Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: How many Z07 owners do we have here?

Another found ZO7

Model Year - 1993
Transmission - M6
VIN - 1G1YY23PXP5109927
Build date - 1/26/93
Exterior color - Black
Interior Color - black
Country - USA
State - AZ

Hello,

Data base still active and well. I have added three or four since taking it over. Will certainly add yours too.

Can you tell me the interior color?

tcxd40
Model Year - 1993
Transmission - M6
VIN - 1G1YY23PXP5109927
Build date - 1/26/93
Exterior color - Black
Interior Color - black
Country - USA
State - AZ

New member - Dragon

Definition of ZO7, Please!

This gear grabbin'granny Just bought her second Vette after 40 years (1st was a 64 Roadster, builder with a 425 HP 427 cu.in.) Awesome power but really bad handleing with all the iron up front. The "new" one is a '93 Coupe. The LT1 is not bad (300HP is more than enough in most sane driving conditions) & the handling is superb by comparison. But here's where I'm thoroughly confused.

I'm the 3rd owner & I have the build sheet & window sticker. Build says "FX3 Selective Ride" and ZO7 Sport Package" & the sticker says "Adjustable Suspension Package." Front shock is ZB and rear shock is Z7. Front stab is O2. Rear stab is NB

However, my center console does NOT have the SRC knob, just the blank filler panel. Is this possible or has somebody messed with the car over the years? Perhaps some early tech problems or cost of the Bilstein shocks prompted the first owner to remove the system. Maybe cost prohibitive to bring her back to original.

Thoughts from you C4 guys????????

Sounds as though someone has been tampering with the system. Maybe decided they could not afford to replace the shocks (or just didn't want to), as they are a high priced item, and removed the switch and related gear.

Sounds as though someone has been tampering with the system. Maybe decided they could not afford to replace the shocks (or just didn't want to), as they are a high priced item, and removed the switch and related gear.

Seems like the most logical solution. I've only had the car a couple of weeks & still assessing the "to do" list. I bought new wx stripping & have to change the oil & coolant. When I'm crawling around underneath, I'll see if I can take inventory on what's there & what isn't. I know I'll need a console switch for the SRC for sure.

Begs the next question: Where am I in the spectrum of ride settings without the system in play? The little that I've driven, she seems a bit rough but I don't have a point of reference with other Vettes, ZO7 or not. I have not been agressive with it, just normal town driving so far.

I can't help you much with your question about 'where you are', but I can tell you that the Z07 had higher rate springs and larger front and rear sway bars which will affect the ride characteristics. Does that mean a rougher ride...probably, but when pushing the car it will absolutely perform beautifully.

Thanks. The suspension seems pretty tight and I'm not at all unhappy with a little roughness. Really, it's not that bad. Hell, I flew helo's for 30 years. Don't get much rougher than that.
The only recent performance car I can compare it too was my 87 Buick Grand National (just sold it). Great straight line but terrible handling by comparison.

Seems like the most logical solution. I've only had the car a couple of weeks & still assessing the "to do" list. I bought new wx stripping & have to change the oil & coolant. When I'm crawling around underneath, I'll see if I can take inventory on what's there & what isn't. I know I'll need a console switch for the SRC for sure.

Begs the next question: Where am I in the spectrum of ride settings without the system in play? The little that I've driven, she seems a bit rough but I don't have a point of reference with other Vettes, ZO7 or not. I have not been agressive with it, just normal town driving so far.

Look in the storage bin behind the drivers seat. The SRC control module is located there. If it's not check to see if the connections are. It shud be against the bulkhead, about the size of a pack of cigarettes. Also possible the bulbs were removed from info center.

Thanks, I'll check that. Nothing in the bin behind the pax seat, except stereo wiring. No doubt you're right on about the bulbs.

I checked the storage bay this morning. There appears to be two units in there. One has a black plastic section whose edge does appear to be the size of a cig. package edge. It is mounted on the car center side of the storage bay. It also has cooling fins that go down along its larger dimension. The other unit is much larger & with the wiring occupies the entire rest of the bay. Does not appear to be any cut wires or empty plugs in there at all. Doesn't this bay house the ABS control module & brake modulator valve?

I believe that is correct, Dragon. ABS is behind the driver seat.

Then the other unit must be the ride control module. I've located the correct style console switch here in Phoenix. Should be able to run by & get it next week. $45 seems fair considering eBay prices are a bit higher + shipping. From there I'll inventory the shocks & associated hdwr. Then maybe troubleshoot the system if all of it is there.

Thanks so much to all of you for sharing your expertise.

ZO7 Patch, Emblem and or T Shirt

I believe that is correct, Dragon. ABS is behind the driver seat.

I noticed in an earlier thread, you had suggested a nice T Shirt Design. I also have one that could be used either alone or in conjuction with your's. It could also be embroidered as a patch or made into an emblem. Do you think we would have many intersted parties. I'll get some estimates for a patch or ...?

I created it with "Paint" & Power Point but I can't upload it.:mad

I never got much response...I guess I gave up on the idea.

ZO7 Emblem

That's a shame. I guess I'll try scanning the PP slide & try to convert it to a jpeg or gif file. Maybe I can upload it then. Not that there would be any renewed interest, but I'll check & try to find an emroiderer & get one made. If it's not outrageous, I make a couple extra's. You can let me know if you're interested after seeing the design. Basically, its' the C4 logo with a Z on one side & a 7 on the other. If we wanted t shirts we could add "The original" above it & "Corvette" below it. That would imply that the C4 was the original ZO7 optioned car. (Is that true?)

That's a shame. I guess I'll try scanning the PP slide & try to convert it to a jpeg or gif file. Maybe I can upload it then. Not that there would be any renewed interest, but I'll check & try to find an emroiderer & get one made. If it's not outrageous, I make a couple extra's. You can let me know if you're interested after seeing the design. Basically, its' the C4 logo with a Z on one side & a 7 on the other. If we wanted t shirts we could add "The original" above it & "Corvette" below it. That would imply that the C4 was the original ZO7 optioned car. (Is that true?)

I don't recall another model using that designation. There was talk about calling the C6 ZR1 a Z07, but quite frankly I think that calling it a ZR1 was much more fitting.

92 zo7

I have a 92 ZO7
M6
Black Rose Metallic
Black Interior
Clear Top (Blue)
All original
Build sheet and Window Sticker ($40,014.00)
VIN 1G1YY23P1N5110039
3rd Owner
Still in love with it!!!!
:)

I have a 92 ZO7
M6
Black Rose Metallic
Black Interior
Clear Top (Blue)
All original
Build sheet and Window Sticker ($40,014.00)
VIN 1G1YY23P1N5110039
3rd Owner
Still in love with it!!!!
:)

Thanks for the info. with yor permission I will add it to the Z07 data base.

Tcxd40

,ZO7 was also used 1975 If I'm not mistaken, so the C4 were not the first.

,ZO7 was also used 1975 If I'm not mistaken, so the C4 were not the first.
Many RPO codes were reused, such as ZR1, ZR2, LT1, LS3, LS6, LS7 etc. So whats the point, its an RPO code.
But this thread is about ZO7 C4 owners, so lets not discredit someone for having a rare Corvette

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom