Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

R.I.P Vettie

I want to know where you're going to plug your laptop into the Honda, Don't remember any serial or usb ports on Nighthawks. And, are you going to make a laptop mount for the handlebars?

Scott

The German company that makes all of the desert accessories for BMW & KTM makes a water/sand/shock resistant case for the Ipad. I had one for my Iphone and it worked perfect on the ST1100. :upthumbs

I like big displacement engines cause I hate to shift. When I rode the 'Busa I just knocked it up to 6th about 40 miles per hour and let the low-end torque of the beast do the rest. Alas those days are over, these rebuilt knees will not take the monkey-fetus bends required to mount a sport bike so the ST Hondas are as wild as I can get.:w

I want to know where you're going to plug your laptop into the Honda, Don't remember any serial or usb ports on Nighthawks. And, are you going to make a laptop mount for the handlebars?

Call me tonight so we can figure out a wing time for Sunday. Any of you Colorado folks that want good wings, join us. Second best wings in the nation (yes, the Anchor Bar in Buffalo is #1). PM Bill or me and we'll give you directions.

Scott

Don't tempt me! :chuckle

I'll be up in why-oh-ming tonight, but I can give you a call tomorrow afternoon.

The German company that makes all of the desert accessories for BMW & KTM makes a water/sand/shock resistant case for the Ipad. I had one for my Iphone and it worked perfect on the ST1100. :upthumbs

Shhhhhhh, don't let Bill know, he'll have to go get one and he needs to keep both hands on those handlebars for a bit.:chuckle

Well I did pick up the bike...1982 Honda Nighthawk 650.

It was of course just a mess, needed ALL kinds of work (carb cleaning, tank replacement, paint, exhaust...on and on and...). As of yesterday, finally got the title/registration taken care of, "most" issues resolved (still a few items here and there)...but yesterday and today have taken it out riding to get back to being used to a motorcycle.

left%20side%201024.JPG

right%20side%201024.JPG

I repainted all of the body pieces as they were just a mess. This is just parts store spray can paint, as I wanted to be SURE I liked the all black look (and to make sure the dent repairs didn't come back to haunt me!). I definitely like the all black look as opposed to the stock paint scheme (metallic black with a big honkin' silver/red stripe). Over the winter I will repaint it with the good paint/clear coat finish.

This what the original looked like:

1982-Honda-CB650SC-Black%20tank.jpg

And mine fresh after buffing:

Tank1.jpg

tank2.jpg

Its not a Vette...but I REALLY used to love going riding, and it has been really nice to be back on a bike again. I like this one a lot, it fits me well and has plenty of power. SOME day I will be back in a Vette again, but for now this will have to do.

Oh yeah and still no job yet...but I'm still hopeful!

Bill

Looking good Bill

The engine/carbs/clutch cover look great! It must have been stored in a dry garage or you spent the last month with mother's metal polish and a toothbrush.:thumb

Wheels look good too!:)

Don't forget the brainbucket when you hit the streets.

:w

Bill,

What a great looking bike! You did some amazing work! :upthumbs

Be careful out there!

SAVE the WAVE!

Oh no this thing was an absolute mess! I didn't take any "before" pictures...well because frankly it looked downright embarassing! lol

Oh and yes I NEVER get on that thing without full gear!

Oh no this thing was an absolute mess! I didn't take any "before" pictures...well because frankly it looked downright embarassing! lol

Oh and yes I NEVER get on that thing without full gear!

You did THAT with auto-parts touch up paint?

It looks great! :beer

Does it have the Bose cassette or CD ?

Figured I'd throw in an update here...

Still Vetteless, but not jobless. Landed a rather decent paying position about 6 weeks ago.

Don't think I'll ever own another C4...was helping a friend do some car shopping and they happened to have a '85 sitting in the lot. Had a seat in the cockpit and instantly felt out of place...just did NOT feel "right", downright uncomfortable even. Nope next one will probably be a C5...eventually.

Also didn't take long to "outgrow" the Nighthawk. Its a cool bike for sure, but just couldn't resist this one:

Photo_11.jpg

1998 Honda ST1100, ABS, Traction Control, Linked Braking System. It has 83K miles, but this thing is in exceptional mechanical condition...more so than most low-mileage bikes I have looked at. This thing is super-smooth...and almost TOO quiet. I fell totally in lust with that V-4 engine design...that's just too cool. For $2500 out the door (from a dealership, so that included taxes), it was too good to pass up.

Anybody wanna buy a cool '82 Nighthawk 650? :L

Bill

Still Vetteless, but not jobless. Landed a rather decent paying position about 6 weeks ago.

Bill

Bill! Passing over all this motorcycle business for just a moment to pick a bone with you... you re-joined the ranks of the employed and didn't let us know!?! :mad You know, Mr. Bill, you have friends here that have been worried about you!

Okay... I got that out of the way. We'll not mention it again as long as you don't let it happen again.

Now... enjoy your new mode of transportation freedom and be safe!
I'm very glad to hear your situation has improved 100% and I'll look forward to taking part in your (future) search for a C5.

:wJane Ann

That is good news Bill...I hadn't heard about your job!

That's awesome news, Bill. :upthumbs

-Mac

AWESOME news, Bill. :beer
Great looking bike, also, buddy! :upthumbs

Before you throw out all the C4s in your quest for another Vette:

Please check out the 92-96 C4s. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the improvements and refinements made since the middle 1980s.

In fact, contact John Grawcock and his lovely wife, Linda, to get an up-to-date opinion on these later model C4s. They purchased a 96 at Funfest this last September and are in love with it!

John did have a C5 for some time, so he could tell you what he thought of that.

SAVE the WAVE!

"Best Sport Touring Bike ever"

Don't think I'll ever own another C4...was helping a friend do some car shopping and they happened to have a '85 sitting in the lot. Had a seat in the cockpit and instantly felt out of place...just did NOT feel "right", downright uncomfortable even. Nope next one will probably be a C5...eventually.

Also didn't take long to "outgrow" the Nighthawk. Its a cool bike for sure, but just couldn't resist this one:

View attachment 1758

1998 Honda ST1100, ABS, Traction Control, Linked Braking System. It has 83K miles, but this thing is in exceptional mechanical condition...more so than most low-mileage bikes I have looked at. This thing is super-smooth...and almost TOO quiet. I fell totally in lust with that V-4 engine design...that's just too cool. For $2500 out the door (from a dealership, so that included taxes), it was too good to pass up.

Anybody wanna buy a cool '82 Nighthawk 650? :L

Bill

Congrats on the job and the bike.:upthumbs

You are going to love the ST-1100. That was a great price. I still have my last ST1100 in Spain. Cain't wait for the knees to get good enough to be back on it.:W

Have a great holiday season.

Attachments

• thepanandme.jpg
    thepanandme.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 87
Bill,

glad you have landed a job.. :upthumbs

Maybe if a C4 dont do it, the 82's still have that L83 in them.. Dont desert us, c'mon.. the XFire gang still needs you. :D

Just funning with you. I am glad things are looking up. Enjoy the bike. Just dont put a yellow monkey outfit on like someone i know.. :chuckle

:w from over here

-Stefan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom