Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Temperature Sender

Thanks Bill. A coupler or brass reducing fitting is not possible due to my headers. I sent an email to the site you mentioned requesting some assistance.

I see...........so there's no tapped hole in the intake either near the gooseneck??

There is one there. Yesterday I installed a WELLS TU66 Temperature Sender for an 81 Vette. Test drove the my Vette today and the Guage displays closer to what the temperature should be. I won't know for sure until I use a heat gun but it is better then before. Replaced the spark plugs as well and found a vaccuum leak. She runs much better now. "Go Figure".

There is one there. Yesterday I installed a WELLS TU66 Temperature Sender for an 81 Vette. Test drove the my Vette today and the Guage displays closer to what the temperature should be. I won't know for sure until I use a heat gun but it is better then before. Replaced the spark plugs as well and found a vaccuum leak. She runs much better now. "Go Figure".

That spot should work OK Jeff, that's where I put mine a long time ago. The water temp is about 10 deg or so cooler there than in the block where the original was but as long as you keep that in mind there's no problem.

Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom