girls, 2 boys). They are great!:thumb

Congratulations Dave,Shes Beautiful!!:thumb
Had to get those looks from mom,I've met you!!!:D

J/K I think see a little Dave there too!!!:thumb

Thanks gents! We think she is adorable too...

We have one problem....

She already knows it!!! The little tot is not yet 10mos old and is already working it to her advantage. Unreal. We are blessed!

They'll do things that make you think---why did we have kids? Then turn around and make you cry with happiness. We have 3 daughters and 4 granddaughters. (Old guy)

Great looking family! Can't imagine what it'd be like growing old w/o family. Have two kids and five grandkids.

I'm sure it's going to be tough parting w/ your '74. Pics look nice. Does it have a 'glass rear cover? Didn't see any seam. Good luck on your sale.

Edit: Enlarged the pic and now can see seam. Did the A/C compressor come w/ the car when you got it?

Geez, I love that '74. Family is much more important. I hope you get what you deserve for your vette. I have four teenage girls. YES, four teenage girls. Talk about trying times right now. But, it's all worth it.

You've made the right decision....I had to make the same decision 33 years ago. I made it back into the fold...just took me longer than I anticipated. :D

Sorry you feel you have to sell and congrats on the new addition to the family. Our little girl is 2 months old so we haven't driven the vette together in amost a year (didn't drive it much when we were pregnant, partly because it was in parts). I don't really see us being able to drive it together for a while.

I hope you get what you want out of it. I always hear stories of people that had to sell cars they loved because of a growing family, my dad sold his 68 vette after I was born and I know he regretted it. We're planning on keeping our since it has sentimental value to us and will never worth monetarily what it means to us.

Good luck and hope to see you in a vette in the future

...Goodbye for now.

Well, don't leave us!

:cry

Remember- just because you DON'T have Vette doesn't mean you can't spend time with us!

:thumb

Congrats on your daughter if I hadn't mentioned it before! We have our second due in October of this year.

Well, don't leave us!

Remember- just because you DON'T have Vette doesn't mean you can't spend time with us!
Ditto that! Look at Johnny here...He sold his vette first and for some crazy reason we still decided to let him be a moderator! :W

I had to sell my C4 for the down payment on a house after Jan and I got married. I had absolutely no problem with doing it...first things first! It only took four years until we got the first C5, and the home had appreciated way more than the cost of the car. Thinks tend to work out for the best. BTW - What a great shot of you baby and wife.

Well, I see the reserve has been met within the past hour or so.

Well, I see the reserve has been met within the past hour or so.

50 minutes or so... wow- someone will get a nice Vette for that price.

Auctions make me nervous... :eek:hnoes

... even if its not my stuff!

It's a screamin' deal at $6500. I hope there's last minute bumps.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom