Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Millennium Yellow vs Quicksilver

Millennium Yellow vs. Quicksilver

• Millennium Yellow

Votes: 109 53.4%
  • Quicksilver

Votes: 97 47.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remo

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2001 Quicksilver Lingenfelter Convertible
There's always a lot of discussion on the CAC about Corvette paint colors. Not too long ago MsSchroder started one about millennium yellow and recently Ken posted a thread about industry trends towards silver paint. That got me thinking about these two colors and the people that choose them.

So here's a poll for the millenium yellow and quicksilver folks. Simply record which of the two colors you have and more importantly "why you chose that color".

Remo:cool

Quicksilver

I think silver and black are the classiest colors, but black is harder to keep clean so I went with the silver (my car is outside most of the time). I like yellow also, it's just not for me.

QuickSilver in a heartbeat!

The only C3's I had an interest in when I was looking for a car were the 427's, and LT-1's. When I saw pictures of my car, I thought it was the sweetest looking C3 (LT-1) I had ever seen. The only LT-1's I had ever seen up to that point were green, yellow, Warbonett yellow, and red. I thought the pics of my car were awesome, with the black LT-1 stripes on the Nevada Silver hood.
I've since seen pictures of other Silver LT-1's, but only on this site.

I also like yellow on a vette, but the yellow I like is the butternut color from the '60's (I forget the vette name for it). I think silver is the color of choice for us older guys (I'm 48), and the young guys like this new "French's Mustard" yellow! :L

I didn't get to choose my Corvette color as I came into the 78's life when it was a teenager. However, in retrospect, nearly ALL of the vehicles owned by my mother (when growing up) and by my husband and myself have been shades of silver and gray.

Another interesting difference between the colors of silver and yellow, and this could also apply to various other colors...the differences of people who choose these colors opposite on the color spectrum, I feel resides heavily on the personality of people.
Were I an outgoing, take charge, type-A personality I'd probably choose a 'loud' colored, attention calling color. Since I am quiet by nature, like to be inconspicuous and more reserved I prefer the colors that blend in with the scenery.
But I really like a good orange sportscar (74 Camaro) with racing stripes! ;)
Heidi

78SilvAnniv said:
I didn't get to choose my Corvette color as I came into the 78's life when it was a teenager. However, in retrospect, nearly ALL of the vehicles owned by my mother (when growing up) and by my husband and myself have been shades of silver and gray.

Another interesting difference between the colors of silver and yellow, and this could also apply to various other colors...the differences of people who choose these colors opposite on the color spectrum, I feel resides heavily on the personality of people.
Were I an outgoing, take charge, type-A personality I'd probably choose a 'loud' colored, attention calling color. Since I am quiet by nature, like to be inconspicuous and more reserved I prefer the colors that blend in with the scenery.
But I really like a good orange sportscar (74 Camaro) with racing stripes! ;)
Heidi
So can we assume you voted for Millennium Yellow? ;shrug

I like both colors ... but the MY on any sportscars is such an eyeopener, attracting both car buffs and bugs ...:L

cbc1.jpg

Dan :Steer

Once again, Black is getting the short end of the stick. :L

I'd vote for the silver, as it's in the same family on the color wheel as black. But I may have to start a thread just for the owners of often forgotten black...

-Patrick

Excellent...another great color thread!

Behind the screaming yellow beast that sits chained in my garage, waiting to be unleashed on Fridays and weekends, another mild mannered car waits patiently, dependably, honorably, in the lowly spot out in the driveway, in the rain and cold and frost... the car that my mild-mannered alter ego drives during the week :D

Yes, my daily driver. Mr. Dependable. Mr. Trustworthy. The one I always come back to, day after day.

mazda6.jpg

There are 2 sides to every coin.

Would you call me a cheater if I voted for both? :L

Tammy

I grew up with my dad driving a succession of silver Oldsmobiles. There is just no way I would consider that color on a performance car that is supposed to stand out and be recognized.

My ML430 is silver because it's a Mercedes. My Oldsmobile is white because white isn't silver but my Vette is Yellow because it's a Vette, damnit! :D

:Steer

Quicksilver

My taste in car colors have "always" leaned towards the conservative tones. Don't get me wrong, I love those yellows and reds and they offer that thing called "immediate gratification". But for me, I take the long range approach. I don't want to wake up some morning, walk out into the garage and say "what was I thinking?" I'll go with Quicksilver, it's one of the brighter versions of silver that GM has ever offered. Nice metallic base, easy to keep clean and has an overall classic appeal. Especially to us "way over 50" guys.

"Save the wave"

Old age problem . . .

Remo said:
. . . I don't want to wake up some morning, walk out into the garage and say "what was I thinking?" . . .
Is that what I'm going to do later this year when I turn 50? ;shrug

I don't think so! :L

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

When I was 8 years old it happened to me, fell in love with a 1970 Yellow Stingray. So, you know how I voted. :)

6 Shooter said:
Is that what I'm going to do later this year when I turn 50? ;shrug 6 Shooter

Not you "6" - you're way to cool for that.:w

Remo said:
There's always a lot of discussion on the CAC about Corvette paint colors. Not too long ago MsSchroder started one about millennium yellow and recently Ken posted a thread about industry trends towards silver paint. That got me thinking about these two colors and the people that choose them.

So here's a poll for the millenium yellow and quicksilver folks. Simply record which of the two colors you have and more importantly "why you chose that color".

Silver is nice but YELLOW has life to it...silver puts people to sleep....and anyway everyone knows yellow adds a lot of horespower to a Vette:L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom