Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Why I hate Corvette Forum

Not necessarily.

If the Supporting Membership is strictly voluntary, and it's spelled out that no refunds will be made - then you are making the decision to become a Supporting Member with full consent.

Also: you may not realize this, but the web is not free. Everything you see on it - someone is footing the bill for your access to it.

This web site exists on a pretty powerful server that costs A LOT of money. That does not include the high monthly hosting fees, bandwidth fees, etc. Add on top of that the licensing fees for software - this forum software, the Knowledgebase software, etc. Then there is my time here. Nobody has paid me to build this site. Nobody pays me to maintain it - and God only knows, I spend hours upon hours maintaining it.

Take a look at the ZR1 Registry here - there's over 2,300 ZR1s entered in the database. Who do you think entered all of that information? Me. Same with the Model Center here.....the Knowledgebase....etc. Who do you think added all of that information? Me. Nobody made me do it - and nobody paid me to do it, but all of that information has made this site what it is today, and those two sections of this web site are some of the most heavily trafficked parts of the site.

I don't make an income off the CAC, but sometimes, I really wish I did because it's almost like another full time job and I already have one of those.

Rob,

I have glad you posted this. A lot of folks do not realize the work or the fees that need to be paid on a regular basis to keep a site of this size "up and running".

The CAC has been invaluable to me countless numbers of time. For my own Vette and others I have worked on.

The no-nonsense approach you have always used in running this site is the single most important reason why I always visit here before going anywhere else.

Thanks again for all you do!

Gregory

SAVE the WAVE! :w

Hey Yoda ... what's hi-ber-nation mean ???
Got something to do with that white stuff ???

It's still MUDSLIDE WEATHER here !! :drink(burp)

I wasn't much for any of the other Vette forums back in the days I had a Vette. They were great sites- I just have always thought the CAC was my home.

:CAC

Nowadays, I'm more like the poster child for "diversity" and "inclusion" in terms of my current GM hobby car. :chuckle

Seriously though- the CAC is a place that is home for folks who like Vettes and the comradery of ownership- past, present, and future. :beer

There is one thing I do like about CF and thats the buy and sell section.

I wish it was as active here on CAC.

All these fine members here but rarely does anyone sell anything. Dont really need anything but you never know what might spark my interest.

:beerPicture 1421.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom