Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GM - Here is what we think of the License Plate Mount

Here is what we think of the C6 LP mount:

• It is hideous and can not be allowed to be placed into production

Votes: 311 62.2%
  • I like it. It blends with the aerodynamic flow of the C6

Votes: 16 3.2%
  • Who at GM was drunk when he approved this thing?

Votes: 166 33.2%
  • I love Vipers and / or Mustangs so I hope this LP mount makes it into production

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can live without pop up lights,... maybe. But the rest of the C6 front looks Camero or Viper to me. The rear styling is improved over the C5 with the exception of the gray spoiler thingy. But ya gotta luv the new c6 engines!

Was the "surprise" of the debut of the new Vette worth more than what the designers would have learned from devotees had they given us a chance to comment before production?

UB2 SLOW said:
;LOL I think that one is more aerodynamic. I might be posting that all over the place.
:L ...I didn't originate it...just picked it up from someone...it was too funny to not pass on...:beer

[QUOTE='04 Torch Red]In light of all of the complaints that have been voiced, GM engineers have come up with an alternative look...
c6plate.jpg

:D[/QUOTE]This should keep the front end from floating at high speeds...

... and it makes the C6's LS2 feel like a big block!

vettepilot

vettepilot said:
This should keep the front end from floating at high speeds...

... and it makes the C6's LS2 feel like a big block!

vettepilot

:L :L :L

The latest issue of Covette Quarterly has two pages showing that plate holder in development stages. It really does take away from the design.

They must be getting desperate for us to accept it if they have 2 full pages on that piece of S#$%

Developement Stage

It wasn't two pages of pix, it was just two pix of C6's as they were during the final design stages. So they must have put some thought into what that piece of sh*# looks like. Also, a buddie of mine went to Carlisle and noted from a GM guy that there are 3 holes to be drilled thru the top of the hood to get the thing on the car. The GM guy was apologetic and added that they (GM) are working on a fix.

marjoc6 said:
It wasn't two pages of pix, it was just two pix of C6's as they were during the final design stages. So they must have put some thought into what that piece of sh*# looks like. Also, a buddie of mine went to Carlisle and noted from a GM guy that there are 3 holes to be drilled thru the top of the hood to get the thing on the car. The GM guy was apologetic and added that they (GM) are working on a fix.
I read (and saw photos) that the plate mount has self adhesive pads (same adhesive as the body side moldings) that stick to the back side of the plate holder, and the place on the front where it is positioned. The only screws used are for mounting the license plate to the holder.

I think they should redesign the front inlet. That [C6] huge air inlet has plenty of room to place a holder in the center, plus I think it would wipe that stupid grin off the front. Look at the Ferrarri 360 front end, plenty of air intake area, but has room for a plate without making an add-on. Come on Chevy, think out of the box once in a while, get a little swoopy in the design dept.

vettepilot

Look at the front of the C5. Use that as a starting point. Put some ducts that direct the air around the back of the plate holder, like on the Z06 brake ducts.

Is adhesive any better than holes? At least with my C5 I can cover up / hide the plate at will. This is really crock of pooh

Final Answer

Benson Chevrolet had 2 C6's on their showroom floor and our club got a special invite to check them out yesterday. Enclosed is a picture of the front plate mount delivered with the car (loose in the trunk). The 3 depressions that we originally thought were screw mounting holes are only molding recesses that serve as locations for the double stick tape that is on the back side of the plate holder. The tape adheres the plate holder to the nose of the car. This plate holder looks much shallower (is that a word?) than the earlier pictures on the forum. It also has a side profile cut-out that follows the shape of the nose that serves to bring the plate holder closer in to the body.

Do I like it? No. But then I don't like the license plate mount on my C5 either. I will continue to run without and take my chances.

wow. and the one in your pic is not even painted to match the body color.:(

Mental Morons!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to agree that there is no place up front that a plate would look good but this is plain ugly.

There is no decision now, l will trade up to a C5 instead of a C6 until they get their act together and save at least $15,000.

In my police state of New Jersey where a front plate is required most dealers show the C6 without the front plate from a picture in the showrooms. Let me tell you if l bought a new C6 and it came rolling out with the the ugly front plate bumper, l would probably pass on it and wait until a fix is made.

This is a bait and switch tactic.

Alan

Hello, hotrod john. Looks a little better than the first postings. Too bad it's not color matched. Still is a crock. Hope good old USA knowhow and style will save the day.

Holy S**t

That has got to be the biggest peice of crap GM came up with!!!!! I'm in the same boat as Drags1998, except I live in New Jersey. I was considering a C6, but never gave the front plate a thought until I saw this post. Man, what an eye opener.....or closer, depending on how you want to look at it. Well, thanks to the photo of the s#^tty looking thing, I'm defiently going to be searching for a good clean C5 now!!!!

Both of the C6's I looked at in Springfielf, Mo last week had them installed... and contrary to the above picture, they do not come from the factory in body color.They are cheap black plastic. According to the dealer, this is "usually" a dealer installed option (all cars are delivered with them, uninstalled though). However, they said lately that all the cars are coming off of the trucks with them already installed. Horrendous!! Should have stayed with the C4/C5 CORVETTE plate insert instead.

Front Plate

Installed ???? You have got to be kidding.

License plate bracket

Pay the ticket if you get one, but don't put that on the front of the car. Yuck.

BigMike5 said:
Pay the ticket if you get one, but don't put that on the front of the car. Yuck.
:L :upthumbs ...I cannot believe they messed up with the tag location...I bet anything there will be a change on the front end to make the license plate bracket look nice on the 2006.....:)...and all 2005 owners will be able to retrofit the new bumper/cover..for a hefty sum and thats what GM had planned all along...watch....:L :beer

My dealer in Va. got a C6 in today. Plate bracket was not attached. Let's hope none are attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom