Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vette struck by lightning

The trip from WV went fairly well. No major problems.

I was nice to finally meet Jesse, and I know that my Vette is in good hands.

He should have a great time trying to figure this one out.

Did ya help cut and split the wood shown in the background? ;shrug

Paul, thanks for the encouragement and I am confident that Jesse will be able to repair the car properly....

Man! It's nice to be able to say that about any, mechanic. In all seriousness though, when I drove away from Jesse's last weekend was the first time in nearly 9 weeks that I was not worried about my Vette.

Did ya help cut and split the wood shown in the background? ;shrug

No, but I would have if he asked me to. I'm one of those weird people who actually like doing stuff like that. It's a Zen through exhaustion mind set.

Your car is in great hands and I can understand how you are not worried about it. Jesse is a great trouble shooter and he can get it done right.

Hi Tom!

Yeah, his knowledge is damned near encyclopedic, and not just on C4's! We gotta put his brain in a computer for future generations! ;LOL

Having talked to Junk on a number of occasions I have found him to have two very important qualities.
Number one, his mindset is to do it right.
Number two , he has what I call a mechanical-electrical aptitude. He understands how and why things work. He can see it and sense it. If you know how it works you can fix it.
Junk is a rare person that has these qualities all in one. Then on top of that you put his sense of responsibility and caring nature, then you can't beat him. :thumb:thumb:thumb
He is one of the very few I would trust with any vehicle of mine.
Who else could be trusted to pick up a new corvette detail it and store it for you as we saw him do recently.

Glenn
:w

Yup, and I had the distinct pleasure of him stopping by for a visit as he drove through Atlanta and he even let me drive his C5! I had never driven one before and it was awesome. :thumb

If you read this Jesse,

Thanks.

It's Alive

Wah ha,ha,ha,ha...................................... :boogie:boogie:boogie
Click!!
Update after 11:00 PM :thumb

:D

Last edited:
Safest Place?

I've always heard that one of the safest places to be in an electrical storm is
in your vehicle. I never really thought about the damage that would occur to the vehicle. But you're safe because your vette protected you. Hopefully you
can bring her home. Glad you're okay.:thumb

I've always heard that one of the safest places to be in an electrical storm is
in your vehicle. I never really thought about the damage that would occur to the vehicle. But you're safe because your vette protected you. Hopefully you
can bring her home. Glad you're okay.:thumb

Thanks.

Sorry guys,last night I went in to eat and fell asleep in the recliner!! :chuckle

But so far it's went through 3 complete warm up cycles with out a code or major glitch,I haven't driven it yet because it's still on stands and the inner fenders and side panels are off of it!!:thumb Still have some things to check out and get some parts prices and availability on Monday from my GM Parts guy!:thumb:thumb:thumb

PS. I think I found the ABS/TC problem too!

I read an interesting article several years ago where a female police officer in New Jersey got killed by lightning in her cop car when it got struck. Investigators said that because of today's steel belted tires they act as a conductor even though they are surrounded by rubber. So the lightning hits the car and it such has so much voltage and current that it just blasts its way right through the rubber. Sad incident.

I spend a great deal of time hiking. 10-12 miles per day, and I'm up to 4100 miles and have lost 72 pounds. But I keep a constant eye on the weather because I never realized just how dangerous it is. They say if you can hear thunder you can get killed. They say the only place in the world you're safe is inside a building. I no longer walk in a lightning storm! Out of all the weather deaths worldwide lightning kills far more people than anything else.

I think God was looking out for you that day. :thumb

The trick was to get him to give it up after three mounths .:boogie:boogie:boogie
Damn Man,What do you expect??;shrug;shrug;shrug
It's allot of fun putting the first 400 miles on someone else's New LS3 6 sp Corvette!!!:boogie:boogie:boogie

Damn Man,What do you expect??;shrug;shrug;shrug
It's allot of fun putting the first 400 miles on someone else's New LS3 6 sp Corvette!!!:boogie:boogie:boogie

Didn't seem to bother the car much (or me).I just couldn't figure out how come GM would put bald rear tires on a new car.:D

Didn't seem to bother the car much (or me).I just couldn't figure out how come GM would put bald rear tires on a new car.:D
Speaking of tires,How many miles do you have on it now and how are they wearing??;shrug;shrug;shrug

Speaking of tires,How many miles do you have on it now and how are they wearing??;shrug;shrug;shrug

Heading toward 20,000 miles :eek:hnoes wear seams very even with no cupping .I do think that either they are getting just a little noisy or I'm getting a little deaf.I keep about 32 lbs and holding.I am stuffing the mattress for a new set of tires next fall before I head to Florida.So far I'm happy with the Good Years.

The tires on the 03 are also wearing very well.

If this thread has taught me anything it's that none of us sleep very much.
I've been out here trying to see if I can find the lost button off the DIC!
:thumb
attachment.php

See anything you been missing??;shrugI didn't know you could cram this much stuff under the seats of a C4!!;LOL;LOL;LOL
attachment.php

Found the exhaust leaks too!!:thumb:thumb
attachment.php

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom