Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Post pictures of your C3

New front and rear flex-fit bumpers. New rocker mouldings and all new emblems. Car wasn't stripped, but all bad areas sanded to base and redone. Car was painted with clearcoat/basecoat in original white color. All ne weatherstrips.

It looks great. Here's hoping for an early spring.

Tom

Brace for another storm Beardface

I'm from NE Conneticut, I can't wait to get the car out of the garage.
Now another 6" or more.
Mabye next month.
Capt.

captin george said:
I'm from NE Conneticut, I can't wait to get the car out of the garage.
Now another 6" or more.
Mabye next month.
Capt.

When will winter make an end? I am confident we should be able to safely drive our cars by the all-star break. I'm going back to bed, wake me when its over.

cj5nutz said:
Looks like your exaust is hanging at a bad angle to me , maybe a new tailpipe ?
Well I just put a whole new exhaust system, 2.5 inch pipe. So I don't know if thats the problem, unless it was installed too low, but it looks like it doesnt have any room to be pushed up more.

7NT1VETTE said:
Well I just put a whole new exhaust system, 2.5 inch pipe. So I don't know if thats the problem, unless it was installed too low, but it looks like it doesnt have any room to be pushed up more.

So you have this problem, what does it sound like? Because I'm speculating that I might have this same problem when I romp on the gas. Can you give me a description?

Stallion said:
So you have this problem, what does it sound like? Because I'm speculating that I might have this same problem when I romp on the gas. Can you give me a description?
Well it sounds like a scratch it only happens if the car gets enough momentum to swing the tail end down then causing the pipes to screech on the floor. Horrible noise, like nails on a chalkboard.

I think I have the same problem. So you think the noise is coming from the exaust pipe scratching on the body? Is that what you mean by "floor"?

...causing the pipes to screech on the floor...

7NT1VETTE said:
Heres my '72, Does anyone think it sits lower than normal, because my exhaust seems to touch even sometimes if I slam the gas. When do I know if I need a new spring?
I'd start a new thread in the C3 Tech forum...better response to your question there.

lnirenberg said:
Very unique. Was the conversion done when the car was new?

The conversion was done within the last 10 years. I've owned the car for 6. As I understand it, the previous owner, short term owner, had the conversion done. The car is actually a 73 vert, by vin, but I call it a 1980 because it has more 1980 parts than 73. In fact the only 73 parts left are the birdcage and rear suspension. The frame is from a 77. Everything else including the front suspension, body, interior, wheels, electronics and wiring are all 1980. She is getting C5 wagon wheels very soon. Just have to install after replacing the trailing arms.

1972 LS5 Kryptonite Superman Killer

Asphault Eating Machine

New Member gettin' fired up...

Owned this 75 Flame Orange L82 4sp from 93-02...NCM Grand Opening Caravan participant

Having this 74 Corvette Orange L82 4sp evaluated to get back into ownership...hope the pics show properly

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom