Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Feedback on TPI Parts chips

Jayman

http://tpiparts.net/inc/sdetail/1495

VATS Enable/Disable
EGR Enable/Disable
AIR (smog pump) Enable/Disable
Injector Size Specify Size
Fan On/Off Temps Specify Desired Temperatures
Speed Limiter Specify Desired Speed
RPM Limiter Specify Desired RPM
Cold Start Injector Enable/Disable

Hello everyone - can anyone provide feedback on these units. I'm considering picking one up simply because they're affordable and my biggest need is to have the fans come on sooner, not so much for power gains (although it would be nice too).
Just wondering if anyone has used these, how they feel about them and what changes would you recommend on a stock engine? I will probably install a 180* thermostat as far as 'mods' go. Feedback is appreciated here.
Thanks all!

I have just looked over the azzato site and had already checked out the highly recommended PCM for less.
I guess for my needs though (a stock engine), do I need to spend the money for one of these chips, or the $65 for the TPI parts chip when I'm reaaly looking for fan temps lowered? Again I appreciate feedback and the pros and cons of going either way. Anyone know what the azzato chips are going for?
Thanks

store bought chips are junk.

i'm not sure if these guys are on here but they do some damn good chips.

http://www.azzatochips.com/

or

http://www.pcmforless.com/

Can't go wrong with these guys burning your chips.

:upthumbs
Listen to Mic. Anything less than a custom chip burnt for you setup is a total waste of $$$. It took the best tuner on this side of the pond 3 tries to get Thunder's chip right. Be sure whoever burns it for you will re-burn it.

If you do a lot of WOT time then correcting for the lean fuel problems is a must. 28# injectors with a wide pulse does the trick on my 383.

If it is only the fans you are worried about pop in a 170º thermo and keep the AC turned on.

It is real easy to hook a switch to the fan relays so you can maually turn them on.

Glenn
:w

store bought chips are junk.

I agree-

I had Scott Hansen burn a chip for me. We went back and forth through email for a while with specs and data. I couldn't be happier with it. Scott will burn and re-burn the chip for you. He'll even work with you for data loging based tuning too- if that is what you need.

scottncherylhansen@sbcglobal.net

I have a chip from him tuned to my L82 with 24lb injectors, SLP runners, and some mild porting.

I have just looked over the azzato site and had already checked out the highly recommended PCM for less.
I guess for my needs though (a stock engine), do I need to spend the money for one of these chips, or the $65 for the TPI parts chip when I'm reaaly looking for fan temps lowered? Again I appreciate feedback and the pros and cons of going either way. Anyone know what the azzato chips are going for?
Thanks

you get what you pay for man.

personally to me it would be worth the money to know that someone is going to do it right and not just give you a run of the mill tune

if one of those guys i listed burns it for you not only will your fans come on early but you'll pick up about 20 rwhp or so :D

Okay, I think the feedback I'm getting has a lot more to do with 'tune' rather than what I thought I wanted. I guess I didn't realize that a stock engine would benefit from a 'tune'. Truth is I'm not 100% sure what a 'tune' is, but it sounds like the experience on the board definitely is leaning that way.
I am also considering getting headers - it seems then that I should wait until they're installed before getting the chip burned, is this true? More power as long as drivability is still there is never a bad thing.
Appreciate all the feedback guys - more is welcome!
Jayman

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom