Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Millennium Yellow vs Quicksilver

Millennium Yellow vs. Quicksilver

• Millennium Yellow

Votes: 109 53.4%
  • Quicksilver

Votes: 97 47.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I pondered long and hard over what color my first Vette would be. Red-Black-Silver? Yellow was never an option. Maybe if I lived in LA or Miami, but not here in the Midwest. I finally decided on Silver and waited quite a while for one with the options I wanted. I'm glad I held out. Silver is still the new Black, of course, and it not only looks very classy, but vintage and futuristic at the same time. Think of all those streamlined Zephyr trains, the early aerodynamic planes (as in "The Aviator"), and other emerging transportation of the art deco era. Silver is just beautiful, its shine is like none other, and it stands out at night as well as it does in the daytime. I've gotten so many compliments on this color! If I ever was able to get an additional Vette (the '05 Z06), it would probably be Red or Black, but...there's just no beating the Silver Bullet.

04 Commemorative said:
The more I read your response the more it seems insulting. I thought we all had at least one thing in common here "our cars" and the passion for them. Your opinion is that different people have different interpretations...true but also very basic in thought. I very clearly stated what some people said to me and did not think it was necessary to lol the quote and put the laughing faces in addition.
=====================================================
It wasn't meant as an insult...:L ...and about the smilies...I love them...thats what they are for...to use here...I was laughing when I read what you said....." I am fast,cool,powerful and if you think you want to test me,bring it on!"...now that was funny to me so I posted laughing smilies...don't be thin skinned...it was meant as a joke...but what you said>>>" I am fast,cool,powerful and if you think you want to test me,bring it on!"...now that really does sound like it came from a person who made a "macho" tough guy statement and it did sound really funny..don't be offended so easily ...it wasn't meant as an insult...it was just funny as hello...:) :beer

CORed91 said:
O4 Torch, I think I need an explanation on this as well. What did you mean "Mr. Macho"? ;shrug

Yes, we have our preferences when it comes to color. Why try picking an argument with someone whose preference differs from yours? It's a little like arguing which is better for dinner: steak or seafood. Either way, you're still eating.

-Patrick
========================================================
;LOLPatrick... ...I wasn't arguing with anyone!...I was just giving my opinion to his post...it was in part really funny...what he said about ...."bring it on":L ...here is what i just told him ...

"It wasn't meant as an insult...:L ...and about the smilies...I love them...thats what they are for...to use here...I was laughing when I read what you said....." I am fast,cool,powerful and if you think you want to test me,bring it on!"...now that was funny to me so I posted laughing smilies...don't be thin skinned...it wasn't meant in a bad way...you need to get a new crystal ball to make better judgments on what you "think" I meant...but what you said>>>" I am fast,cool,powerful and if you think you want to test me,bring it on!"...now that really does sound like it came from a person who made a "macho" tough guy statement and it did sound really funny..don't be offended so easily ...it wasn't meant as an insult...it was just funny as hello...:L :) :beer"

[QUOTE='04 Torch Red];LOLPatrick... ...I wasn't arguing with anyone!...I was just giving my opinion to his post...it was in part really funny...what he said about ...."bring it on":L [/QUOTE]

LOL- Torch,
04Commemorative was referring to the COLOR saying "bring it on." The yellow or red COLOR was what was talking so "macho." Although, I have to say, I've never heard of "yellow" being referred to as "macho" or "tough guy" color. Red, maybe, but not yellow. ;LOL

-Patrick

Welcome to the Fire!

This is what l love about this forum to see the passion come out.

There really isn't a bad color, l'm just breakin them. But there are some colors l like more then others but its my taste and only my taste. As far as owning a Torch Red vette that's my second choice, yellow being my first choice, but there are so many cool colors and the verts look completely different with blk tops or beige. I saw a 93 anniv ruby red which was only ok until l saw the ruby red vert which was awesome.

Don't take this color thing to heart that's why GM sells different colors which in my opinion is a waste because they should only offer two colors, Red and Yellow!

Only kidding!

Alan

Welll, since I bought my C5 pre-owned I didn't have a choice on colors unless I wanted to wait or loose out on the more important options like 6 speed, coupe, z51 and active handling.

I just didn't want white. I lucked out on silver. It blends in with the gray color or asphalt and the hords of other gray cars on the freeway. I have avoided several tickets I believe becuse of the camouflage that gray has allowed me. If I wanted to be flashier then I would have by now paid for it several times. I've considered puting dark grey or dark blue secondary color (two tone or racing stripes) to jazz it up, but I probably will just leave it alone. Gray is easier to live with over the long haul and never goes out of style. The other side of the coin is that It also never makes a style statement. Black is really awesome, but I heard it was a pain to maintain. With the rain here in Washington I wanted to drive the 'vette more than I washed it. Grey also shows very little dirt. - Ron

CORed91 said:
LOL- Torch,
04Commemorative was referring to the COLOR saying "bring it on." The yellow or red COLOR was what was talking so "macho." Although, I have to say, I've never heard of "yellow" being referred to as "macho" or "tough guy" color. Red, maybe, but not yellow. ;LOL

-Patrick

Patrick...
:L ...I was thinking the "bring it on" phrase sounded macho/tough guy:) yea thats what I was thinking also...yellow would be like mellow..."mellow yellow":L ...so I have the "macho/tough guy" Torch Red Vette:L ...love them smilies;)
:upthumbs

Colors

A question to all. Do you think we can draw any conclusions, based on the responses in this thread, about the personalities that pick certain colors?

Remo:cool

I agree.....we have to have ALL colors or car shows would not be as much fun if all Vettes looked the same....Now lets all go get into our different colored Vettes and move about the world.....remember to wave, even if it isnot a color you would buy....its still a VETTE.....:D :D
Remo said:
A question to all. Do you think we can draw any conclusions, based on the responses in this thread, about the personalities that pick certain colors?

Silver vs. Yellow

To reply to the question: " Can we draw any conclusions concerning the owners' preference for colors?" I would suggest that the only valid conclusion is that Corvette owners have a variety of reasons for choosing the color they selected and that as owners we should be pleased that there are a myriad of colors available from which to choose. Beauty is still in the eye of the beholder, and does it really matter that a particular color is perceived as more desirable than another. Having said that, however, it might be an interesting study to determine why individuals choose one color over another (not just on Corvettes) and how their choice/s reflect their personalities, etc. I would venture to guess that age plays a significant role in the choice. We might want to refine our query to reflect the age of owners who purchased yellow vs. silver, or any other colors.

Ron

Ron,

The question was: could we draw any conclusions, based on the reponses in "this thread", about the personalities that pick certain colors?

For example: Even though the thread was about yellow and silver, some of the most vocal opinions came from people who own "red" cars".

ron said:
To reply to the question: " Can we draw any conclusions concerning the owners' preference for colors?" I would suggest that the only valid conclusion is that Corvette owners have a variety of reasons for choosing the color they selected and that as owners we should be pleased that there are a myriad of colors available from which to choose. Beauty is still in the eye of the beholder, and does it really matter that a particular color is perceived as more desirable than another. Having said that, however, it might be an interesting study to determine why individuals choose one color over another (not just on Corvettes) and how their choice/s reflect their personalities, etc. I would venture to guess that age plays a significant role in the choice. We might want to refine our query to reflect the age of owners who purchased yellow vs. silver, or any other colors.

Ron

Hmmm...I'm not young and I have a 1995 Yellow Vert and a 2004 Red Vert...and a lot of my "older" friends have these same colors...so I don't know about the age thing and colors...when you think about color symbolisms...Black supposedly represents evil, death and despair...White is the color of purity and goodness...Red is the color of lust...green is the color of envy, yellow is the color of cowardice, Gold is the color of richness...Silver is the color of wannabe richness:L , pink is the color of...>hmmmm you figure it out...:L ..and nowadays rainbow is ...:D
:w

Y'all know what I prefer!

But this caught my attention:
78SilvAnniv said:
I really like a good orange (car) ... with racing stripes!
Looks like we have something else in common besides your husband's name and mine, eh Heidi? :L

I have toyed with the idea of painting mine orange and black. :cool

Oh, and there are, as far as I'm concerned, waaa-ay too many yellow C5s out here; you can't turn a corner without seeing one. And every owner complains about them being "bug-catchers" in that they attract insects, even on the fly (while the car is moving). As a matter of fact, one guy said he had a bee clinging on to the car for blocks as he drove. :L

And at least one of you screaming yellow zonkers jumped right in with your yellow car when I posted that color thread too! I have four friends with yellow C5s in the area. You're everywhere!! ;LOL

Ken said:
Oh, and there are, as far as I'm concerned, waaa-ay too many yellow C5s out here; you can't turn a corner without seeing one. And every owner complains about them being "bug-catchers" in that they attract insects, even on the fly (while the car is moving). As a matter of fact, one guy said he had a bee clinging on to the car for blocks as he drove. :L

And at least one of you screaming yellow zonkers jumped right in with your yellow car when I posted that color thread too! I have four friends with yellow C5s in the area. You're everywhere!! ;LOL

I had a yellow C4, and it attracted bugs... but it was worth it because There is nothing like a yellow 'vette. I'd be driving around in one now if they weren't so hard to find :( (C4's are pretty hard to find in yellow).

If I keep my vette for the long haul, I will paint it yellow... I have always thought the yellow with torch red combo is pretty sweeeeeet. (and very different)

Vettelt193 said:
I had a yellow C4, and it attracted bugs... but it was worth it because There is nothing like a yellow 'vette. I'd be driving around in one now if they weren't so hard to find :( (C4's are pretty hard to find in yellow).

If I keep my vette for the long haul, I will paint it yellow... I have always thought the yellow with torch red combo is pretty sweeeeeet. (and very different)

I have a 1971 Nevada Silver LT-1, and I have never in my life seen a car that attracts bugs like this one does. My wife can't get over it either. They're on it when I'm washing it, drying it, covering it, and when it's just sitting there.
I wrote about this somewhere in another thread, and I'm not sure if it's the polish I use or not. I can go several washing's in between polishes, and it doesn't make a difference....the bugs are always there.

JJS said:
I have a 1971 Nevada Silver LT-1, and I have never in my life seen a car that attracts bugs like this one does. My wife can't get over it either. They're on it when I'm washing it, drying it, covering it, and when it's just sitting there.
I wrote about this somewhere in another thread, and I'm not sure if it's the polish I use or not. I can go several washing's in between polishes, and it doesn't make a difference....the bugs are always there.
Dosen't surprise me,ever smell the Zaino products? Some make you want to take a swig right out of the bottle rather then use it to wash your car.

JJS said:

odd... mine is silver and doesn't seem to attract bugs at all... maybe it is the wax:confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom