Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What Shark do you prefer?

What Shark grouping do you perfer?

• 68-69

Votes: 96 23.4%
  • 70-72

Votes: 111 27.0%
  • 73-74

Votes: 39 9.5%
  • 75-77

Votes: 45 10.9%
  • 78-79

Votes: 26 6.3%
  • 80-82

Votes: 94 22.9%

• Total voters
still a hundred shy of the old post

1970 Stingray said:
'70-72 leading the pack, though I like the '68-72's.

Nice Vette! A couple of questions...what kind of wheels are they? Cragar S/S? And, how did you get away with cutting your springs? It looks really nice and low in the front, but do you scrape on fenders when you hit a bump?

Nice work, dude. :)

Stallion

Stallion said:
Nice Vette! A couple of questions...what kind of wheels are they? Cragar S/S? And, how did you get away with cutting your springs? It looks really nice and low in the front, but do you scrape on fenders when you hit a bump?

Nice work, dude. :)

Stallion

The wheels are American Racing torque thrust II's, 16x8 with 255-50-16 Goodyears.

No rubbing, bumping or grinding with the lowered front end.:D

Hi All from Adelaide Australia,

I Voted the 68 Clean Lines no Flares Steel Bumper Big Block.
I am in the process of frame off resto. Hey We love Corvettes Down Under Toooo.

Hey, welcome to:CAC

I am seeing a lot of older vettes form down under, is there a reason so many mid years and early C3's are kicking around down there?

Hi RSJ Rocket,

Vettes that are over thirty years old do not need to be converted to right hand drivein Australia. Its pretty well accepted that you can never get a conversion as good as the factory did it in the first place. Conversions could be carried out by anyone with mechanical experience.

Currently the new laws are much tighter for conversion of a c5 and a lot more complicated making the average c5 in its converted guise cost around $100,000.00 australian dollars.

So in short thats why i prefer the early models down under.

PS A Group of us attended the 50th Aniversary of the Corvette in Bowling Green, and guys, we have never seen so many C5's in one place. Theyare very nice to drive and so many different combinations and options.

Regards From Down Under

chrome bumpers

i know this is an unpopular opinion, but i don't like chrome. I've blacked out any chrome or shiney metal on my 75 and like it better that way.

The original Mako II design didn't have any chrome.

I think the 73 Should stan alone

68 to 72 same shape

73 stand alone

74 to 79 same shape

80 to 82 same

My 1st choice for a C# is the 1973 BB Conv. 2nd is the 73 Coup

Vett-Less

Shouldn't you lump 78-79 by themselves as well?

They are both fastback coupes, not the same shape as 74-77.

I agree, 73 is a unique one. It was also Larry Shinoda's favorite!

At times I feel depressed for selling my 73-BB Sometimes selling is much tougher then buying.

Fav Shark

Since the 73s were included with the 74s instead of the 70-72s I voted for 70-72s. My favorite though is the 73 actually. Best of both worlds with the body coloured front bumper giving it a smooth aero appearance with the FLAT rear which is so much nicer looking than those damn pointy things of the 74 and on models. But ,of course, to each his own. Anyway that's my $0.02.

Oh by the way I've owned both a 72 and a 76 so it's first hand experience for me with the 2 different styles. In addition I also had a 61 and presently have an ,01 coupe.

Morgan

My choice then and now

Tom73 said:
It has been asked what year or color or generation do people perfer. Would like to know how you view the sharks based on the following break down.

tom...

;)
I bought New and still own my 1972 Steel Cities Gray T Top Vette.
It is a lifetime keeper!
:w

WETVET said:
;)
"It Takes A Little Longer To Do It Right, It Takes Alot Longer To Do It Again"
:w

That reminds me of my old job when my boss would want to take short cuts on a repair job saying "we don't have enough time to do it right." I would always reply "we don't have enough time to do it right, but always have enough time to do it over." :L

l like the bumber cars...

...Partial to '71 - Especially Sunflower Yellow ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom