Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GM - Here is what we think of the License Plate Mount

Here is what we think of the C6 LP mount:

• It is hideous and can not be allowed to be placed into production

Votes: 311 62.2%
  • I like it. It blends with the aerodynamic flow of the C6

Votes: 16 3.2%
  • Who at GM was drunk when he approved this thing?

Votes: 166 33.2%
  • I love Vipers and / or Mustangs so I hope this LP mount makes it into production

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine came with the car...I threw it away and keep the license behind the pax seat. It attaches with contact tape.

Plates

Have a friend who lives in Michigan and KEEEEPS Alaska plates!! You figure??

Just learned that the fine for no front plate in my state of Oregon is $500! It's obviously a revenue generating tool. A person would have to be far more well off than me to thumb their nose at this amount of fine. I don't think it's a moving violation but they could cite you several times a day for sport once they found out where you lived. It would add up fast.

just saw a C6 (first time) with the front license plate mount - if that is what I can expect for the new Z06, Corvette has just lost me! Will be looking at a Porsche probably in the fall

Rain said:
Lol! ;lol

Awesome!!! Tunes..................The plate bracket well great as a push bar on a cop car lol!!!!!! noway GM :(

I have a C5 and went out of my way to purchase the KEWL front (and rear) license plate surround trim painted in Lt. Pewter to enhance the look of my NYS plate in the hole created by the removal of the CORVETTE plug. I am the first to admit that I didn't want a front plate on the C5 but at least GM had the foresight to build a logically integrated location for it on that car and, I will admit freely that the plate doesn't look bad once trimmed out with the surround trim. But I will NEVER purchase a C6 unless and until GM redesigns an integrated front mount into the car. It's absolutely horrible looking and laughable to think they'd have you 'screw' the mount into your bumper. Being blinded by past Vette designs and my C5 generation, I still can't believe they killed one of the most distinctive features of the Vette in the first place, the hidden headlights. But when you add this C6 plate horror to that loss of one of the most identifyable Vette design elements, my money stays on used C5's.

someone was obviously having a real bad day when that was approved for production. i am very fortunate that i live in florida (the land of rear only license plates) and don't have to look at that hideous appendage. i doubt there will be many "personality" front plates seen on florida C6's!! ugly doesn't even begin to describe this serious mistake.

Time out...Am I missing something??? I have a 2005 C6 -- The plate holder is not color matched and while the plate screws into the holder, the holder sticks on to the bumper. Yes it hurts the lines of the car, there are NO holes to drill. I am sure if/when I stick it on, I could remove it if NJ changes the law.

I'm in FL so don't have the issue, but feel for those that do. I'd take a hard look at mounting on the lower part of the bumper and let it protrude down as much as possible instead of up. At least the plate would then have a practical purpose--detecting initial impact with the parking lot bumper or curb face before the bumber contacts same. ;-)

Oh, for those C1-C5 folks that stroll through here and put down the styling of the C6, please stay in your own forum. We C6 owners don't come through yours and trash talk your design, or even the fact that we have more horses, torque, and performance features than yours came with. I love my C6 as much as you do your C's, so please put a sock in it.

Thanks,
DSOM 1SB Coupe, Cashmere, Z-51, MN6, XM, Nav, OnStar, Dual Roof, Polished

front license holder

I think it is hidious, HOWEVER, I picked up my C-6 this morning.... GREAT car. Unfotunately, Illinois has two plates. I would rather see all States go to one plate, and save a few cents... even if they charge us the same,,,,,eliminate it.

RD :)

I had a zit on my butt that looked a lot like this LP holder! Hmmmm, I wonder if someone's been peeking!!!

I will not mount my front LP unless I get forced to do it. I think it ruins the entire look of the front of the car.

JMHO

3 words Looks like $hit

GM needs to hire back the crew that designed the C4. They'll figure out how to fix it.

What I think is really sad is this: NOTHING has been done by the illustrious Corvette design team to address this issue.

After thousands of posts saying NO to the hideous nature of this front license plate bracket, no one at Corvette (and I am including the powers that be and you all know who you are!) has responded to us. Worse yet, they have yet to fix the problem

I do not mind if the moderator or the owner of this site removes this post. I understand the position they must find themselves in (between a rock and a hard place).

But, let us call a spade a spade. Let us see if the USA really does guarantee freedom of speech, in a practical sense and not just a dogmatic one.

I hope Corvette Design reads this post and takes this and the thousands posted above it seriously and does something.

Save The Wave! :w

PS I am NOT hiding behind anything, like Chevy is. Anyone can PM me or email me and I promise I will respond. No offense is meant here. After MONTHS of reading this thread I felt I needed to get this off my chest. Those members who know me personally understand why this HAD to be said!

We all agree on this one. They should re-design the thing. The fall back position is the Shopman designed holder. It look pretty good on mine.

plate holder

i bet there are states that have a law stating how high up from the road surface the plate has to be so GM has to follow those laws. car companies in europe have the same problem,check were the front plate goes on those high dollar european sports cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom