Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Corvette Action Center Suffers a Loss

Nice picture. Was that picture taken in front of a Cabellas?

That was in front of the AQHA museum. We were down house hunting trying to figure out where we wanted to end up. Bud and Nanc were kind enough to show us the area. We ended up in Michigan but Texas sure had a strong attraction for us.

Well, today was the day of the "roast" in Amarillo. Rosie and I got up early and left a little before 8 this morning to go down. It was a little after 11 when we got there. We met up with Bill (geekinavette) and Zach (Bills son, kidinavette) , as it was too early to go over to the coffee shop where the roast was held. We talked for a while and then decided to head over and wait. About ten minutes later Gerry (GerryLP) called to ask where it was, he had driven right by without seeing the place......(I did the same thing earlier :L ). Right at 1, Nanc shows up with Bud's best friend and his wife. (Nanc, correct me if I have this mixed up a bit), who worked with Bud out in California, and followed Bud/Nanc out to Amarillo a couple years after they did. Then a few local people showed up shortly after. We sat and talked for about 20 minutes when the manager of the coffee shop came out with a huge bouquet and a card. I can't speak for anyone else, but it was an emotional couple of minutes as he spoke of how Bud came in and always gave everyone a hard time and how Bud kept them on their toes. It sounded just like the Bud we all knew here. I know that Nanc really appreciated our being there, and, like us, wish it were under different circumstances.

For me it just hit home (again) how we shouldn't put things off until tomorrow. Stop and visit those friends, pick up the phone and call, just stay in touch, as you never know. We love you Nanc!

Here's Bud doing his Supremes routine. :dance RIP my friend!

Bill and Zach.

Bud Best friend, Nanc and Gerry. Nanc and Gerry. And others.

The manager of the shop

Nanc reading the card

Sounds like an awesome tribute to Bud :thumb you said it, not a one of us are promised any tomorrow's that's for sure as we know it!

-Bill

Thanks for the update & pictures, Tom. How was Nancy bearing up?

Mac

Nanc was doing real well...at least on the outside. If she was having problems, she sure didn't show it as she hid it real well. I could tell, when the manager came out and gave her the bouquet that she almost teared up then, but so did I. Nanc is a trooper, she'll be OK, and she has a support system in place there with Bud's friend and his wife.

Thanks for sharing the pictures! :thumb

If I remember correctly... Bud had said he wanted to leave Rare to a niece. Not sure what Nanc wants to do, but she's always welcome here. And if Rare does go to a family member- well, they are welcome here too. I think Remo put a son on that plan.

Regardless, it would be really nice if Nanc posts here from time to time.

I still can't believe he's gone.

:cry

Nanc was doing real well...at least on the outside. If she was having problems, she sure didn't show it as she hid it real well. I could tell, when the manager came out and gave her the bouquet that she almost teared up then, but so did I. Nanc is a trooper, she'll be OK, and she has a support system in place there with Bud's friend and his wife.

I think Bud's friend's name is Bud as well (I thought I heard it wrong, but why would she refer to him as "Bud's friend"??? Lol).

I think Bud's friend's name is Bud as well (I thought I heard it wrong, but why would she refer to him as "Bud's friend"??? Lol).
From memory, I think it's actually Buzz rather than Bud.

Mac

Yes Buzz, is his name.

Just back from Amarillo (Zach and I made a 3-day weekend of the trip).

Nancy was very upbeat and positive. Remarkable woman.

Nice to see Tom and Gerry again too! (cartoon cat 'n mouse characters? Hmmmm )

Listening to the coffee shop guy talk about Bud's "guidance" had to be the highlight of the day! :L (second only to the flowers he gave her...that was so touching)

Thanks Guys for being at the roast and sharing the pictures. :thumb

I still cant believe Bud's not around anymore.. :cry

-Stefan

This is not Yoda posting from a galactic starship, but Mrs. Yoda from Planet Earth. I think I have a user name and password but in the mix of all that and pin numbers etc., I don't remember it, so hope I didn't give anyone the vapors.

I've been melancholy this week and got to thinking about the agreement Bud and I had during his illnesses ... regardless of the diagnosis/prognosis we would put on our big girl/big boy panties and deal with it. So, I put on my big girl panties today and decided it was time to drop in and say hello and thank you to all for the kind words, wishes and memories.

Thank you, Mac, for staying in touch and posting to the Action Center.

Thank you to Tom and Rosie, Bill and Zach and Gerry for coming to the Bud Roast this past Sunday, and thank you, Tom and Rosie, for emailing me the pics and posting them here.

The Roasters folks have been good friends. Some have taken care of our house and Sophie when we made our trips to Houston last year. I've teased Bud and Buzz about being the Norm and Cliff (Cheers) of Roasters. I was stunned at that spectacular floral arrangement. I watered it today and it still looks spectacular.

I want all of you to know how much you meant to Bud and mean to me. We've appreciated and valued your friendship and support. In the dreary times of life, it's comforting to know one has good friends.

I'll be taking Bud back to Nebraska next month to be buried in his home town. The graveside service will be May 22 at 2:00 p.m. at Greenwood Cemetery, York, NE, with a gathering a Chances R Restaurant following. Please join us if you can.

Nanc

Nanc, it was MY pleasure to be able to call Bud (and you) friends. Friends do things without the need for "Thanks", but, Rosie and I do appreciate your kudos. The trip to Amarillo was nothing in comparison to what Bud meant to this forum. It was truly MY pleasure. As of right now I am planning the trip to York for the service there (fingers crossed that nothing pops up).

Nanc, you can always come here and post up your thoughts and needs. We are here to help you in whatever way we can.

Sorry I didn't reply more quickly. I was dealing with a brief incident of the vapours...

Nancy, I was more than glad to help and I appreciate you were willing to share with the group during your time of grief and sorrow.

Mac

I made the trek up to York NE today to attend the memorial service for Bud. Weather could have been nicer, but it could have been much worse too. Two hundred miles from the in-laws house more than half of them in a driving rain.

The military service was very nice and there were quite a few people there. Got meet Buds' step daughter and two of her kids, his sister and brother. There were quite a few of his friends from the area there as well.

I was the only one to show up in a Corvette, Nanc said she was sure glad when she saw me pull in driving the Corvette. I did find out that the Corvette does NOT melt if it is driven in the rain. :D

I was so glad that I made the trip. OH, CAC was represented by myself and Huskerman as I picked him up and we rode together to the service. No pictures this time guys, I left the camera at home and left my phone in the car.

These were taken in Huskermans' garage right before I left for home.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to make the service. I'm glad you guys were able to be there.

Thank you Tom. I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it either. :(

Nanc had her friends, Buzz and Mary, from Amarillo with her. Nanc was a trooper. After the service, she made her way around to see each and every person that was there to thank them for coming. And it seemed that she made a special effort to see the men from the VFW post who did the service (and rightly so). We then went down to a quaint little place in town where she had arranged for a room with coffee and cookies so attendees could visit. I had a really nice chat with Buds brother and a couple of Corvette friends of Buds from the area. Not sure whether or not I convinced them to become member here or not. :L I'm always trying. :chuckle

Again, I am so glad that I made the trip. Love you Nanc.

WOW! - VERY SORRY to hear of Bud's passing - he was both a wealth of knowledge and a great guy, to say the least.
My heart felt condolences go out to his family as well as to all of his friends here at the CAC.

Not great photos, but here are pictures of the card they were passing out at the service.

Cover

Inside

Back cover

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom