Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Millennium Yellow vs Quicksilver

Millennium Yellow vs. Quicksilver

• Millennium Yellow

Votes: 109 53.4%
  • Quicksilver

Votes: 97 47.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
DRTH VTR said:
I like the Pewter color, myself...
Or Spiral Gray.

The silver does not really do anything for me.
Sorry, Remo

I like navy blue and dark blue, but I don't like electron blue. Sorry DRTH VTR.

Remo:cool

Pseudomind said:
Are they painting it yellow also? See I just had to do it.:D

Damn, that was good! :)

sorbet02 said:
how come no one digs white vettes:hb

Just start a new poll. :D

JJS said:
What kind of hp are you looking at when they get through with it?

Between 430 and 450 - Remo:cool

Well Remo here is something that brighten your day

Top 10 car colors for 2005

Even in some sports cars, if silver isn't first choice, it's probably a not-too-distant second. The color conveys a clean, mechanical image that appeals to consumers and mirrors the technology that dominates modern life.

But on the other hand

But other experts believe silver could be losing its appeal.
"We're actually seeing it stabilizing," says Chris Webb, exterior color and trim designer for GM North America.
"I would say it's starting to decline a bit," adds Cynthia Leighton, product planner for color materials and finishes with Toyota Motor Sales USA Inc. According to the company's recent market research in Los Angeles, "Silver is not the No. 1 choice for future buyers," she says.

Sorry Remo :upthumbs

Remo said:
Folks,

At this point the choice between Millenium Yellow and Quicksilver is very close and the individual reasons we picked those colors are wide ranging. Here's some interesting information about the overall production during the years when "both" colors were available at the same time. We are a consistant bunch, aren't we?

Year MY QS
2001 11% 14%
2002 11% 13%
2003 11% 13%

Here's something I contributed to this thread over a year ago and I thought it might be worth taking another look.

Not Yellow, sorry

My brother and I were in the Corvette museum last week. He is NOT a Corvette lover, so he doesn't have the built in bias a lot of us do, based on cars we had, etc.
His opinion was that M. Yellow says "LOOK AT ME" and he didn't like it. I've never had a yellow Vette and I tend to agree with him--it is an attention-getter, but not the prettiest color. (Neither is my new DSOM Z06). Silver is probably a prettier color, and Monterey Red is the prettiest.
Gersh

His opinion was that M. Yellow says "LOOK AT ME" and he didn't like it.

See that is good, how does the old saw go about, "Opinions?" I have to say this though, at my age I certainly did not get mine for any "LOOK AT ME" reasons, maybe if in my twenties or thirties, but for sure not in my mid-fifties

Then there are probably some with some type of complex who just have to be shouting "LOOK AT ME", maybe they should watch Dr. Phil or Oprah.

So there it is "Opinions" are like, what is the word? I know the saying ends in "everybody has one."

I test drove a few silver ones and for sure I did not much care for silver with silver interior. I also was not too inclined for black or the blue for here in Florida, and being retired US Army I do not care to drive anything green. White was not my cup of tea either, so I guess I was pretty much left with red and yellow. It just so happened I found the yellow with the mod red and liked it.

I say "To each , their own."

Millenium Yellow the winner by far.

The color reminds me of a Ferarri only they call it "Fly Yellow" but a Ferarri should only be "Red"

And if Millenium Yellow is not a good color then why is it the most expensive in the used car market?

Stange but true!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alan

6 Shooter said:
Remo - Here's a little more Millenium Yellow for ya! :D

Remo- DON'T CLICK! The lack of snow on the ground in that pic will only further deepen your Corvette Affective Separation Anxiety. Just remember- the Lingenfelter upgrade is only a few weeks away! You can make it!

-Patrick

White

It reminds me of an innocent virgin.

You mean mine is

NOT SILVER?

OK I guess I got the right color after all ;) :)

What color are the smilies here, even they are the right color?

there were no EB's available, soooooo MY it is

I own a MY and love it.

I must say though over the last few years the Siliver has grown on me.

Is this the

Is this the Blue versus Red forum. It's suppose to be next to the Black versus White forum.

My wife was picking the color of her next Vett and she told the salesmen " i'd rather die in a Yugo than drive a yellow vett" .Hope that doesn't offend anyone.(much).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom