Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Members: Welcome to the Corvette Action Center!

New member introduction (myself)

I am introducing myself as a new member. I have owned a 77 light blue Corvette for almost a year now. It's in very nice condition. The engine is L48 stock, and it's been rebuilt 10000 miles ago, so it's quite fresh. The carb has been rebuilt, the front suspension has also been rebuilt. The interior is almost immaculate. Also the rear spring has been replaced with a fiberglass spring. Anyway, I'm enjoying it very much so far, and I plan on keeping it.

Welcome to Corvette Action Center

Welcome aboard :happyanim:

-Bill

Welcome Stevol, sounds like you got a nice car. :w

I am introducing myself as a new member. I have owned a 77 light blue Corvette for almost a year now. It's in very nice condition. The engine is L48 stock, and it's been rebuilt 10000 miles ago, so it's quite fresh. The carb has been rebuilt, the front suspension has also been rebuilt. The interior is almost immaculate. Also the rear spring has been replaced with a fiberglass spring. Anyway, I'm enjoying it very much so far, and I plan on keeping it.

Welcome aboard! :w

Where in Bama?

Love your site and look forward to learning a lot about my C5!

Where you located at in Alabama; I have good friends that live in Ozark, Alabama? I was stationed @ Fort Rucker in the mid to late sixties.

-Bill

Ride the Thrill

Hello People
1st time vette owner with a 78 survivor. Thought that was cool until I realized I was going to have to replace alot of things to make her the way I wanted. Yet, I still enjoy the idea that alot of what she rolled off the assembly line with, is still with her. Replaced the carpet and one of the other vette forums, informed me Fiero seats were a great fit for a 78, so I had a set of Fiero seats upholstered and they look and fit great.
The only car I ever had that could even begin to hold a candle to a vette was my XKE Jag but without the muscle. It's the muscle that gives the THRILL:thumb Anyway, have to run to the tech talk to see if anyone knows anything about this PVD Chrome technique for wheels?
Hoped to post pics but a bit of a procrastanator.:upthumbs

Read about it and followed a link to a site that does it. Looks like viable solution at probably the same costs as regular chrome.

Oppppppss

Toms007, it was probably the same info I found but check out Ecklers's web site. They use this type of technique on the chrome wheels they sell and it comes with a 5 yr. warranty but read all the print. Their wheels have to be balanced in a method I have never heard of before. Has something to do with the holes in the rim where the studs pass through so your lug nuts can hold the wheel on the car. I am gong to check to see if anyone around here has even heard of such a balancing method. Just do not know if I want to go with alum. or the chrome. If the chrome, then is it the PVD chroming or the layering (old school)? By the time I decide, I will probably have spent the money on something else she needs.
Oh sorry people but I just realized I joined this forum back in June with an intro. :ugh Too many forums and not enough time to enjoy the thrill.:w

Welcome and Congratulations. . . . . .

Welcome to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER we're glad you've joined us or rejoined us :happyanim: and congratulations on the rare find of the 78 classic :thumb

-Bill :w

82 Corvette

Have 82 corvette question when replacing rear wheel bearing assemblies is it best to replace with all new trailing arms instead? Should new rear spindles be installed as well?

welcome to the group see an answer on c3 tech forum

Have 82 corvette question when replacing rear wheel bearing assemblies is it best to replace with all new trailing arms instead? Should new rear spindles be installed as well?
welcome to the group see an answer on c3 tech forum

Welcome Aboard. . . . . . .

Welcome Lynn glad you have joined us :happyanim:

-Bill

Welcome To Corvette Action Center

Welcome aboard scuba55 glad you've joined us :happyanim:

-Bill

Welcome To Corvette Action Center

Just joined 10/20/52 and found a lot of good info
I own 08 c6 crystal red

Thanks Lynn

Welcome aboard we're glad you've joined us :happyanim:

-Bill

1st Time Corvette Owner

Hello All,
I just purchased a '93 40th Anniversary Coupe. My first Corvette. I bought it locally, well maintained 21,000 mile car. I recently sold my '64 Chevy Corvair Monza Vert. I'm looking forward to learning more here about Corvettes.
I'll post a couple pics soon.

Mitch.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom