Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What Shark do you prefer?

What Shark grouping do you perfer?

• 68-69

Votes: 96 23.4%
  • 70-72

Votes: 111 27.0%
  • 73-74

Votes: 39 9.5%
  • 75-77

Votes: 45 10.9%
  • 78-79

Votes: 26 6.3%
  • 80-82

Votes: 94 22.9%

• Total voters
I think it depends on what you want a C3 Vette for and when you make a judgement. If you want to cruise hundreds of miles every day then a later year would be best because it is more comfortable. If you want to drag race over a quarter mile then an L88 69 is the best. If you want to cruise and pose then a 69 Big Block with Side Pipes is best.

Also what condition is the car in. When new it might be great but now later cars could be in better condition than earlier.

I have a 69 Big Block with Side Pipes. It has just had over $20,000 restoration done to it before I bought it and it is in immaculate condition. The roar of the engine when I let rip is gorgeous ?

I voted for the 80-82! I think they finally perfected the shark and thats why they went to the C4, no more ways to improve!

maddadd69 said:
Since the 73s were included with the 74s instead of the 70-72s I voted for 70-72s. My favorite though is the 73 actually. Best of both worlds with the body coloured front bumper giving it a smooth aero appearance with the FLAT rear which is so much nicer looking than those damn pointy things of the 74 and on models. But ,of course, to each his own. Anyway that's my $0.02.

Oh by the way I've owned both a 72 and a 76 so it's first hand experience for me with the 2 different styles. In addition I also had a 61 and presently have an ,01 coupe.

Morgan
I agree my 1st choice is the 73 for the reasons you outline, I am looking for a BB 73 Best of both worlds

1BAD69 said:
George...why are you looking for a 73BB when you just sold a 73BB? was there something wrong with it?
Seems George has wandered over here since he got banned from CF. I'm impressed how innocent he acts. Puts on a good 'newbie' persona too.
Got burned once, won't let it happen twice.

Hey 1BAD69,
I take back what I said earlier on in a post regarding chrome bumper Vettes.
Your car is outstanding, and tastefully done.
Everytime I look at your 69, I fall in love.
Would I dump my '79 for a bumpercar?
Only for one that looks as nice as yours does.
I don't like chrome that much, but it flat out WORKS on your ride.
Nice job!

The hard body, chrome bumper cars do it for me. My first Corvette was a soft-nose/tail `82 and I loved it. As the shark-bodies evolved, they definitely got sexy looking with the integrated spoilers and wheel well flares. Still, the early 70’s chrome bumper cars have a special something. If I add another Corvette down the road, it will be a `70-71 big block or LT-1.

Mine would be a 71 Convertible with red on red, 454, 4spd
Love the steel bumper vettes.

I do like my 81 though.

The 70, 71, and 72 had it all, style and brute power.

Trent81

Hmmmmmmmmmm....

last time i looked i had a chrome bumper.;)
ness said:
i like the 72...the last of the chrome bumper cars. :pat

I absolutely ache for a '71 War Bonnet Yellow 454 convertible w/white top with saddle leather. (Ok, I'd take a '69 427 with them big ole side pipes in Daytona Yellow, saddle leather, white top---OR!...., LeMans Blue, bright blue or gunmetal leather with white top. Thank you. :BOW

Bb

78SilvAnniv said:
I love my Silver Anniversary, but I REALLY love the chrome bumper big blocks! If I could get one of those with the 78's curved rear glass....I'd be in heaven! The best of both worlds, the classic looks of the chrome bumpers and practical space behind the seats.
Silver
A women with a BB heart

I really don't have any one year that I prefer.I'm just a C3 nut and love each and everyone.If I had to criticize one year it would be to 74 with the two piece rear bumper,but thats a quick fix.

78SilvAnniv said:
I love my Silver Anniversary, but I REALLY love the chrome bumper big blocks! If I could get one of those with the 78's curved rear glass....I'd be in heaven! The best of both worlds, the classic looks of the chrome bumpers and practical space behind the seats.
Silver
How/where would you feed [gas] this thirsty monster??

Like this 8 mpg tire smoker?

The '82 is just so sexy looking. It has a mean look to it and it looks good from all angles. All sharks are cool but I gotta vote for the '80 - '82 years.

Big Tex...

'71 Nevada Silver LT-1's!

C3's all the way!

I voted 78-79

Because--- I like the fast back look of the rear ends and the wrap around rear window. I also like the high rise hood of the L-82 models. I also like the creature comforts the later 78-79 provide over the early 70's. Plus there's something about the 8 slotted wheels I like. And finally I like the later model seats- they're more comfortable, so that's why I have a '78 Pace Car...

Best Wishes... C3 owners...

Sully

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom