Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

[For Sale] 1990 Callaway ZR-1

Enough is enough

Lou,

It time to close this thread. Everyone agrees that "we all cannot agree". Name calling is not a part of what we do here.

No one is taking sides as you accuse Dave of on your last thread. What you feel is your business. Because you choose to buy or sell a car through a particular dealer is your business. Just remember three or four or five dealers do not set values. Yes, they do contribute to the market in the long run.

Everyone here is entitled to an opinion. Stop crying or whinning because a few members do not see it your way.

As to whether I can find cars like yours or better and can buy them at a lower price is my business. Personally, the number of above average Callaway from each year are still out there. Some maybe better than yours and some maybe worse. Having the market contacts that I developed over the years has afforded me better opportunities. Can I buy them less, maybe, if I am willing to patient than my chances are good. There are no such things as "sure things".

If you are going to sell your car then sell it! When you find a buyer and what you settle on ( and I hope is big money) than you pass back to all of us how you did. We will all be interested. We all wish you the best. Why do you still want to argue here. We are all on the same side!

Lets make this the last entry and everyone remember we are on the same side.

Stan

You're right!

Dave! and your A** seems to fit very nicely in that 85 4+3 :L
and as for You Stan you sound like a little Girl who's shovel was taken away from Her in the sandbox if you are complaining about what I said in a thoughtful way as crying or whinning.:cry

Ok everyone.....let's bring this thread back into focus and put the steak knives down. I don't mind arguing, but lets all respect one another's opinions and interact in a civil manner. Thanks.

Lou... Should have quit while you were ahead...

:L :J :L :J :L :J :L

The only thing I don't agree with is Rogers... I hate that place.... Yes, they sell cars, but they don't sell many.... I regularly check their inventory for kicks, and to see their pricing.... one car that comes to mind is a lingenfelter convertible w/hard top and a full callaway body... I know they had that car for at least a year.... They won't buy or sell a car unless they can make big bucks on it... Lou talks about his ZR1... they made 3 grand on it, and I am sure they knew that they could... Go try to trade your car into Rogers Corvette and they want to give you wholesale for your car, plus they want you to pay full retail for theirs... This is the same dealer that I have had terrible experiences with.... this is also the typical Corvette dealer... no matter what they have it is worth a fortune, no matter what you have, it is worthless.... they will tell you they can buy up cars just like the one you own all day long for pennies on the dollar, but you know what? if they really could, they would, and sell them all day long for less than retail and make a fortune... just about all the Corvette dealers I have visited are full of BS

I agree BUT

Here is a point I guess I failed to make about buying Classic Corvettes or selling them for that matter.If a guy wants to put in the effort to read the advertised ads, kick the tires and put the time into locating and negotiating a low price on a pristine classic, and is willing to take the risk that he may be buying a disguised bomb, then He DESERVES to get the car at a lower price for his efforts.
However there are guys like me who like to shop under one roof with a dealership that I trust and have done business with and I am willing to pay MORE so they can make the big profit they are entitled to for obtaing the car and all the leg work that goes with that end of it.Plus I get the warrantee and service to go along with it.I also know that if they made an honest mistake and we discover the car is not what it was supposed to be then they will take it back,because I have that kind of relationship with the dealers I buy from.
Having said that, then I think we call all agree that the price of these cars can vary according to what is more important to the buyer:hard work and good homework for a lower price potential or easy shopping under one roof from someone you hopefully trust, with the downside you'll have to pay more. Having some good luck never hurt any either in obtaining a car for the right price at the right time either.
Happy motoring :w

Lou , what I said is an old old saying in the car business......There is a an a** for every seat . Meaning, someone will buy every car for what ever reason. And also i bought mine for a real market price from a Corvette Specialty and Exotics dealer.;)

no problem buddy

It's the other one I can't wait to meet here in New York

Ok....last time, I'm going to ask everyone to "back-off" please. Take a deep breath, step awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy from the computer and calm down.

Please do not make threats here - that goes for everyone.

I've had my share. These forums exist for the exchange of information and ideas. I only ask that all members respect one another's opinons and each other regardless of whether or not you agree with the other person and where they're coming from.

It's also important to know when to bury the hatchet and walk away with the agreement to agree not to agree on a particular subject without threatening and insulting one another.

It's amazing how a simple thread to advertise a car for sale, seems to lose the intended meaning and turn into a online brawl:r

Re: It's a very nice car in a very bad market...

90Callaway said:
I guess I'm somewhere between where Lou and Stan are coming from. Cars of this caliber are not going to sell for wholesale ZR1 prices. I've seen this car in person and talked to the owner. It is a really nice clean car. He's had it appraised for $80K and probably has well over $50K into it. I know he said he would take about $50K... I'm sure the reserve is close to that. It is highly unlikely the bidding will exceed $30K unfortunately. The person that is willing to pay $20K over what the market will bear is few and far between. I think he could probably find a buyer in the ~$35-$40K range if he markets it well.

You can find very nice stock early ZR1s in the very high teens to low 20's. That's a fact and you can find them all day long. Many are not selling at those prices and have been on the market for months... that's unfortunate.

I agree with the first paragraph about Mike's 90 Callaway. That car is probably worth $40K on the market today. $50K is too high,IMO. He mentions it as being "1 of 5 built". Not sure I comprehend that statement as Callaway built approximately 20 Aerobody ZR-1's. Maybe they converted five 90's?? Stan??
As for very nice early model ZR-1's going for high teens all day long,,sorry,I just haven't seen that where I come from. Usually cars that are going for that low,are very high-mileage ZR-1's or #3 cars.
Clint Hooper
LT5 Registry

This is direct from Callaway on how many SuperNatural cars were built each year, they do not say how many ZR1's but according to these figures 5 for that year seems right

Our records show
'90-13
'91-13
'92-27
'93-20
'94-24
'95-8
'96-12
'00-1
'01-1

Numbers??

Thanks Ron for that post on the supernaturals. Clint, I honesty do not know how many Aerobody ZR1 were made. There is an owner in California that claims he was told by Reeve that they did a total of 20 for all ZR1 production years. Another owner mentioned that he was told 13 were done all years. Who really knows.

The numbers that Ron has posted seem to be accurate and I have no doubts Reeve would not pass on accurate info. I really would like to know about ZR1 Supernaturals with and without the aerobody package was done.

Ron, would you mind following up with that question. It would be appreciated by all.

Clint, did you sell that Callaway hood?

Take care all...............

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom