Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GM - Here is what we think of the License Plate Mount

Here is what we think of the C6 LP mount:

• It is hideous and can not be allowed to be placed into production

Votes: 311 62.2%
  • I like it. It blends with the aerodynamic flow of the C6

Votes: 16 3.2%
  • Who at GM was drunk when he approved this thing?

Votes: 166 33.2%
  • I love Vipers and / or Mustangs so I hope this LP mount makes it into production

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
GM-The C6 is just too awesome to mess up this way

Well, after all the extraordinary improvements that went into the fantastic C6 this "add on" afterthought seems to be totally out of character. It spoils the entire look of the front of the car. The lower position mounting seems MUCH better. GM should reward the developer of this solution by purchasing the design and using it on the C6!

This situation reminds me of years ago when I ALMOST bought a C5. It took ONE look at the rear end of the car for me to decide I did not want it. Like this plate holder the C5 rear is ugly and seemed to me to be an afterthought added on to an otherwise very well conceived car. Like, oops...we ran out of time and have to finish this quickly.... ( of course, then I found out about the ridiculous sideways mufflers and other shortcomings and decided to wait for the next vette generation )

This "solution" moves me to wait a bit longer until GM sits down and arrives at a decent and well thought out way to mount the front plate.

GM...I love you for the C6 but PLEASE fix this monstrosity!!!!!!!!

It could be a bit lower.
I have seen cars here placing the front LP behind the windshield up by the visor or somewhere. NOt sure it is legit but seem like it should be

come on eagle.. don't hold back...tell us how you really feel. :L

eagle21455 said:
I like it,it matches the car-they both look like CRAP!!!

"Ducky" 2004 millenium yellow coupe
:L :L :L

What we expect better out of GM?

In all the years they have never made a last minute decision that was a good one!

OK, I give up!!! Is there a picture posted 'anywhere' that shows the C6 license plate bracket already mounted with tag????? :confused Or even without tag! (have already seen the cinder block photo) I take it everyone's ashamed of this lack of planning, but am curious as to what it looks like without someone just holding it in place.

Gordon :w

marjoc6 said:
Plate bracket was not attached. Let's hope none are attached.
Saw three delivered; none with the screw-on bracket in place. One new buyer said he'd wait for a fix-it ticket; then temporarily mount it with double-sided tape, to clear the ticket.

Former C-6 owner. :w

LongTimer said:
I think most of us believe that GM pays attention to these forums. In my opinion the changes / improvements in the C6 demonstrates an attempt to satisfy some of our feedback / criticisms. Most of you regulars know I have been a big proponent of the C6. However, the new License Plate Mount - as seen here - demonstrates, IMO, a lack of planning and taste. Please vote to let GM know what you think:

Sat_12.jpg
This may not be a great idea, but . . . Has anyone thought about reproducing a license plate in vinyl and attaching it to the front like they did in Europe with the E-type Jaguars? Is it legal here? Would it work? Maybe we could start a new trend. Or maybe it's a lame idea. What do you think?

I looked into having the Optional Lower License plate bracket that I make done in vinyl. The tooling alone would cost $25,000.00!! I was not going out on that limb.

zach lawrence said:
This may not be a great idea, but . . . Has anyone thought about reproducing a license plate in vinyl and attaching it to the front like they did in Europe with the E-type Jaguars? Is it legal here? Would it work? Maybe we could start a new trend. Or maybe it's a lame idea. What do you think?

GM's plate mount sucks ! I like Shopman's design . :ugh

Holiday wish list for the 2006 vette.....

so it's time to start a wish list of changes for the '06 vette....does anyone know GM's timeline for making changes? Will the '06 be the same as the'05? maybe the front plate frame should be on the top of the list?

It's so ugly that it reminds me of the ugly baby joke..."the mother gets slapped when giving birth to such ugly baby."...;LOL

GerryLP:cool

Front plate why ??

Why do we need a front plate anyways, thank God I live in Pa.

I'm waiting for my first ticket. It will be $110CDN.

5185c6it_002.jpg

Next License bracket???

Hey Gm please do not allow the dealers to bolt on that cheap looking front lic bracket before it is del. Give the owner a choice or afix a temporary one until somebody comes up with a better way.

They blew it and they know it!

Now let's see what they do about it.

Believe me they go through this forum on a daily basis for feedback.

Alan

ugly front plate holder

Imachad said:
UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY. Hideous.... :cry

I'm sure glsd Kentucky does not require a front plate! :r

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom