Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GM - Here is what we think of the License Plate Mount

Here is what we think of the C6 LP mount:

• It is hideous and can not be allowed to be placed into production

Votes: 311 62.2%
  • I like it. It blends with the aerodynamic flow of the C6

Votes: 16 3.2%
  • Who at GM was drunk when he approved this thing?

Votes: 166 33.2%
  • I love Vipers and / or Mustangs so I hope this LP mount makes it into production

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The real problem is Yankee states that use two plates so that Vinnie's brother can have a job.

Just do away with front plates. Problem solved!

:upthumbs That sounds good to me!!!!!

I cant believe they spent years and lots of money to come up with an outstanding design only to throw it all down the toilet with a crappy $5.00 part that they will charge $80 for. Looks like a used C5 in my future unless they fix this.

Oh, and I love Mustangs more than Corvettes but I'd be just as ****ed as the rest of you if this was actually made.

Rocketblock, This Yankee doesn't run his front plate and watch what you say about Vinnie or you might find yourself lying next to Hoffa.:D

UPDATE:
Voting Update day 12:
668 "must not go into production" 98.2%
12 "like the design" 1.8%

14,491 views (includes this thread but not several other related threads)

... CorvetteForum locked the poll Sunday Night-day 6, so the daily increases since then come from the two other forums.

Mr. Hill, please don't risk being remembered for the nose wart on the C6. All the goodness of the new Z06 will be overshaddowed by this horrible front plate mount.

UPDATE:
Voting Update day 13:

721 "must not go into production" 98%
15 "like the design" 2%

15,443 views (includes this thread but not several other related threads)

... CorvetteForum locked the poll Sunday Night-day 6. Daily increases from day7 to day 12 came from the two other forums. CF moderators allowed a new poll with no pics or comments beginning on day 13.

Mr. Hill, please don't turn our beautiful C6 into autodom's answer to Cyrano de Bergerac.

I can't believe it, someone must be pulling the wool over our eyes. I live in Vancouver where front plates are mandatory but I would take my chances. I don't have one on my 2003 50th but the federales are usually pretty lenient around here. Still, I am amazed that GM would even THINK of doing that. YIKES!!!

air brakes

Dave Hill called pop-up headlights air brakes. Well, the front license bracket
is a 24 hr/day air brake.

UPDATE:
Voting Update day 14:
770 "must not go into production" 98%
16 "like the design" 2%

16,295 views (includes this thread but not several other related threads)

... CorvetteForum locked the poll Sunday Night-day 6. Daily increases from day7 to day 12 came from the two other forums. CF moderators allowed a new poll with no pics or comments, beginning on day 13 voting resumed - as did the baiting posts from the GM-file trying to get the front mount threads locked again.

GM (knock, knock) anyone home? Are you working on a correction to your error?

UPDATE:
Voting Update day 15:
795 "must not go into production" 98%
16 "like the design" 2%
16,968 views (includes this thread but not several other related threads)

... CorvetteForum locked the poll Sunday Night-day 6. Daily increases from day7 to day 12 came from the two other forums. CF moderators allowed a new poll with no pics or comments, beginning on day 13 voting resumed - as did the baiting posts from the GM-file trying to get the front mount threads locked again.

GM, your customers still want to know if you are you working on a correction to your error.

This license plate mount is actually an insult to our intelligence. I literally would not purchase the vehicle in that condition. A large dent on the side of the door would stick out as much as this afterthought. I think GM will address this. It is too much of an eyesore.

HAHAHA !

Big joke. GM will NOT change this. What you see, is what you'll all get.

I'm not concerned. I'm not buying a C6!! In later years they will fix the plate issue as well..... but NOT the first year, as you know.

Bill.

Let's all protest. Don't buy a C6.:L

Isn't this like the "fly in the soup" ?

smook said:
HAHAHA !

Big joke. GM will NOT change this. What you see, is what you'll all get.

I'm not concerned. I'm not buying a C6!! In later years they will fix the plate issue as well..... but NOT the first year, as you know.

Bill.

Let's all protest. Don't buy a C6.:L

Yeah, then they'll make millions of dollars by selling bumpers that don't have the front bracket. :(

I have always been a big proponent of GM, but it's looking more and more to me like they are going to ignore us. There are two or three GM engineers who were involved in the development of this atrocity (LP mount) and they are spending all day on another site ridiculing anyone who posts a negative word on the mount. I pointed out that with their resources, if they spent the time working on a new mount that they spend on the forum defending an indefensible mount, we would have a new mount by now.

I'm afraid we will need to look to the after market for a solution. I can not express the level of my disappointment in GM.

Makes you wonder why GM didn't show this "finished" version at the Detroit unveiling. They would have been laughed off of the stage.

Why don't they just show us the true, final, finished design with the new turd-shaped hood ornament??????

In the world of design, this is what is termed as an afterthought.

During all this gnashing of teeth, has anyone checked to see if the front license plate holder can(or will) be removed in states which do not require it?

LongTimer said:
I have always been a big proponent of GM, but it's looking more and more to me like they are going to ignore us. There are two or three GM engineers who were involved in the development of this atrocity (LP mount) and they are spending all day on another site ridiculing anyone who posts a negative word on the mount. I pointed out that with their resources, if they spent the time working on a new mount that they spend on the forum defending an indefensible mount, we would have a new mount by now.

I'm afraid we will need to look to the after market for a solution. I can not express the level of my disappointment in GM.
What site? I will go over there and :argue :SLAP :grinshot :bash :blow :Buttslap

plate framer

It looks worse then the c4/c5.I really liked the car until I saw the lisense plate frame... golfy

Obviously, the car was completely done, and then someone said: But, where do we put the front license plate?
This location is so preposterous, I feel like there is a punchline coming: Just kidding folks, the REAL location is here!
All in all I like the styling of the C6. I live in Illinois and would not consider buying one just for this reason.
BTW, I do not run a front license plate on my C4, but don't tell anyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom