Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Corvette Action Center Suffers a Loss

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
It is with heavy heart that I must announce the passing of Bud Dougherty - Yoda - to many of you that new him here in the forums.

Bud passed away yesterday at home with his family by his side after a long battle with Cancer.

19Brothers_Rare_Rowdy.jpg

Bud is on the left next to Rowdy1.

Bud was one of the first members to join the Corvette Action Center back in 2000. He was not only one of the first members here, but he was also a staunch supporter of the CAC, my efforts here and my good friend.

He always used to tell me when it came to the Corvette Action Center - "build it, and they will come." To this day, I have never forgotten those words. He never doubted me and my goals for the CAC no matter how badly I doubted myself.

The stories of his life he shared with me, the tears, the laughter, the talks - I will cherish those always.

I remember we would spend many nights during the CruiseFest events, up late talking about the CAC, the forums, how to run them, how to mediate disagreements among other members, how to try and grow the site in the right direction...I would confer with him on some of my responses, asking if my wording was ok, he would confer with me sometimes, asking if his responses were too harsh...it there was one thing about Bud; he could cut right through the BS and get straight to the heart of the matter.

He was a loving husband, a Vietnam Veteran who served his country and a Corvette enthusiast to the core. He once told me it was the Corvette Action Center that brought him back to Corvettes and becoming a member of a club again after so many years of being away.

There is so much more I could write, but the tears just won't stop...

Rest in peace Bud....I'm sure you and Jane Ann will be burning rubber up there and raising hell...

• Admin
Arrangements have not been announced as of yet, and the Corvette Action Center will do something; I just need to get myself and my thoughts together.

I will keep everyone posted here...

This makes me so sad. Bud was one of the "good guys". I could always count on Bud being there when there was a question or if I needed reassurance in whether or not I was thinking down the right path. He and Nanc were great people. Nanc, if you read this please know that Bud is in my prayers, and in my heart.

i actually felt a disturbance in the force yesterday. May God bless him, Jane Ann and Blackdog.

DAY-UM! That just SUX.
I got to know Yoda thru the Corvette Action Center, and once we found out
that we were both Vietnam Vets, we developed a bond. Talked with him on the
phone from time to time as well as some PM's here. I knew that he was not
in the best of health, but then again not many Vietnam Vets are. I thought
that this was just another little setback that he would overcome, but it looks like
I was sadly mistaken about that. I FIRMLY believe that YODA will be watched
out for up there with Jane Ann even if God's NOT a Vette driver. Godspeed my
friend! May the weather always be good enough for you to take out the tops in Rare.
Jane Ann left us on March 21, 2013, now Yoda is gone. Prayers being offered up for
both of them, as well as Nancy...........
Andy Anderson

I WILL Write...

It is with heavy heart that I must announce the passing of Bud Dougherty - Yoda - to many of you that new him here in the forums.

Bud passed away yesterday at home with his family by his side after a long battle with Cancer.

19Brothers_Rare_Rowdy.jpg

Bud is on the left next to Rowdy1.

Bud was one of the first members to join the Corvette Action Center back in 2000. He was not only one of the first members here, but he was also a staunch supporter of the CAC, my efforts here and my good friend.

He always used to tell me when it came to the Corvette Action Center - "build it, and they will come." To this day, I have never forgotten those words. He never doubted me and my goals for the CAC no matter how badly I doubted myself.

The stories of his life he shared with me, the tears, the laughter, the talks - I will cherish those always.

There is so much more I could write, but the tears just won't stop...

Rest in peace Bud....I'm sure you and Jane Ann will be burning rubber up there and raising hell...
I just can't right now...

Rest in Peace, Bud
My deepest condolences to your family

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Even though I knew he was battling with cancer, I just did not think I would be reading this now. I knew Bud from the beginning of the Corvette Action Center and loved his wit, his upfront honesty and everything about him. I will truly miss him. I just can't believe this.

Elaine

So sorry to hear of Buds passing.
May he rest in peace.

Sorry to hear of Bud's passing. Condolences to his family and friends.

I was also unaware of Jane Ann's passing. She was always so delightful to converse with.

May God be watching over both of them.

Brother Bud fought the good fight that would have taken a lesser man long ago. I join Forum friends in wishing Nanc and the family peace and solace.

Sorry to hear that Bud YODA has moved on, may his family and friends be comforted at his loss.

To Bud,
May there be wind be at your back whilst cruising on golden streets lined with billowing clouds...

67HeavenRear.jpg~original

I met Bud at the Colorado Springs Cruise Fest and took an instant liking to him. He was one of the original Supremes that performed at the dinner. Over the years, he would e-mail me and we would discuss things and his humor was always appreciated. At a CF in Effingham, when Jane Ann could not attend to instruct me in posting pics, he took time to teach me, spending hours with me in his room until he was sure I got it right. He was a patriot thru and thru and we will all miss him. I have prayed for him every night during his bout with cancer. Now he will be looking out for all of us from above.

God speed Bud, rest in peace. I know one of the last words or thoughts could have been "God bless the USA".

Goodbye my friend.

Barrett

My Good Friend & Mentor upon purchasing (June 2002) my first corvette, 1981, two-tone Cpe, 4-spd, here in CA. Bud & Nan lived in Modesto, CA at the time, 18 miles from me. I met Bud at his Modest home in July 2002 thru another C-3 owner and I had many questions for YODA about this grand car I just bought, he took me under his wing and we became C-3 buddies forever, both him and Nan have been my extended family since 2002. I visited Bud & Nan in Amarillo in June 2013, probably my third trip there since they relocated to TX. I'm a retired Air Force retiree and Bud being a Navy Veteran was just the right mix for both of us, He was so like a brother to me, I admired & respected Bud for his values, We all will miss him and knowing him being part of CAC was a great journey for making many friends all over these united states! He guided me alone joining CAC in April 2003, I can never thank or repay the direction and advice Bud gave me, but I will pass/inform as Bud to others ;0) BEST Wing-Man ever....thanks Bud
Lite that After-Burner YODA... Eight-Turning ~ Two Burn'n

Dave 81 Mako

So sorry to hear of Buds passing. May he rest in peace.

Oh no.... he helped me on so many occasions over the years. Very very sad. He will be missed!

Our hearts go out to Bud's family at the sad time.

RIP

Didn't know Yoda but remember seeing his presence here over the years (especially when I had my C3).

Condolences to family and friends.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom