Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Post pictures of your C3

:crazy

WOW Thats a lot of nice Corvette´s!!!! Maybe i have to go back to America on holliday once more hehe

My 75

VetteProfile.jpg

Here's my 1972 454

07_3.JPG

ef_3.JPG

ef_3.JPG

a6_3.JPG

The LS-7 was more than capable of churning out horsepower numbers that approached 600 , a far cry from the published rating of 465 hp.

Dear torger, you may wish to edit your post before you get crucified, the ALUMINUM bigblock LS7 engine was NEVER put in a car or released. If you have an ALUMINUM bigblock it is a super light and valuable engine, but it's not an LS7. Unless you bought a new small block crate engine. As you are quoting numbers from the "specs" of the proposed LS7 BB 454 circa 1970, It is easy to get confused on some of these issues, check your info and block casting #'s. Here are a couple links you can get further info.
www.nastyz28.com/bbcmenu.html/ or www.ajgeneral.com/bbc_block.casting_numbers/

By the way GORGEOUS car.........Welcome to forum, I'm new on here too, and I don't mean to hastle you on you first post.

Good luck:w

Quote:
The ALUMINUM bigblock LS7 engine was NEVER put in a car or released

Hi!

It's a NOM LS7.
This car was purchased from a Chevrolet dealer in 1972 as an original big-block LS5 454. The second owner was a "VIP" at the Chevy dealership where the car was purchased and serviced. In 1986 (with around 61k miles on the clock), the dealer advised the owner that an LS7 crate motor was available, and it was installed in this Corvette.

ag_3.JPG

a6_3.JPG

God bless, you are a very lucky guy. FYI you would have the ONLY BB LS7 that I (or anyone else )know of. None were sold, it was "rumored" that a couple disappeared at the hands of GM engineers. If the numbers match up and it is Aluminum block you can pretty much name your price on the engine.Honestly I'am the wrong person to speak to but if it's an original LS7 I would guess it by itself is worth $1,000,000 or more. Its also possible its a ZL-1 which is worth a bundle itself. If its aluminum block its vintage aluminum block its very big bucks. CONGRATULATIONS:w

God bless, you are a very lucky guy. FYI you would have the ONLY BB LS7 that I (or anyone else )know of. None were sold, it was "rumored" that a couple disappeared at the hands of GM engineers. If the numbers match up and it is Aluminum block you can pretty much name your price on the engine.Honestly I'am the wrong person to speak to but if it's an original LS7 I would guess it by itself is worth $1,000,000 or more. Its also possible its a ZL-1 which is worth a bundle itself. If its aluminum block its vintage aluminum block its very big bucks. CONGRATULATIONS:w

Wish I had one of them there engines!.... ;LOL
71-84 IMSA Widebody, thats one good lookin vette! How much ponys do ya have under the hood?, also could widebodys like that be ordered from the chavy assembly line, or could you only get them from dealerships like Baldwin Motion, and Greenwood?
zachh

The first widebody came form John Greenwood in 1974, they were built from bare frame as pupose built racers. Gm was "out of racing" at the time and what support came from Zora Duntov or GM engineers was not sanctioned or approved by GM. My car was one of the first widebodies racing in that configuration in late 74 and while Greenwood was involved in the build and provided body and suspension parts it is not what is called a Greenwood "Customer Car" built in the Greenwood shops. Probably 25 or so Widebody cars were built to race IMSA, TransAm, and SCCA during the 70's and early 80's. The Baldwin, Eckler's and other wide body cars or kits were primaily street cars.
When the car raced in the 70's it ran at 760hp, when we rebuilt it starting in 2001 we kept everything original, but put one of the milder original cams that came with the car in it, and as we needed new pistons after it had sat for 15 years in a warehouse, we installed new Wiseco's reduciong compression from 13.5:1 to a more friendly 11.5:1. These changes dropped RWHP to 654. At 2565# and around 700F# torque, with a locked rear end/Frankland Quick change with 14 gear changes the car is scarey fast and has more power than I'm prepared to deal with, but it's about as much fun as you can have with your pants on.
Sorry this is off the topic of the thread, there is a write up on the car on the main page of digitalcorvettes.

GREAT! i dont know though, I would of kept the higher compression, but at that high, your beatin' your engine up. I like the nose/ headlights, they look mean! Nice Vette.
zachh

:crazy

WOW Thats a lot of nice Corvette´s!!!! Maybe i have to go back to America on holliday once more hehe

A LOT of them.. I never knew how many are running around here in the States, and plenty of real nice looking ones, until i moved here from Germany.
Come on over Frisk, you wouldnt believe the amount.. :upthumbs

:w
-Stefan

100_0573.jpg

I posted a pic. in an early reply but there seems to be no picture so here it is again:w

A LOT of them.. I never knew how many are running around here in the States, and plenty of real nice looking ones, until i moved here from Germany.
Come on over Frisk, you wouldnt believe the amount.. :upthumbs

:w
-Stefan

Das mach ich gern nicht da Schweden is so wonderschön hehehe

Here´s my corvette with my cruising-rims hehe (Pimp my ride!)
img_7.JPG

I took this picture today and made it my signature.. hope this works !

Tom

Took the car for a ride today and stopped to take a few pictures as the Fall foliage is getting near peak here in central MA.

Fall_car_pics004.jpg

Fall_car_pics010.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom