Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Corvette Action Center Suffers a Loss

(I first apologize for my poor english)

This is a great shock.

Back in 2001, Bud gave me many advices when I got my 81' Vette.
I was quite alone in France trying to keep my Vette in its best condition and he was the light that helped me.

As any fan of the StarWars saga, I didn't believe that Yoda could die... until it happened.

But he is still there, in all of our hearts.

So, so sorry to hear about Yoda. . . . . Thoughts and prayers to the family.

First of all thanks for letting us know about Buds (Yoda) passing Rob, I for one really appreciate it. Rob you're a class act that is for sure, one of the reasons CAC is the best web site on the www. I think Al Gore :eyerole is still trying to take credit for it though Yoda was as much a part of it as anyone and was one of the staples of the group that is for sure. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Bud is now driving on those streets paved with gold, while GOD and HIS Staff is saying "slow down Yoda" and keep those tire marks:louoff my street :L I say to Bud personally thank you for your :patservice to this great country my brother in arms, welcome home again to your final resting place. I enjoyed you for quite a few years on Corvette Action Center routinely. Now my brother may you rest in peace and dwell in the house of our Lord and Savior Forevermore! May the force be with you my Man :_rock

-Bill :w The final wave here on this planet. . . . Now you may find out who really assassinate John Kennedy ;shrug and not sure we care what really happened to Hoffa ;LOL

It's just weird to hear this. Bud was the guy that was always around and in his way the force behind the L81 section. There're people that come and go that you don't even notice, others you think will live forever. Everybody has this or her time but it still is an unpleasant surprice. Rest in peace But, we'll remember you!

Greetings Peter

My introduction to Bud? The "secret handshake"..... It is an honor to have been his friend. His stories at CruiseFest are cherished memories and the time we spent with him and Nanc down in Amarillo will never be forgotten. Bud, I'll do my best to pass the "handshake" on to any and all CAC members I run in to.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Nanc and the family.

Scott and Claudia

Last edited:
I'll just echo what many of you have already said. Bud was a true gentleman and always helped me whenever I asked. I just keep thinking of those I've met here on CAC that are no longer with us. Makes me sad.

Ron
"Baldie88"

From one Vietnam vet to another, the fight is over, well done my brother, rest in peace, my thoughts and prayers are with your family.--Bill

Bud, it is ok to retire now.

Had lunch with the “Yoda” in early 2010. It turned out to be a six hour visit. Sorry I missed him on last year’s trip through Amarillo. He was out of town the only days we were close by.

You old timers will remember that Yoda and I had some head to head arguments over politics, religion and life in general. Some rather heated ones.

Ok those are the things we are told not to talk about but guess what? Like a true gentleman Bud could discuss, disagree and still respect. A trait to be admired in anyone and required of a YODA; Bud earned his title.

Not only will CAC miss Bud, he will be missed everyone he touched in some way.

Our thoughts go out to Nanc and family.

I'm sure, in time, Nanc will read this thread. I also know that she won't be surprised by the litany of praise Bud has garnered here. As a member of the staff here at CAC, I want to, personally, thank each and every one who has posted here, as it means so much to us here and with Bud's family. Bud leaves a void here that cannot be filled, both professionally, as a member of this staff, and personally. Everyone Bud touched remembers him. His knowledge of Corvettes in general and L81's in particular was vast. We had several discussions over the years about various topics and I was, without a doubt, in awe of his wise insights.

I only knew you as "Yoda", but your support and knowledge was invaluable. I am not good at this type of thing so I will say farewell my fellow Vet as you are going home again.
As you slip theses earthly bonds may you reach out and touch the Face of God.<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

I Remember all the good times at the Get together's......RIP...

Sorry to hear this. My condolences and prayers to the family and friends that knew him. Wish I would have been able to meet him.

Such a cool guy. REALLY was one of the good guys :thumb

I raise my glass, to Bud! :beer

Eric

Rest in Peace BUD. So many of our good friends are going to the big Corvette corral in the sky. I hope you can find peace and happiness.
Korvettekarl

This is tough...I'm glad I'm alone, this won't happen without shedding a tear or two.

The words "Rare" and "Yoda" could not be more appropriate...for Bud was as rare and wise as any individual ever put on this Earth.

I first met Bud at one of the Bowling Green Cruisefests (luckily not via the "secret handshake"...tho I have witnessed that :chuckle ). We caravaned into BG together (from somewhere in MO I think?). I had the '84 at the time, and I remember us all coming out of some toll gates in a rather "aggressive" manner. I had just rebuilt the transmission prior to the trip, and I remember going past Bud and letting out some rather obnixious "barking like a mad dog" (his words!) going into second gear. When we got into the hotel and got all settled, he came up to me and in again in a rather "aggressive" manner (not quite as aggressive as the "secret handshake" :chuckle), nudged me in the shoulder and said something along the lines of "ok that AIN'T no stock '84...what in the HELL have you done to that thing!?". I learned during that conversation that Bud was involved in testing when the '84 was first released. Of course he was right...mine was very not-stock, not only under the hood but suspension included...so I took him out for a spin around BG (and offered to let him drive it himself, but he declined to do that, he just wanted to RIDE). I will never forget the look on his face or the excitement in his voice, reliving those days of having a blast testing this radical new Corvette design. Priceless indeed.

When that car met it's untimely firey demise...I think Bud was as heartbroken as I was, possibly even more so.

Then there was CF '07 here in Colorado. Among the MANY great moments and stories from this event...there is one that is particularly special to me.

My kid (Zach) tagged along with me at most of the events we participated in that year, and Bud seemed to develop a special bond with him. This is Zach at one of the dinners:

296686_293112280713014_942851292_n.jpg

Well, during the "farewell" dinner party giveaway, a model of the then new Camaro came across the table and Zach's jaw dropped (he LOVES that car). We didn't win it, and Zach was so bummed (and the person that did win it simply refused to "trade" anything for it, even after some rather intense chanting from the entire room...such is life).

Fast forward a few days later, I come home to find a box on the porch...and since I wasn't expecting any packages this was a bit curious. Took the package inside and opened it to find the EXACT same Camaro die cast model...and I do mean absolutely identical. For the longest time we didn't have a clue where this thing came from, as the return address was quite cleverly disguised...but to say this put a smile on a kid's face is a major understatement!

387875_293112587379650_763632744_n.jpg

We did eventually learn that it was indeed Bud that masterminded this devious plan, and to this day that car sits on his computer desk as a tribute to a truly special individual.

Over the years since then, we kept in touch here and there and he ALWAYS wanted to know how Zach was doing...not as frequently as I would have liked, but understandable given everything Bud was going through. We never got the chance to pay a visit (tried a couple of times, but between my schedule and Bud's struggle, it just didn't work out).

There have of course been ups and downs, but it just breaks my heart that Bud never got to see first hand what a stellar young man this kid is growing into. However, somehow I think he knows.

(this is from just a couple of weeks ago at his very first ever stage performance)
11016133_963493823674853_8599981129530380455_o.jpg

I cannot refer to this dear man in the past tense...a soul like that will NEVER die. He will always be here with us...maybe only listening now, and certainly from a much more comfortable chair! Bud, sir...I cannot thank you enough for teaching an impressionable young boy just what the power of pure KINDNESS can do. It has truly made an impact.

Rest well old friend...no one deserves it more.

Bill

EDIT: It bears mentioning that there were multiple remarkable souls involved with this most generous and thoughtful act. I will not name any names for fear of an old-West style hanging! :L

Last edited:
Rest in Peace my friend.

He bravely took Death’s arm and followed him through the doors and on to the black desert under the endless night. He will be missed by many. Condolences to Nancy and family.
:pat

My deepest sympathy to Bud's family. He will be truely missed by all.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom