Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

so tired of ppl asking me why i dont drive a newer vette

Wow this thread has gotten aloot more replies then I figured it wouldve but yea most of the pp who ask just wouldn't understand b/c they don't own a vet. One of my friends that asks me has had a c4 and a c5 but he's still not a vet guy his dad owns a carlot so he buys whatever he wants at the auction, but the otherday he asks me why I don't save up and buy a c6 an my reply was "I'm not spending that kinda money on a weekend car, it does the same thing my c4 does, sit in storage under a cover,take me on dates, an take me for a cruise wit the top off on a summer day" I love the kid, he's been like my brother foor years but he swears my 92 in great shape wit 84k is only worth 6k an I say 8k all day, lol his mind is clouded with auction prices I told him if he finds one with my miles for 6k its gonna have a ton of hidden probs, he told me I'm a typical vet owner that thinks their cars worth more then it is, I'm deff right here-not that I'm planning on gettin rid of her, but if I was gonna 8k isn't unreasonable (atleast I don't think so) I paid 10 for her lol.

Wow lol I don't remember writing this but apperantly I gotta stop drinking an goin online ha. Neway now that I think of it what is a good reply when asked y I don't buy a newer vet other then the fact that the c6 costs more. Is there anyway in which the c4 is as good as a c5 or 6?
Oldskool!!! Theres nothing better than getting half a stew on and posting online, I do it all the time :boogie:boogie:boogie. Its a great combination, Seven and Sevens and the CAC :beer cheers Bro!!

Ok so I've had alil to drink b4 I posted this, but I'm SO tired of my friend and girls I date asking me why I don't buy a newer vette! I love my 92 c4 an she's in gorgeous shape, what's a good replly to give other then the money issue?

Do they have newer Vettes? If so... does it matter? Who do you drive the car for- yourself or them? ;shrug

Believe me- I've had a LOT of folks question my decisions on cars- especially Vette to not a Vette. :chuckle

It gets back to this- Follow your bliss and don't worry about other people. :thumb

Just my $.02- I'd say "nahhh... I love my C4. there's not another car for me. Period."

Once people figure out that you really like something, are happy with it, and can't be dissuaded from it- they tend to drop it.:upthumbs

I hear it all the time and have since I bought my first C3. It is a personal choice that people do not seem to understand. I am a fan of the C3, my brother is a fan of the C4. I don't really know how to respond when people ask me "the question" but it does get tiresome. In between getting about half peeed off and wanting to give a world class smart azz answer and trying to explain the love for the older cars and their craftsmanship, I usually walk away giving some short stupid answer. I have the Corvette that I want , although right now since neither will run and drive..... lol long story for later...

I hear it all the time and have since I bought my first C3. It is a personal choice that people do not seem to understand. I am a fan of the C3,...

I know what you mean. I had a C3 - 72 roadster, Silver over black. I loved her, the C3's were the curviest, sexiest Vettes. I also had a C2 - 65 roadster, bright blue over blue - she was the quickest .
While I dearly love my '89 C4 - I'll never stop loving the others.

I know what you mean. I had a C3 - 72 roadster, Silver over black. I loved her, the C3's were the curviest, sexiest Vettes. I also had a C2 - 65 roadster, bright blue over blue - she was the quickest .
While I dearly love my '89 C4 - I'll never stop loving the others.

I love the curves and look of the C3 too, but I couldn't pass up the performance and the bang for the buck of the C4! :beer
P.S. the C4 has some fine curves too! :thumb

I love all vettes but I'd have to say my favorites are deff the c4 and c6, I love the. C6 because I think it looks like a refined c4. Like I think the c6 looks more like a refined c4 than the c5 looks looks like a c4. However as of now my next vet will prolly b a c5, they seem to be getting more reasonable in price I've seen a few clean early c5s wit higher miles (like 110k) for as low as 10 grand

And the answer is......For the respect C4 garners from other Corvette owners.

I might answer the girls with a comment that should hit close to home for them. "Just because my car has some age and some miles, dosen't mean I'm going to run out and trade her for the latest, greatest version." Seems as though an analogy of that nature might trigger some thought from your date.

C5 owners get the same question.. "why didn't you buy a newer corvette" they are 60k and I LOOOVE my TR C5 z06. I was so happy when I finally had enough to afford my favorite corvette yet.. the Torch Red C5 Z06.

I love corvettes and honestly love telling people why I drive what I drive. I always driver cheaper cars. I am a fiero lover too. Loving an old car is the same as keeping your house, the same bike, the same clothes.. you don't NEED to upgrade. you upgrade when you want to.

When they own something as nice, or something they love so much.. they will understand how you feel when they are asked to part with their favorite something.

One of my friends that asks me has had a c4 and a c5 but he's still not a vet guy his dad owns a carlot so he buys whatever he wants at the auction, but the otherday he asks me why I don't save up and buy a c6 an my reply was "I'm not spending that kinda money on a weekend car, it does the same thing my c4 does, sit in storage under a cover,take me on dates, an take me for a cruise wit the top off on a summer day" I love the kid, he's been like my brother foor years but he swears my 92 in great shape wit 84k is only worth 6k an I say 8k all day, lol his mind is clouded with auction prices I told him if he finds one with my miles for 6k its gonna have a ton of hidden probs, he told me I'm a typical vet owner that thinks their cars worth more then it is, I'm deff right here-not that I'm planning on gettin rid of her, but if I was gonna 8k isn't unreasonable (atleast I don't think so) I paid 10 for her lol.

Well, I guess if everyone had a daddy who owned car lots, we could all go buy the newest cars. :eyerole

I enjoy creature comforts and the C5 offered more than the C4. Plus, I really enjoy the 6 speeds and feared the opti-spark.:L

After seeing the HUD, I really wanted the HUD. Too bad you couldn't get that on a base C6, which meant that you'd have to pay more.

And you know what the greatest thing about owning an older 'Vette is? When it has problems, you fix those problems and you end up bonding with that car. It's kind of weird describing but it becomes a personal accomplishment.

My favorites are the C3's. I just love the looks of them. If I could've found a reasonably priced C3 with a 6 speed and 383, I would've gotten that over my '03 Z06. The Sharks are the most badass 'Vette's, IMO.

Just admit it..... it IS the money issue...

Well, I guess if everyone had a daddy who owned car lots, we could all go buy the newest cars. :eyerole

I enjoy creature comforts and the C5 offered more than the C4. Plus, I really enjoy the 6 speeds and feared the opti-spark.:L

After seeing the HUD, I really wanted the HUD. Too bad you couldn't get that on a base C6, which meant that you'd have to pay more.

And you know what the greatest thing about owning an older 'Vette is? When it has problems, you fix those problems and you end up bonding with that car. It's kind of weird describing but it becomes a personal accomplishment.

My favorites are the C3's. I just love the looks of them. If I could've found a reasonably priced C3 with a 6 speed and 383, I would've gotten that over my '03 Z06. The Sharks are the most badass 'Vette's, IMO.

I have to admit I was pretty sensitive to comments like that when I had my last c4. But the one that really got to me was when I drove up to get new tires put on at Sears and a guy came out, looked at my car, and said "wow, you hardly ever see these any more." lol I just laughed at him. I still love c4s though, it's a terrific car and handles really well.

said "wow, you hardly ever see these any more." lol I just laughed at him. I still love c4s though, it's a terrific car and handles really well.

I wonder what hole he crawled out of.
I just tell people this is what I like, I don't drive any new cars and plan on building a rear wheel drive for a daily driver for my wife.

Glenn
:w

.....otherday he asks me why I don't save up and buy a c6 an my reply was "I'm not spending that kinda money on a weekend car,.....he swears my 92 in great shape wit 84k is only worth 6k an I say 8k all day, lol his mind is clouded with auction prices I told him if he finds one with my miles for 6k its gonna have a ton of hidden probs, he told me I'm a typical vet owner that thinks their cars worth more then it is, I'm deff right here-not that I'm planning on gettin rid of her, but if I was gonna 8k isn't unreasonable (atleast I don't think so) I paid 10 for her lol.
I was going to ask why you don't buy a newer vette but you answered my question....$$$$

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom