Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The car is packed 48 states await

Jack,
Hope you are feeling better. We still hope to see you when you come through Chapel Hill NC area.

Roger

I am back on track

Hi you all, (Texas slang) I think, This is going to be a long post with lots of pictures. Please remember to only hit post a reply without quote so the pictures do not reload for those with slow internet connections.

The stomach thing is still going on but I hope it will be gone by the time I get to New Orleans on Monday.

Tom Parsons and Wife Janet Mustang OK

RidetoJeffArkansas002.jpg

tomparsons014.jpg

tomparsons015.jpg

tomparsons009.jpg

tomparsons019.jpg

tomparsons001.jpg

Tom telling it the way it is

tomparsons003.jpg

John Givens Eufaula OK

RidetoJeffArkansas003.jpg

RidetoJeffArkansas006.jpg

RidetoJeffArkansas011_renamed_13152.jpg

RidetoJeffArkansas014.jpg

RidetoJeffArkansas019.jpg

RidetoJeffArkansas033.jpg

Jeff and Penny Montgomery Mena Arkansas

jeffARJerryAnnaTX001.jpg

jeffARJerryAnnaTX004.jpg

Jeff's car has been to all 48 states over time and mine soon

jeffARJerryAnnaTX016.jpg

jeffARJerryAnnaTX013.jpg

jeffARJerryAnnaTX021.jpg

jeffARJerryAnnaTX023.jpg

RidetoJeffArkansas040_renamed_5768.jpg

Jerry Echols Anna Texas

jeffARJerryAnnaTX028.jpg

jeffARJerryAnnaTX029.jpg

jeffARJerryAnnaTX031.jpg

Going native
jeffARJerryAnnaTX035.jpg

jeffARJerryAnnaTX036.jpg

jeffARJerryAnnaTX037.jpg

jeffARJerryAnnaTX038.jpg

Jerry's daily driver
jeffARJerryAnnaTX039.jpg

Thanks to everyone for their concern , car is good thanks to all the help along the way and I am going to be fine thanks to some mothering by forums members

I will post more later in day

Jack

Ps remember to push reply only

Mandina's on Canal St.

Hi Jack,

We are stuck in Northern Louisiana on family business so I will not be able to join you for lunch in New Orleans.:(

NOLA is full of great eating places - Mandina's has been my favorite lunch place for almost 50 years. The price is great just like the food. Softshell Crab with the Almond sauce is the best taste to have ever passed through my lips.:beer

Thanks for sharing your journey with us.

Igeaux

Grandbury Texas Visit

It was my pleasure to spend the night with Garett & Pat Waddell in Grandbury Texas. He has raced fast cars and bikes for years and still does with his 63 SWC Zo6 in the Vintage races

garett.jpg

garett1.jpg

garett4.jpg

garett5.jpg

garett3.jpg

Garett and Pat

gareet.jpg

Nick Dillion has a great looking restomod 67 coupe bought in 1970

nickdillon3.jpg

nickdillon2.jpg

Nick at the wheel

nickdillon1.jpg

Jack - FL is coming up! Feel free to call me 941-350-1330!

Hope you're feeling better!

Just found you

Hi Jack,
Just found CAC, and you, recently. What you are doing gets right to the heart of what Corvettes are all about. Would it be okay if the Rochester (NY) Corvette Club - 400 + members - referenced you and your adventure in our next newsletter? I think everyone would be interested in reading your story right from the beginning. Good luck and stay healthy.
- Kevin McTighe

Pairofjacks1, welcome aboard! Just noticed this was your first post.

Nice to be here!

Thanks, Tom. I'm always l checking out Corvette info and stumbled across CAC last month. Hands down, the best site on the web! A lot of that has to do with tech stuff (was checking out winterizing my car when I found CAC) but it's the people who really make it great. That's why what Jack is doing is so special, connecting with all the folks out there. What an adventure! I may never look at my Garage Queen the same way.

Just got in

Hi, I just got up to my room , near the beach in Sandestin Florida , courtesy of , (cor24vette) a forum member. Nice fireplace, TV, views, it's a tough job, I know, but someone has to do it.

Give me a little while and I will start to post some great pictures of my visit to NASA, thanks to Jay , his wife Diana and son Blake , who work at NASA.

Also on the list car show at the Houston Galleria, lots of exotics.
Next, Jay's cars, Brady Como, in Beaumont TX , great 58 , and Joe & Ann Lagarde (66 BB) in New Orleans. ( Joe I know you had a fireplace, but it was not in my room). Or was it??????

Later Gang,

Jack

It is OK

Hi Jack,
Just found CAC, and you, recently. What you are doing gets right to the heart of what Corvettes are all about. Would it be okay if the Rochester (NY) Corvette Club - 400 + members - referenced you and your adventure in our next newsletter? I think everyone would be interested in reading your story right from the beginning. Good luck and stay healthy.
- Kevin McTighe

Hi, have fun, post away,

Jack

Houston Area Visit

Special thanks to Jay, Deana and their son Blake , for making my stay in Houston unforgettable.

Jay who works at NASA in the graphics program , won a national competition for designing a patch (NASA patches are very symbolic) commemorates the end of the Space Shuttle Program. That patch will be worn by Astronauts on the last flights in 2010 and 2011

Jay, Deana and Blake
nasajayjeffsteve030.jpg

Blake's design
nasajayjeffsteve011.jpg

Originail Mission Control
nasajayjeffsteve015.jpg

nasajayjeffsteve009.jpg

nasajayjeffsteve034.jpg

nasajayjeffsteve040.jpg

Live shot Mission Control
nasajayjeffsteve021.jpg

New Orleans

My New Orleans visit and my hosts Joe and his lovely wife Anna , made it a visit to remember. We had gone to the WW ll Museum, French Quarter and Museum of Art. Food was outstanding.

Also Roy Brotherhood and his friend Doug, were in NO scouting for an up coming Corvette trip next year with 9 couples. I had already stayed with 3 others from previous trips (Bob, Jeff and Jerry)

Joe and Ann

JoeLegardeNewOrleansRoyBrotherhood010.jpg

Cars Joe's BB 66

JoeLegardeNewOrleansRoyBrotherhood004.jpg

JoeLegardeNewOrleansRoyBrotherhood005.jpg

JoeLegardeNewOrleansRoyBrotherhood002.jpg

JoeLegardeNewOrleansRoyBrotherhood007.jpg

Roy

JoeLegardeNewOrleansRoyBrotherhood009.jpg

JoeLegardeNewOrleansRoyBrotherhood014.jpg

Florida Swing

Here is the travel plan

I leave the Panama City area today to head to Ocala to visit family.

I will not go further south then Tampa - Orlando area

I will be in this area for 2 days.

Let's try to have a central meeting somewhere in that area , I hope someone from the 4 forums I belong to can help set that up

Post or call me today to get the ball rolling 207 838 5695

Jack

Here is the Florida Plan

Hi you all, (southern influence)

I have made it to my Dad's house in Ocala. I am spending the day with my step mom and brother. I will also use this day to catch up on posts. (unsecured wireless from a neighbor).

As stated, I am trying not to travel too far from this location. Post or PM me to plan any visits. If some of you can come to this area or a central location nearby, I will stay in the Ocala area till Monday, when I will leave for Savanna Georgia and Charleston NC. Stay in Charleston on Monday night and then on to KY and Bowling Green as shown on my map.

Trip route - Google Maps

I am sorry for missing some of you along the way, but I am having some physical issues that have been getting in the way.

Hope to have a great remainder of my ride and I thank everyone who has helped me on the " Journey"

Jack

Are you stopping anywhere along/near I40 in NC?

53 to 55 Corvette owners

I had the pleasure of visiting Steve Newsom in the Houston area.
Steve is a very talented musician as well having a restoration shop that only restores 53 to 55 corvettes. He also owns #177 53 survivor (he is the second owner) . # 241 53

54 # 780 99.6 Duntov Car
55 # 594 50% Original Paint

He also is working on 3 other cars for clients. There is a bit of a wait for cars , Lots of parts to find or make.

His number is 281 413 0028 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 281 413 0028 end_of_the_skype_highlighting if you would like more information

nasajayjeffsteve115.jpg

nasajayjeffsteve111.jpg

nasajayjeffsteve109.jpg

nasajayjeffsteve101.jpg

nasajayjeffsteve091.jpg

nasajayjeffsteve121.jpg

Florida Swing

I visited with Joe and Nancy, (cor24vette) in Santa Rosa Beach area.
Joe has owned many corvettes (24) over the years, and shared some of his stories with me.

He also rescued me on I 10 , about an hour out on my way to Ocala, a bolt holding my alternator broke, and Joe brought one to me. We fixed it on the road and off I went. I little later in some little town on old 90 , my muffler clamps came lose and the local boys fixed me right up.

A reporter from the local paper came and interviewed me also.

Joe and Nancy

JohnBryant2.jpg

JohnBryant1.jpg

JohnBryant16_renamed_14261.jpg

reporter

JohnBryant10_renamed_2265.jpg

Joe at work

Jbryantridetoocala059.jpg

Jbryantridetoocala060.jpg

Jbryantridetoocala062.jpg

The big boys

Jbryantridetoocala064.jpg

Happy Ending

JohnBryant3.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom