Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: How many Z07 owners do we have here?

Many RPO codes were reused, such as ZR1, ZR2, LT1, LS3, LS6, LS7 etc. So whats the point, its an RPO code.
But this thread is about ZO7 C4 owners, so lets not discredit someone for having a rare Corvette

The point is the C4 was not the first to use the Z07 RPO. And yes I own one too.

Rare by numbers but not by dollars. The average Z07 eqpt. car pulls about $1000 over non eqpt. car.

tcxd40

The point is the C4 was not the first to use the Z07 RPO. And yes I own one too.

Rare by numbers but not by dollars. The average Z07 eqpt. car pulls about $1000 over non eqpt. car.

tcxd40
My Ruby isnt even worth much either. Its a shame. I would love to have a ZO7 Ruby. A friend just sold one for 13k, 28 kmiles 93 Ruby Auto ZO7

My Ruby isnt even worth much either. Its a shame. I would love to have a ZO7 Ruby. A friend just sold one for 13k, 28 kmiles 93 Ruby Auto ZO7

Here's what is strange 95% of the Z07s is in the data base for 1993 are 40th Anv. cars..... 335 listed about 10 are not anniversary cars.

tcxd40

Here's what is strange 95% of the Z07s is in the data base for 1993 are 40th Anv. cars..... 335 listed about 10 are not anniversary cars.

tcxd40

I picked up that info from the 40th Anniversary site. That's why there are so many. Not sure what the total percentages are.

Z07

Here's another one for the data base. Just traded my 89 Ruby for a '92 Z07 but haven't even driven it yet/ Too Much Snow!!!

1992 Quasar Blue, 6 speed
Vin: 1G1YY23P4N5103487
Mileage 40,000, 64,000 kms in Canadian
Interior: Black Leather
Build Date: 91/270
all original except Rims which are from American Racing (same as current Mustang GT Powdered Aluminum Spokes
Came with both blue acrylic and painted tops
Original sticker price $48,138 Cdn

Can't wait for spring.

92 zo7

Here's another one for the data base. Just traded my 89 Ruby for a '92 Z07 but haven't even driven it yet/ Too Much Snow!!!

1992 Quasar Blue, 6 speed
Vin: 1G1YY23P4N5103487
Mileage 40,000, 64,000 kms in Canadian
Build Date: 91/270
all original except Rims which are from American Racing (same as current Mustang GT Powdered Aluminum Spokes
Came with both blue acrylic and painted tops
Original sticker price $48,138 Cdn

Can't wait for spring.

Sounds like you landed a really sweet one. Hope you enjoy as much as I do mine. :thumb

94 z07

Found you site last night. Please add mine

94 automatic White with Red Interior
16,000 miles original owner
1G1YY22P2R5119131

sticker price $43,000

Ron

Found you site last night. Please add mine

94 automatic White with Red Interior
16,000 miles original owner
1G1YY22P2R5119131

sticker price $43,000

Ron

Sweet, my 94 was a twin to yours, although a little younger 3381 off the assembly line. And mine had quite a few more miles 120K when I traded it 2 years ago.

Might as well throw mine in the mix...

1995 Torch red black interior coupe
84,000 miles
1G1YY22P8S5101321
raining out now so build date will have to wait
full Corsa exhaust, and for some reason or other, 17x8.5's on the front

OK, after reading/helping JimiJam with his investigative search, and finding out he is also a Z07 owner. I'm just wondering, How many others here at CAC have the Z07 package on their cars?

A little rundown here. The Z07 package is the "Special Performance Handling" option, available on coupes only between 1991 and 1995. It featured special high rate springs, the FX3 adjustable shocks, larger front and rear sway bars (30mm and 24mm respectively), J55 heavy duty brakes (this was an upgrade for 91-94 model years and became standard on all the 95 models), performance axle ratio, sport seats, 9.5 wheels at all four corners and 275/40 tires (again this was only different for the 93-95 model years as those were the standard size for the 91-92 Corvette). I don't have my numbers in front of me right now, but production was less than 1000 in each of those years (IIRC), 883 for the 1994 model year.

Mine is a white/red A4 which I think is kind of rare as most of the Z07's I have run across are 6 speeds. I have heard that after 91 that Z07s were about 1/2 and 1/2 A4 to M6, but the ones I have run across don't support that info. I know that Z07coupe in Lenexa, KS has a 92 A4 (beautiful car, Paul). Supposedly 1991 Z07s were all M6 but that has been proven wrong as there are at least 2 verified Z07 A4 1991 cars. I am just the second owner and have about 118K miles on the clock. (like JimiJam I didn't know that I bought a Z07 until after I got it home (a little quicker than Jimi figured it out though, just a few days later, not a year or more :D)

OK so those of you who have a Z07 check in here. Lets see if we can root out some more of these somewhat rare cars. And give some pertinent info about your car.
bought my '91, 3 yrs back, has the main options you mention, L98, SRC, sport seats, not sure if it is RPO Z07. It is 3 spd w/od.

bought my '91, 3 yrs back, has the main options you mention, L98, SRC, sport seats, not sure if it is RPO Z07. It is 3 spd w/od.

Joe, check your RPO codes...they should be on the glove box door, under the console lid, or maybe on the under side of one of the rear compartment lids. If it is a Z07, that number will be listed.

Wow! all these yrs, didn't realize what the tag was for. under console lid, only. it is 1yy07. close, no cigar. I reckon it does not have the special suspension bars or springs. at 20 years, it is still like new, appearance and performance.
saludos

Wow! all these yrs, didn't realize what the tag was for. under console lid, only. it is 1yy07. close, no cigar. I reckon it does not have the special suspension bars or springs. at 20 years, it is still like new, appearance and performance.
saludos

See we can learn something new every day.;LOL

tcxd40, what is the statis of the registry? Are you keeping up with it? I've had people from other forums where I requested info, contacting me about it, wanting to add to it.

All is well

tcxd40, what is the statis of the registry? Are you keeping up with it? I've had people from other forums where I requested info, contacting me about it, wanting to add to it.

Data base still active, have been ading as I get info. from others. Don't have the spread sheet infront of me, however I have added in tha last few months 7 or 8 more vehicles.

Rich

Thanks for getting back to me...I'll focus those asking questions to this thread......:w

One more...

Data base still active, have been ading as I get info. from others. Don't have the spread sheet infront of me, however I have added in tha last few months 7 or 8 more vehicles.

Rich

Rich,
Please add my ZO7 to your database. I am the original owner of my 1992 ZO7 and located in Reno, Nevada. I ordered the car February 14, 1992 and received it on April 9, 1992.
Longest 8-1/2 weeks of my life :-{)

1992 Quasar Blue
6 speed
Vin: 1G1YY23P1N5111854
Odometer: 44,500
Build Date: 03/92
Mods: CAGS bypass. Factory shocks sent to Bilstein for custom slalom valving.

Also, what ever happened to the custom ZO7 emblems? Were they ever made, and if so, are any still for sale? My ZO7 currently has a white Chevrolet Bowtie-LT1 emblem which I got in 1992 - never did like the look of the 5.7L-ZO7 emblem available then.
Thanks,
Karl

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom