Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'07 C6 Clock Not Working

compyelc4

Corvette
'95 LT1 Coupe, Comp Yell; C6 Roadster, Vel Yell
Anyone else experience this problem and find a fix? I just replaced my seat covers and disconnected battery while working on the seats. After completion I reconnected battery and now I have no clock. Going to clock settings does no good because none of the menu selections work when I touch them. Much default info is also missing from that screen. All other functions except one work fine, including the GPS, audio adjustments, etc. The other temporary problem area is the outside rear view memory mirrors did not return to where they were before the work. Seats and steering wheel reset just fine however.

Thanks in advance for any help you can lend.

It's a huge problem right now for Corvette owners. It has something to do with a satellite rebooting. GM says that it may come back in April or it may not. Google it and I'm sure you can find better info than I just gave you.

It's a huge problem right now for Corvette owners. It has something to do with a satellite rebooting. GM says that it may come back in April or it may not. Google it and I'm sure you can find better info than I just gave you.

Thank you for the info jrose.

Apparently this is a huge issue. I won't see it, as I have already swapped the original Nav unit with an aftermarket unit.

Apparently this is a huge issue. I won't see it, as I have already swapped the original Nav unit with an aftermarket unit.

Thanks. I did some research tonight and am finding this out. Can't find anyone who knows why the problem occurs after disconnecting the battery. First time this has happened.

Try disconnecting and then reconnecting the battery and let us know what you get. Do you have the cojones to try this?

I have researched this problem extensively and can't find a great number of problems with this. Of the comments I have found, one respondent (Canada) said the USAF, who control all GPS satellites, recently changed some GPS frequencies affecting the C6 clocks (pre- 2012), and that there may be a fix in the works. Heck I doubt the AF cares about the clock on my C6 unless it affects other vital military systems too. Another said GM is aware of the problem but is a loss as the what the problem cause is. Other respondents say there are magic codes to be input on a secret input screen on our GPS, and that has proven to be bull. You know. I wear a watch and use my phone for guidance any more, so that GPS screen (junky anyway) is good only for radio tuning in my case. If any of you out there hear any good news please let us know.

I have the same issue with my 2007, Had battery out to charge it (dead) and when put back in, clock is blank and cannot reset it. The nav screen and xm came up fine but the gps coordinate entry is blank. I did not drive it more than ten miles after the battery reinstallation. Hope a fix is available.

Not as of yet...that I'm aware of. Hopefully they are working on a fix. I have heard there are vehicles from other manufacturers that are affected as well.

Have the same issue going on, discovered it when pulling my car out of storage for the driving season. Haven't seen anything official from GM that even acknowledges there is an issue, never mind a fix for it. A fix would likely require some new software for the system in the car, not holding my breath that GM would devote resources to fixing something in vehicles that weren't "current production".

Anyone else experience this problem and find a fix? I just replaced my seat covers and disconnected battery while working on the seats. After completion I reconnected battery and now I have no clock. Going to clock settings does no good because none of the menu selections work when I touch them. Much default info is also missing from that screen. All other functions except one work fine, including the GPS, audio adjustments, etc. The other temporary problem area is the outside rear view memory mirrors did not return to where they were before the work. Seats and steering wheel reset just fine however.

Thanks in advance for any help you can lend.
This is EXACTLY what happened with mine two weeks ago! I replaced my seat covers too, disconnecting the battery as recommended. After reconnecting the battery, I lost the clock, my mirrors were aimed down at the ground, but everything else in memory remained. What’s frustrating most is that on the settings screen, there is a place where you can make all kinds of changes to the clock settings, but nothing responds. At least the GPS does work, it shows correctly on the map where I am, despite the occasional box that indicates “No GPS” popping up even though it seems to keep track.
Does anyone know if the aftermarket GPS units will connect to the stock Corvette antenna in the rear view mirror? I don’t want to add another aftermarket antenna to my car. I’m not too fond of the stock system anyway, I’m spoiled by Garmin.

[FONT=&quot]Found the answer Found it !!! Go back into the MENU>DISPLAY ... Then do a long press in the lower left corner ... after about 15-30 seconds a new screen will appear asking for a PIN ... "295660" get's you into a new control screen. On page two you can set the clock (which is set to the year 2000 !!) BE AWARE it wants the time in GMT !!! I don't deserve the props for the find .. it was on this video YouTube[/FONT]

Found the answer Found it !!! Go back into the MENU>DISPLAY ... Then do a long press in the lower left corner ... after about 15-30 seconds a new screen will appear asking for a PIN ... "295660" get's you into a new control screen. On page two you can set the clock (which is set to the year 2000 !!) BE AWARE it wants the time in GMT !!! I don't deserve the props for the find .. it was on this video YouTube

Thanks for the effort rhandle. Please clarify something for us if you will: What year Corvette have you tried this on? With my '07 C6 I can't locate a Display screen within the Menu screen, so I can't even begin the process. BTW I just looked at the the screen shown in the UTube video. It is in a GMC truck, not a 2005-2011 Vette with Bose. The screens are totally different.

Last edited:

What did you go with? Im looking to possibly do the same, but would like a nice one. Ive seen lots out there...just want to get the right one.

Thanks for the effort rhandle. Please clarify something for us if you will: What year Corvette have you tried this on? With my '07 C6 I can't locate a Display screen within the Menu screen, so I can't even begin the process. BTW I just looked at the the screen shown in the UTube video. It is in a GMC truck, not a 2005-2011 Vette with Bose. The screens are totally different.

i ran into the same problem. The fix he mentioned if for older GMC vehicles.EDIT-( which you already know, as you mentioned you saw the video lol. it would de me well to read the full post before replying.)

Last edited:
What did you go with? Im looking to possibly do the same, but would like a nice one. Ive seen lots out there...just want to get the right one.

I installed a Pioneer Head unit....Actually, the factory radio was already gone when I purchased the car. The PO had removed it and installed a Pioneer App Radio, I was not thrilled with it at all, so I had a different Jensen head. Later, I had a Nice Pioneer unit installed in my pickup, which featured Apple CarPlay and when I traded it in, the dealership I traded at wanted the original radio, so I supplied them with the original and they swapped them out and gave me the Pioneer back, which I then had installed in the Corvette so I could utilize Apple CarPlay (which I love BTW).

Update: Disappearing GPS Clocks Problem Fixed by GM and Denso

Update: Denso, with the blessing of GM has affected a fix for the disappearing GPS clocks for C6's and many other vehicles. Word is out that the app fix will be available to download for free to be loaded on your CD on 11/11/19. Many dealers are getting the download now and are beginning to install the fix. Don't know if they charge, but I'll bet they do. Wait for the free download!! Also, caution that there will be low lifes on eBay trying to sell you a CD fix, when you can get it for FREE! Watch for instructions on how to get the free fix app on this and many other sites with denso GPS head units. One site I go to every day for status of the fix is: "C6 from 2005-2010 navigation radio clock stops after battery disconnect - Page 72 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

This site has thousands of posts about the subject but the link above will take you to the latest posts (last page) so you can educate yourself and smile like hell on Veterans Day, 11/11.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom