Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: How many Z07 owners do we have here?

Ok, door tag say's 02/91

any thoughts on the engine mod. from Lingenfelter ? He is pretty legendary as I seem to be finding out more, and his true passion was rooted on the Corvette. The motor is a real beast, and also a work of beauty, Are any of you familiar with his work ?

Like you said John Lingenfelter is legendary. :thumb

Haven't seen them in any catalogs recently...I don't know.

Hello. I am new to this Corvette Forum.
I own a 1992 Black Z07 optioned LT1 C4 ZF6 speed vin#1G1YY23P0N5117712
I have owned it for 15 years and currently has 145K on the speedometer. It is garaged in Austin, TX and is in very good condition.
It is basically stock. EBC slotted front discs with EBC Red Pads, slotted rear discs with EBC Red Pads, MSD 8381 Optispark, Centerforce clutch w/ dual mass flywheel, Champion 3 row radiator.
Replaced lots of stock parts: alternator, rebuilt the ECM, waterpump, tilt steering pivot, rebuilt the Bose amplifiers and control unit.
1G1YY23P0N5117712
1YY07 Base Model
AQ9 Leather sport seats
BGR Bowling Green Assembly Plant
LT1 Standard engine, 350ci, 300 hp.
ZO7 Handling suspension and brakes
C2L Dual removable roof panels
FE7 Heavy Duty suspension
FX3 Adjustable suspension
GM3 3.45 Rear Axle Ratio/8.5 in. Gear
J55 Heavy Duty brakes
ML9 Manual 6-speed, ZF-transmission
NK4 Sport Leather Steering Wheel
QA1 Wheel, 17 x 9.5, Aluminum
U1F Delco Bose Stereo System w/ CD
CornerShot001.jpg
300hpLT1.jpg

Last edited:
Well, welcome aboard Mix. :w Your 92 looks fantastic for the miles. :thumb My 94 Z07 had almost 130k when I traded it for the 01 coupe, and had plenty of life left in it. Don't be a stranger, just in and contribute what you can.

I have had my eyes open for years for a 92 Black Rose coupe with ZF6 and Z07 option. I am beginning to wonder if they ever made that combination. I have seen a lot of automatics and convertibles but no coupe'd 6 speeds.

A buddy of mine has a 92 Black Rose 6 speed coupe, but not Z07. Black Rose Metallic is a really pretty color.

Is there any way to identify if it's a Z07 through the vin #? My neighbor has his C4 and it has everything that has been mentioned in the posts description on his car but is unable to verify the sway bar size.

About the only way through the VIN, that I'm aware of, is to contact the NCM and with the VIN, purchase a build sheet and window sticker.

What year are we talking? Look under the console lid or on the bottom side of one of the rear lids (in the cargo area) somewhere the codes are listed. IIRC on my 94 they were under the console lid. As long as the VIN matches on the RPO code label, that will give you diffinitive proof whether it has the Z07 option.

Many thanks. I actually have that chip installed and can shift the 6 spd as I please. Much better. Again thanks for the heads up.

Just for grins I thought I'd check in on this site. Nice to see continuing activity. I saw the question on CAGS. The acronym stands for Computer Aided Gear Selection. The CAGS bypass is not a chip but a jumper plug that replaced the CAGS wiring harness connection on the transmission. I ordered the CAGS bypass right after ordering the car. If you ever want to slow down time, order a new car and wait for its delivery :)

Z07 Bumper Emblem / Badge / Logo

I saw a Z07 bumper emblem - who makes them??
imagejpeg
When I got my Z07 in 1992, I purchased a stick-on emblem either from Ecklers or Corvette America with the Chevrolet Bowtie on the left and LT1 on the right. IIRC, they also had a version with 5.7L on the left, the Bowtie in the middle and Z07 on the right, which seemed too cluttered for my tastes. Perhaps Z-07 freak modified that version to eliminate the 5.7L as shown in his photo below. A few years ago there was quite a bit of interest on this forum in having a special run made of a Z07 logo for interested C4 Z07 owners. I'm not sure if that ever materialized.
Fast-forward to 2017, and with the proliferation of 3D printers, I believe that a reproduction of that logo (or any other logo) may now be a reality without incurring excessive production costs. I'm considering creating a Z07 emblem using my original Bowtie/LT1 emblem as a template for designing the Bowtie/Z07 logo.
My initial design of the ABS emblem would have the Chevrolet Bowtie in red and the rest of the logo in white (which is the color combination of the Bowtie/LT1 emblem on my Quasar Blue Z07) requiring hand-painting the emblem background to match the vehicle color.
The emblem would not be limited to these colors, as there are numerous other filament colors available including clear. My dual-extruder 3D printer can print two colors at a time, with any additional colors requiring a manual change of the filaments. This would make a three-color logo possible that may not require painting if there is a close color match of the C4 colors with available filament colors. Any ideas for a totally-different and unique Z07 logo?
Corvette Z07 Logo.jpg

1995 zo7

IMG_0009.JPGThis is a 1995 ZO7 with 33K. Had her since 95 & has been great. RPO lists the ZO7 components. Not sure about the vin.

When I got my Z07 in 1992, I purchased a stick-on emblem either from Ecklers or Corvette America with the Chevrolet Bowtie on the left and LT1 on the right. IIRC, they also had a version with 5.7L on the left, the Bowtie in the middle and Z07 on the right, which seemed too cluttered for my tastes. Perhaps Z-07 freak modified that version to eliminate the 5.7L as shown in his photo below. A few years ago there was quite a bit of interest on this forum in having a special run made of a Z07 logo for interested C4 Z07 owners. I'm not sure if that ever materialized.
Fast-forward to 2017, and with the proliferation of 3D printers, I believe that a reproduction of that logo (or any other logo) may now be a reality without incurring excessive production costs. I'm considering creating a Z07 emblem using my original Bowtie/LT1 emblem as a template for designing the Bowtie/Z07 logo.
My initial design of the ABS emblem would have the Chevrolet Bowtie in red and the rest of the logo in white (which is the color combination of the Bowtie/LT1 emblem on my Quasar Blue Z07) requiring hand-painting the emblem background to match the vehicle color.
The emblem would not be limited to these colors, as there are numerous other filament colors available including clear. My dual-extruder 3D printer can print two colors at a time, with any additional colors requiring a manual change of the filaments. This would make a three-color logo possible that may not require painting if there is a close color match of the C4 colors with available filament colors. Any ideas for a totally-different and unique Z07 logo?
View attachment 24387Ew
You are right, with the advent and availability of 3D printers today someone could pretty easily create something.

Hey, I just joined. I picked up a 92 black Z07 with the ZF 6 speed over the winter. 125k miles of michigan abuse so it needs a good amount of work. The only real disappointment was the FX3 doesn't work. The previous owner replaced with normal shocks, but I do have the originals in a box. Now I keep going back and forth about rebuilding them or buying some standard Bilstein Sports (I can probably guess what you Z07 guys will suggest) I'll post some pictures once its driving.

Z07 Reunion

Maybe an informal Z07 reunion this year at Corvettes at Carlisle? Congregate on the Fun Field?

Maybe an informal Z07 reunion this year at Corvettes at Carlisle? Congregate on the Fun Field?

2018 Corvettes at Carlisle is just around the corner. I'll be on the fun field Friday and Saturday. Any other of you Z07 owners going?

I'm looking at my c4 now. My neighbor's car was a bust and not a Z07. Mine, however has all the equipment (FX3, 6 speed, Dana 44, Z51 package...). The vin matches the service parts ID under the center console. What else do I need to identify this as a Z07?

I'm looking at my c4 now. My neighbor's car was a bust and not a Z07. Mine, however has all the equipment (FX3, 6 speed, Dana 44, Z51 package...). The vin matches the service parts ID under the center console. What else do I need to identify this as a Z07?

Look for "Z07" on the SPI . . .
IMG_0026.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom