Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Paint Progress Pics 71 Convertible

Hopefully they told you not to use any soap on the car for the next 90 days and to not cover the car. If you must use a cover, make it the lightest, most breathable cover you can get.
Also, be sure to check the springy hood bumpers at the corners closest to the windshield. If they are sitting rather tight on the hood, it'll leave a permanent impression in the paint while it's curing. Ask me how I know... ;squint:

Evolution,

Can you explain the "springy hood bumpers" a little bit more? I'm not sure I understand.

Yes I did not use soap. Just a wet buff. Needed to get the dust off the paint before I covered her. Yes, I'd prefer not to cover her but with people looking at the house I don't want anyone tempted to touch the car. I amazes me how many people reach out to touch it even after you tell them not to. I'm using a wolf cover. It seems very light and is supposed to breathe well.

Everyone wants to touch a vintage vette. They're just so sexy!
zachh

Evolution,

Can you explain the "springy hood bumpers" a little bit more? I'm not sure I understand.
IF you have them...I don't know if your year has 'em.

Near the corners of the hood, closest to windshield, and near the latches, are little bumpers mounted on springs. When the hood is closed, those can exert enough force on the fresh (underside) paint to cause a permanent impression. This is also assuming the underside of your hood was painted.

IF you have them...I don't know if your year has 'em.

Near the corners of the hood, closest to windshield, and near the latches, are little bumpers mounted on springs. When the hood is closed, those can exert enough force on the fresh (underside) paint to cause a permanent impression. This is also assuming the underside of your hood was painted.

Gotcha. Thanks for the explanation.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom