Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Corvette Action Center Suffers a Loss

Very sad to hear this news. Unfortunately, I never got the chance to meet Bud in person, but we corresponded from time to time through the forum. Our loss is Heaven's gain.

My condolences to Bud's family. May God comfort you in your loss.

Sorry to hear this sad news

Guys it has been a long time since I was on the site. But when I got this news in my e-mail box I just had to respond:cry. May God bless you Bud.

Does anyone have the video of "The Supremes" taken at the Colorado CruiseFest? I had it at one point, but can't find it. I've searched here in the forums, but can't find it here as well.

The Rest is peace.

Does anyone have the video of "The Supremes" taken at the Colorado CruiseFest? I had it at one point, but can't find it. I've searched here in the forums, but can't find it here as well.

Digging through all the archived stuff on my drive...no luck so far. I could've sworn I had a copy of that.

It's just weird to hear this. Bud was the guy that was always around and in his way the force behind the L81 section. There're people that come and go that you don't even notice, others you think will live forever. Everybody has this or her time but it still is an unpleasant surprice. Rest in peace But, we'll remember you!

Greetings Peter

I cannot refer to this dear man in the past tense...a soul like that will NEVER die. He will always be here with us...maybe only listening now, and certainly from a much more comfortable chair! Bud, sir...I cannot thank you enough for teaching an impressionable young boy just what the power of pure KINDNESS can do. It has truly made an impact.

Rest well old friend...no one deserves it more.

Bill

I am still not entirely able to get my head wrapped around Bud, Sensei Yoda, not being here anymore. Peter and Bill have put in words what i wanted to express but words do fail me. (Thanks Guys!)

Maybe i can recount my meeting with him:
At CF1, with my 5 month pregnant wife, we arrived with the car on a trailer in tow of the truck. As i never trailed the car, i had put her the wrong way around.. :SLAP

After i got her off the trailer, with the help of a few of the attendees, i never thought about it again, until it got to be time to put her back up for the trip home, having met a host of friends at all of the festivities. Bud (and Lou) showed me how to correctly get the car on the trailer, without laughing at my dumb mistake, though a smirk could be seen.

Since CF1, Bud has always asked for my wife and my daughter. He never forgot. She is now 10 and does know who Bud is, the kind and gentleMAN.

I will miss him, greatly.

Condolences from my family to Nancy and her family.

-Mary, Stefan & Erin

It's truely sad to hear of Bud's passing, his family is in my thoughts and prayers.

I have only met Bud throu emails and forums yet the knowledge he shared has helped me so many times. He will be missed, RIP.

Chuck

Welcome to Corvette Action Center

From one Vietnam vet to another, the fight is over, well done my brother, rest in peace, my thoughts and prayers are with your family.--Bill

I notice this appears to be your first post so I wanted to WELCOME YOU ABOARD :happyanim:

-Bill

Bud was just an all around good guy that seemed to bring wisdom, kindness, help, and laughter wherever he went. :thumb

I'm fortunate to have known him and to have called him a friend.

Thanks for everything, Bud... :pat

A word of thanks and remembrance from Nanc...

Mac

I just read the postings at the CAC and they warmed the cockles
of my heart. The CACs are truly thoughtful folks and helped me
remember many things from years past. I like the thought of
Bud, Jane Ann and Jeff feeling well and happy driving around in
Corvettes ... probably smoking cigs and drinking coffee. I'm
sure they've met up with other Vetters. I think Remo from
Massachusetts passed on a few years back.

Bud's favorite coffee shop was Roasters on Soncy. He and his
pal, Buzz, would go there 2-3 times during the week and we would
always go on Sunday. We got to know the young baristas and some
other folks who always go there on Sunday. The baristas wanted
to do something, so we are going to have a Bud Roast at Roasters
on April 12.

Bud wanted to be buried in his hometown, York, Nebraska. His
parents are both buried there. They were both WW2 vets. We
have a plot next to them. As with many small towns, York goes
full patriotic on holidays like Memorial Day. Bud was a life
member of the VFW Post there, so we are going to be contacting
them about a graveside military service. Due to military
obligations and family issues, we are tentatively looking at May22. When a date certain is firmed up, I'll let you know.

The CACs would most surely be welcome at Roasters/York. Thanks
for your condolences, Mac, as well as the other CACs.

Nanc

My Supreme Brother

How I wish I saved the video.
I met Bud here in 2001 and in person off and on over the years. The last time face to face was at CF in CO Springs. That was a night I will remember and cherish the rest of my life. On stage with my pals, and a dance with Nancy (she can sure cut a rug), it was a wonderful evening.
Yoda, you are and will always be missed, my brother, a class act with a Capitol "C" which no more words can describe. A good guy, a nice couple doesn't describe Bud and Nancy enough.
On the other hand, right now whatever Bud, Remo, Jane Anne, Craig, Jeff and a few others are up too might be pretty scary. :) Bless you all.

See you some day my pal,
Guy

Last edited:
We are lessened.

I only knew Bud a short time. Our thoughts and prayers go to his family.

BroBud...

Rare81 answered a question I asked in a web site, CAC, many years ago, about the first month I could "spell" computer, 90's?, (Rob can see when it started I'm sure, JaneAnn will swear to my inability along with others here). Let alone, take, post, a what peg?, about an item on a 62 Corvette... and what I got back, I will take with me to the end of my time here as we know it...I never before, since, and will never, meet another...I have SO much to say of his meaning to me and those I met through & with Bud as I called him, it'll never happen. A BIG part of my problem sharing what Bud MEANS to me is, it doesn't end...it never will, I will share more of what Rob won't delete soon, every damn time I start, I have this leak...:lou My own Smilie, thank You Bud...

Thanks Lou, I know exactly what you mean. :lou

Mac, thank you for posting that information. I'm hoping that I can make it to the service. That's a bad time for me though. I might try to go down to Amarillo on the 12th.

Thanks Lou, I know exactly what you mean. :lou

Mac, thank you for posting that information. I'm hoping that I can make it to the service. That's a bad time for me though. I might try to go down to Amarillo on the 12th.

Tom (and anyone else planning to attend one or both), keep in touch with what you want to do. I'm definitely wanting to do one of those, possibly both.

Bill

Bill, I would like to attend both, if it is possible. I hope that when the details come out, I'm able to make arraignments to attend one or both. Amarillo is closer to me, about 3 1/2 hours. But I have friends who live in York, so I'd probably have a place to stay.

Like many people here, I first met Bud at the CAC's very first CruiseFest (2004) in Auburn, Indiana.
Bud had no problems stating things like they were. Whether it was just his upbringing, the job that he retired from, his military experience, or a collection of all things, Bud was the kind of guy that wasn't tolerant to most people's BS. And he usually had no issues letting that be known. But Bud also had a funny bone. Normally this was after peeling back a few layers via BlenderWars.
It was for these things that I respected Bud. In school, I always got along with the take-no-sh** teachers. Bud was like that, both in person and here on the forums.

If I had to pick out one thing that has always stayed with me, it would be a moment we had at CruiseFest. We were wrapping up the festivities on our departure day and it was just he and I shooting the breeze. He stopped, shook my hand, and said something to me that I don't think he probably made a habit of saying to many people. He said, "Andre, I just want you to know that if I ever had a son, I'd want him to be just like you." I mean, Wow! How do you respond to something like that??? That was almost 11 years ago, but I still remember it clearly.

The picture is me and my Bud. (click on it for the larger version)
Yoda & Evolution1980.jpg

The video did not take upload correctly you YouTube. The video can be downloaded by right-clicking on the link below and selecting "Save Link As..."
http://www.staging4.net/Evolution/The_not_quite_Supremes.mpg

Last edited:
Here's a still image from that memorable performance.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom