Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Post pictures of your C3

952? Hadnt heard of that,but doesnt mean much...I'm still learning.My 1977 was Bright Yellow,code #56.And there was another yellow offered that year,that was not so 'bright'.

A little yellow info for ya dude:beer

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]GM released two different Yellows in 1973 code 952 Yellow and code 953 Metallic Yellow. The 1974 C3 Vette had no chrome bumpers, and only had code 956 Bright Yellow. The 1975 production was the last year for a convertible corvette in the C3 body style. GM continued with code 56 Bright Yellow with 2,883 produced. The 1976 Corvette also used code 56 Bright Yellow with 3,389 produced. The 1977 Corvettes was the last year for a short back window, 78 was the first year for the big back window. The 1977 Corvette saw the return of two yellows: code 52 Corvette Yellow and code 56 Corvette Bright Yellow. GM released 71 Corvette Yellows and 1,942 Corvette Bright Yellows in 77. The 1978 Corvette returned to only one Yellow: code 52 Corvette Yellow with 1,243 produced. The 1979 Corvette was the last year for this style with the rounded rear bumper, and none flared front bumper. The 79 Vette used Code 52 Corvette Yellow with 2,357 produced. [/FONT]

A little yellow info for ya dude:beer

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]GM released two different Yellows in 1973 code 952 Yellow and code 953 Metallic Yellow. The 1974 C3 Vette had no chrome bumpers, and only had code 956 Bright Yellow. The 1975 production was the last year for a convertible corvette in the C3 body style. GM continued with code 56 Bright Yellow with 2,883 produced. The 1976 Corvette also used code 56 Bright Yellow with 3,389 produced. The 1977 Corvettes was the last year for a short back window, 78 was the first year for the big back window. The 1977 Corvette saw the return of two yellows: code 52 Corvette Yellow and code 56 Corvette Bright Yellow. GM released 71 Corvette Yellows and 1,942 Corvette Bright Yellows in 77. The 1978 Corvette returned to only one Yellow: code 52 Corvette Yellow with 1,243 produced. The 1979 Corvette was the last year for this style with the rounded rear bumper, and none flared front bumper. The 79 Vette used Code 52 Corvette Yellow with 2,357 produced. [/FONT]
Yeah,I knew that! I just forgot! LOL:boogie Actually,I just too burnt out rite now,or I wouldve done a search myself.;shrug

I was watchin the Lions get a smack down from the Browns:W.....this was what kept me awake!:chuckle
Later dude

Meet JEDDI-1

(Shooter, this is especially for you!) :upthumbs

Meet JEDDI-1

Until recently, one of our Founding Members owned an absolutely stunning ’64 Coupe.

04360FOUR.jpg

Last Thanksgiving, he called to offer me a First Right Of Refusal. OMG!!! I have loved this car for years!

I immediately got on the phone with every Snowbird friend I have, asking how they would like to own half of a Mid-Year Coupe. Try as I might…and I tried mightily, I could not pull the deal together. :bash

One thing I’ve learned over the years though is that if you hang around with people with colds…sooner or later you will catch one too!

We (CINCHOUSE & I) finally located roadsters in Tallahassee and Atlanta. We were packed and ready to head north, when at the last minute I thought I would try Craig’s list.

At this point, I need to mention that although I love Mid-Years, the model that defines the brand (IMHO) is the 1970 – 1972 T-Top. And…..there just happened to be one on Craig’s List that was close to home!

This is a quasi-barn-find.

There is a “story” for the expert who knows everything there is to know about C3s, then there is the “real” story of purchasing it from an unfortunate would be real estate mogul who found himself in an economic downturn and needed to move a beautiful asset.

With only a few exceptions, the pictures below show this 1970 exactly as I purchased it.

And for that “expert”……….. NO, it is not a numbers car, big block, or LT-1…but it is an impeccable driver!

Meet JEDDI-1:

February ‘09

JEDDI-1.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg

IMG_2081.jpg

IMG_2084.jpg

IMG_2085.jpg

IMG_1923.jpg

The undercarriage was / is just as clean as the body.

LFBearingRepack1.jpg

The previous owner provided the next two pics of the suspension being rebuilt.

SuspensionOut1.jpg

SuspensionDown.jpg

Back to the undercarriage:

SuspLR2.jpg

SuspRR2.jpg

4 speed.

TransL.jpg

The Business Office: 350 / 350 with ‘mild’ uh-huh cam 70 mph = 3200 RPM and next to nothing MPG!

Before:

IMG_1921-1.jpg

Crane Rocker Arms - No sludge or filings on top or in the motor oil!

IMG_1982.jpg

AFTER:

Repaired the AC, Added Power Brakes, and a little “organizing”.

IMG_1988.jpg

There wasn’t room on the license tag for “DarthVette” sooo

InPlace2.jpg

The odometer reads 59K and change. Given the overall condition, my guess is that is probably one of the few correct numbers!

Too bad, I don’t know how to upload audio!

Recent car show,in LaConner,WA
LaConnercarshow8-15-09.jpg
The sign reads "No Parking!" "Reserved for Shark Lovers ONLY!"

Heres pics of my 2 C3's which the wife allowed me to park on the lawn during my B-Day party this past June

IMG_5316.jpg

IMG_5337.jpg

IMG_5318.jpg

IMG_5329.jpg

IMG_1737.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

Nice find! :)

Rear spring needs either rearching or replacing. :beer
Hmmm. Thanks for the tip. The car has been lowered, and the ride is V smooth. I'll still check it out tho. Thanks again. :upthumbs

Heres pics of my 2 C3's which the wife allowed me to park on the lawn during my B-Day party this past June.
:upthumbs More importantly, she allows you to have 3 of these things. Looks to The Doktor like we have an Enabler and someone with a Serious Problem! :beer

My 1980 project

Recently purchased this on a whim. Has turned into a major project, but I am motivated! Interior was less than desirable. Several deck screws used to attach center console trim, etc., etc. Carpet sliced and diced.. Need I say more? Last order of interior parts coming in next week and we can put her back together the right way!

UPDATE 11/09 Got it back together. Took longer than expected because the deeper I went the more I found to fix/correct! Opted to blend a little more black to the original blue interior spec by adding black leather console side panels and e-brake cover. Will likely rebuild rear speaker boxes and black leather cover them as well. Likely a never ending project! Couldn't pass up on the blue LED's for dome lighting. Much more light inside than pics show.

Lotsa work,but I'll bet you'll be happy with it when its done!:beer

Tom,
I don't care who you are...that right there is beautiful!!
When I grow up, I want one just like this one! :w

Enjoy her in good health buddy!
Do the name Ruby Begonia ring a bell?

Hmmm. Thanks for the tip. The car has been lowered, and the ride is V smooth. I'll still check it out tho. Thanks again. :upthumbs
YUP!!! Turns out it needed a new spring altogether. Went with the composite and the ride feels like new! And it wasn't bad B4!

Thanks again!

T:wM

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom