Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Replacing the Corvettes battery ?

I fixed the links in my previous post.

Thanks for the fix. Still a little confused. Why not just keep a battery tender connected when you are not using the car regularly? Wouldn't that solve the problem? Seems like my wheel is never locked when I turn off the key. Hopefully I'll never have this problem. I live in Florida, so the car never gets stored for the winter.

Thanks again,
Ted

It depends on the battery tender. Some read voltage and shut off when they should; others don't which isn't good.

Thanks for the fix. Still a little confused. Why not just keep a battery tender connected when you are not using the car regularly? Wouldn't that solve the problem? Seems like my wheel is never locked when I turn off the key. Hopefully I'll never have this problem. I live in Florida, so the car never gets stored for the winter.

Thanks again,
Ted

I keep a "Battery Tender Plus" on my car when it sits.
Amazon.com: Battery Tender Plus 021-0128, 1.25 Amp Battery Charger is a Smart Charger, it will Fully Charge and Maintain a Battery at Proper Storage Voltage without the Damaging Effects Caused by Trickle Chargers: Automotive

We might have supporting vendor here who have the same one or there are similar ones available.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom