Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dealer dropped my C5 off lift -- need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
theblackvette said:
How can you argue with a man who is armed????????? :D

but not that dangerous! :L

theblackvette said:
There is no debate! The Z06 will make the wife happy. It will make you happy too. The vert is nice!!!!! Hell, I was about to purchase one. I didn't even know what a Z06 was when I went to the dealership. I test drove the Z06 and then drove it off the lot.

When I take it to the cruise in and drive it around I get looks from all the vert drivers and a lot of them ask me, how much more power do I have and is there any difference between their car and mine? I politely nod and say, "Yes, there is a difference!" :D
Your daggum right there's a difference. You're top doesn't come off. If we had a race to see who could get their top off quicker I would win.
The big deal for me has always been the removable top. It's almost a convertible without the noise. Been used to having it like that for since 1980.
Z06 has always been very tempting.

Richard.

The vette owners who asked me were referring to performance, power, and speed, not the fact that their tops can come down.

The power of the Z06 made the convertible insignificant to me. I wanted the speedster!!!!!!!

C5Richard said:
Your daggum right there's a difference. You're top doesn't come off. If we had a race to see who could get their top off quicker I would win.
The big deal for me has always been the removable top. It's almost a convertible without the noise. Been used to having it like that for since 1980.
Z06 has always been very tempting.

Richard.

theblackvette said:
I wanted the speedster!!!!!!!
Have I got a ride for you. ;)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sitting in your garage in a standing model vette while you turn on a projector from a projection booth which puts a movie on the wall of moving scenery isn't my idea for a ride!!!!!

The audio may good with the large speakers you may have mounted in the standing model vette. However, it just doesn't cut it!!!!!!!!!!

What is your price of admission these days? Two dollars for 5 minutes??????

Who do you have shaking the vette up and down during the movie?????

:L ;LOL :L :L :D
67HEAVEN said:
Have I got a ride for you. ;)

theblackvette said:
Sitting in your garage in a standing model vette while you turn on a projector from a projection booth which puts a movie on the wall of moving scenery isn't my idea for a ride!!!!!

The audio may good with the large speakers you may have mounted in the standing model vette. However, it just doesn't cut it!!!!!!!!!!

What is your price of admission these days? Two dollars for 5 minutes??????
smiley-rotfl.gif

Man, you're just too easy.

theblackvette said:
The power of the Z06 made the convertible insignificant to me. I wanted the speedster!!!!!!!
Likewise the fact the top doesn't come off does the same for me. I would have become obsessed with how to get the top off.

Richard.

You always have the option of customizing the Z06 into a vert. Some places near me do that sort of work.

C5Richard said:
Likewise the fact the top doesn't come off does the same for me. I would have become obsessed with how to get the top off.

Richard.

Dropped on their head

Although I work in a legal department of a recreational vehicle manufacture, I am not an attorney and I'm not giving legal advice, but in my opinion; One, the car is no longer under any warranty, therefore there will be no connection to GM for the incident, as they were not acting as GM's agent. If the dealership is independently owned as I suspect it is, you should do as others suggested and retain an attorney and try to have your attorney pressure a settlement that you can live with.

Much easier to modify a coupe or convertible to the performance (or beyond) of a Z06! :)

I can't argue with that, but it would not be a "Z06" per se.

1g1yy said:
Much easier to modify a coupe or convertible to the performance (or beyond) of a Z06! :)

1g1yy said:
Exactly. I did have my eye on a Z06 and looked into what it would cost to mod it. It would have only been a removable hardtop that would basically hang in the garage if I took it off with no soft top option. And just that would have been about 4k+. And 4k is plenty to upgrade the model I really liked in the first place without all the roof limitations.

Richard.

Contact General Motors and talk to the Western Regional Division Marketing Manager, who for California would be:

Jay Flaherty, Director Western Region
Phone: 805-373-9770
email: jay.flaherty@gm.com

If he can't help you, he would at least know who within the VSSM organization could assist.

Good Luck,

theblackvette said:
I can't argue with that, but it would not be a "Z06" per se.
Yes, and it would be nice to have the "factory" high performance model! But I like the aerodynamics and looks of the coupe better, the sport seats, Mag red paint, plus the top comes off! I guess we each have our priorities and reasons for ending up with the Corvette we own.:)

I guess some folks haven't noticed that this thread has come to a conclusion. :confused

Dave, buy the Vette you want… I am an avid flop-top hater, if I want a topless ride it is on one of the bikes, so I will keep my mouth closed on that subject but remember, if you go for the Z06 do not get mad when one of us old timers suck your doors off:D … just after leaving TVB in the dust.;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

Children's admission?????

Do you have a child's admission fee for your vette ride theater????????

Buy one get one free passes??????

:L

67HEAVEN said:
Amen brother. :D

That should read one free Pi$$.;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

More than one person has wet their seat when Thunder roars.;)

450+++FtLbs of torque that starts way down low around 2200RPMs and

somewhere over 425 HP at 4000RPM makes for a quick passage…but compared to 67 and Ken my toy is just child’s play. Darn do I miss the ´60´s.:w

Just wondering???????

Just wondering Spanishvetts-Are you familiar with the GM production vehicle, the Z06, and its specifications??????? :L

SPANISHVETTS said:

That should read one free Pi$$.;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

More than one person has wet their seat when Thunder roars.;)

450+++FtLbs of torque that starts way down low around 2200RPMs and

somewhere over 425 HP at 4000RPM makes for a quick passage…but compared to 67 and Ken my toy is just child’s play. Darn do I miss the ´60´s.:w

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom