Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WOW...FREE TRIP TO THE UK

A

awesome 72

:)

Yep you heard right Dudes, I'll fly anyone who knows C3's

back to front and has tinkerd with them sufficiently to

know what theyr'e doin.! round trip, all expenses paid

for a weekend to help me with my 72 pains. Don't need

to be a mechanic, just someone whose been there, done that.

my problems are no big deal, but I'd prefera little help from my

Vette friends. So don't be shy, If you live on the East Coast

and fit the bill, give me a holler.

Mark.

hi mate im in australia and have owned a 71 convertible for 15 years and i know every nut an bolt ,do i qualify?:upthumbs

Hi Mate, I'm from Tweed Heads area NWS hob bout you.? what do you do there.
The fare is quite more than from the States but I'll think about it mate. Give me
a couple of days. Have you rebuilt your engine and r&r'd a tilt tele wheel. ?

Mark.

:)

Yep you heard right Dudes, I'll fly anyone who knows C3's

back to front and has tinkerd with them sufficiently to

know what theyr'e doin.! round trip, all expenses paid

for a weekend to help me with my 72 pains. Don't need

to be a mechanic, just someone whose been there, done that.

my problems are no big deal, but I'd prefera little help from my

Vette friends. So don't be shy, If you live on the East Coast

and fit the bill, give me a holler.

Mark.

Mark,

What specifically are the probelms??

Jim

Hi Mate, I'm from Tweed Heads area NWS hob bout you.? what do you do there.
The fare is quite more than from the States but I'll think about it mate. Give me
a couple of days. Have you rebuilt your engine and r&r'd a tilt tele wheel. ?

Mark.
hi mark .yes i have done both these things and more,but what specifly is it you want done?

Hi Jim,
Thanks for responding. Loose steering, I think it's the bolts holding
the tilt tele column, so most people feel. Also the bottom end of the
350 needs rebuilding. I have done a lot previously, including cams, but
need someone whose played a lot with the C3's to help me do it right.
I would like to get it ready for the Summer meets.

Mark.

there are bolts in the tilt wheel that work loose causing the steering wheel to feel loose; not a hard job. Loose steering while driving on the other hand is front end work.
A lower end rebuild is not a weekend job, especially of the crank needs to be turned. Best thing to do if you don't feel qualified is to have a local machine shop rebuild the "short block"

there are bolts in the tilt wheel that work loose causing the steering wheel to feel loose; not a hard job. Loose steering while driving on the other hand is front end work.
A lower end rebuild is not a weekend job, especially of the crank needs to be turned. Best thing to do if you don't feel qualified is to have a local machine shop rebuild the "short block"

Thanks for the advice. I'd still rather fly someone over. I have zero
confidence in the local machine shops,etc. Having lived most of my
life Stateside, I am used to good knowledgable service by people
who know there stuff, I have not found this to be the case here. !
Anyone who defends this, had better be prepared to eat theirwords
if and when other Americans, like USAF personnel etc, who have lived
here and had similar experiences with the overpriced mechanical
wanabees butchers, will substantiate my statements in this regard.
This is why I must fly a US Vetter here, because at least they know
American cars and Vettes better than anyone.

Hi Mark,

I am a Yank living down in Spain. The workmanship it the UK is a thousand times better than what I can get here.

The only person other than me that is allowed to touch one of my motors is Frankie. He has built 2 for me and they are both great after 5 or more years of use. It might be worth you time to ship the block to him for the machine work.

What ever you do do not let wild Jeal hickup touch it. I know he worked on the Lotus team when the LT-5 was developed and I have seen/lived with his workmanship since.:eek:hnoes I know of at least 3 LT-5s that have dropped a valve after they had the Jeal treatment.

Through the racing team I know several good machinist in the UK. I could probably set you up with one of them if it would help.

Do you have a shop with enough room to pull the engine and an engine hoist?

Another option is that you could bring the car down here and work on it in our shop. Since leaving Formula 3 racing we have plenty of space and no shortage of tools. As soon as the GP2 season starts my free time will be limited but I do have a bit of time after Monaco until the 1st. of July. The shop here that does the lite machine work for the team is good enough to turn the crank and true up the big ends.

Let me know if I can help in anyway.

If you wanna do the rear wheel bearings, I can help. I still have my set-up tool and dial indicator and assortment of shims. Send your block out and have new short block assembled. Any one can then bolt parts back on. My engine assembly is limited to two and machine shop already had bearings and all measured so only put together the parts. I still would like to go there. currently unemployed and disabled. Lucrative offer..

I know a guy in Ely, Cambs. with a 67 coupe that may be able to give you some advise or contacts in your area, if you want me to give him a shout.

It would be a fun trip for me, but I don't have a passport yet.

I know a guy in Ely, Cambs. with a 67 coupe that may be able to give you some advise or contacts in your area, if you want me to give him a shout.

It would be a fun trip for me, but I don't have a passport yet.

You can get a passport pretty fast from any post office I believe, or local
issuing office. If u tell them it's urgent and give a reason. It sounds like u could do the job.

I sent my buddy in Ely a message with your contact info.
I hope you two can get your heads together to find a local talent to help you out.
:w

ok pete thanks

Thanks Pete,

I'll wait see if he gets back to me.

If you wanna do the rear wheel bearings, I can help. I still have my set-up tool and dial indicator and assortment of shims. Send your block out and have new short block assembled. Any one can then bolt parts back on. My engine assembly is limited to two and machine shop already had bearings and all measured so only put together the parts. I still would like to go there. currently unemployed and disabled. Lucrative offer..

Thanks Curtis, I'll keep it in mind. Appreciate your offer but the main
problems ar the loose tilt tele steering and the rod bearings area noise.
I'm getting a few replies, just hope I get it done in time or she stays
garaged.

Awesome 72, I sent you an e-mail. I have a small home business In AL( 90 miles from Atlanta, GA), called C3 Automotive. I work on '68-'82 Corvettes. If you did not get my e-mail, shoot me a line: thefourtaylors@bellsouth.net

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom