Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Millennium Yellow vs Quicksilver

Millennium Yellow vs. Quicksilver

• Millennium Yellow

Votes: 109 53.4%
  • Quicksilver

Votes: 97 47.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What attracts bugs?????????

Did you ever look for a dead body under your hood, like a small animal?

Alan

C6 in Grey sighted!!!!!!!!

This was the first C6 in grey that l have seen and my opinion is that the silver for the C6 was blah!

It looked like any other can and nothing special unless it was covered in dirt and grime.

The quick silver at least looks real sharp on the C5.

Did the vette carry over the same silver from last year or is there two silvers?

Alan

Vettelt193 said:
I had a yellow C4, and it attracted bugs... but it was worth it because There is nothing like a yellow 'vette. I'd be driving around in one now if they weren't so hard to find :( (C4's are pretty hard to find in yellow).
==========================================================
Yep...in 1995 there were only 1003 Competition Yellow Verts and I have one of them(ZF6speed) in showroom condition(paint is beautiful and original).....hate to get rid of it but now I have too many cars and may be selling it in the spring or summer(bought it in Oct 2000)...lots of new GM parts thanks to extended warranty:D ...(new calipers, rotors/pads, radiator,water pump, optispark,wires, plugs, gasline filter, rear leaf spring, Firestone Firehawks SZ50EPs, have a brand new GM driver's side remote mirror for a spare just in case and L & R window regulators with motors just in case)...etc...:) :w

Why I picked MY

From what I've read in the forums of the production numbers for C5's (and others), M. Yellow is not produced as often the other colors, usually it's second to last; but you see them featured everywhere in magazines and advertisements. I've had other vette owners pull up to me and say that yellow is the 'Best' :cool looking color for C5's.

I think the reason there appears to be so many Yellow vettes is because they stand out in any crowd. For example, one of my friends went into a parking lot looking for his black SUV and had a hard time finding it in the sea of black and gray (Silver) cars. I was thinking if his SUV were yellow like my vette, he wouldn't have lost his SUV so easily. It's also a safty feature if you think about it, most other drivers will see you coming (and going ;) ). I don't know if I'd like to blend in with the rest of the crowd.

A pewter colored vette started my search for fulfilling my old dream of owning a vette. My first choice was white, but the pewter color was so classy :m that I was considering getting it. As I went searching and looking at different colored vettes, every time I came across the MY I always said 'Wow'. So I settled on finding a MY C5 with all the options I wanted; and within a month I found my dream and got it.

Just my $0.02. :w

Ken said:
Oh, and there are, as far as I'm concerned, waaa-ay too many yellow C5s out here; you can't turn a corner without seeing one. And every owner complains about them being "bug-catchers" in that they attract insects, even on the fly (while the car is moving). As a matter of fact, one guy said he had a bee clinging on to the car for blocks as he drove. :L

And at least one of you screaming yellow zonkers jumped right in with your yellow car when I posted that color thread too! I have four friends with yellow C5s in the area. You're everywhere!! ;LOL

Pewter???????????

The pewter color seemed to have been a hot color far awhile but it died down. It is a killer to have touched up because of the metalic paint. This was my main reason to have passed on one of my friends that was selling l believe a 01 in pewter with a black top.

The color doesn't stand out at all. By the way after he sold the vette he finally told me that if he had a Torch Red vette it would be still sitting in his garage.

Alan

Vettehead said:
From what I've read in the forums of the production numbers for C5's (and others), M. Yellow is not produced as often the other colors, usually it's second to last; but you see them featured everywhere in magazines and advertisements. I've had other vette owners pull up to me and say that yellow is the 'Best' :cool looking color for C5's.

I think the reason there appears to be so many Yellow vettes is because they stand out in any crowd. For example, one of my friends went into a parking lot looking for his black SUV and had a hard time finding it in the sea of black and gray (Silver) cars. I was thinking if his SUV were yellow like my vette, he wouldn't have lost his SUV so easily. It's also a safty feature if you think about it, most other drivers will see you coming (and going ;) ). I don't know if I'd like to blend in with the rest of the crowd.

A pewter colored vette started my search for fulfilling my old dream of owning a vette. My first choice was white, but the pewter color was so classy :m that I was considering getting it. As I went searching and looking at different colored vettes, every time I came across the MY I always said 'Wow'. So I settled on finding a MY C5 with all the options I wanted; and within a month I found my dream and got it.

Just my $0.02. :w

Incredible...around here I have only seen several...and only once in a while... very rarely in the past 4 years...looks like all of the yellow vettes migrate to Florida:L

kingman said:
Did you ever look for a dead body under your hood, like a small animal?

Alan

The engine compartment in my car looks as good as the interior/exterior. I wipe my engine compartment down after every wash. I believe it's the polish I use that attacts the bugs to my car, since they're attracted to the top, bottom, front, rear, and you name it part of the car. Most of 'em are those tiny nat (fruit fly's?) type bugs, but occasionally I get a yellow jacket that won't leave me/the car alone. I hate those things!

I don't own a C5, at least not yet!:L But if I did, it would either be a Millenium Yellow or Electron Blue. And it would have to be in Z06 form!:L There are a lot of MY C5's out there but I think it's a very sharp color.

Check out this photo (click to enlarge).
What does each of these colors say to you?

To me, the yellow one screams "HEY! YOU!! Over Here! Check me out" , while the metallic silver one takes more of a sleeper approach as it slyly says "Underestimate me at your own peril".

Tammy

MsSchroder said:

To me, the yellow one screams "HEY! YOU!! Over Here! Check me out" , while the metallic silver one takes more of a sleeper approach as it slyly says "Underestimate me at your own peril".

Tammy

Hey! That's my car! :D

I hardly think you could call Ken's car a sleeper--he takes the "loud noises"" approach to attracting attention, rather than visual... ...VROOOM!:Steer

Yello is definitely a standout color. I am very pleased with my choice.

MsSchroder said:

Tammy

Well that's not fair....the yellow one is a Z06! That's gonna screem "HEY! YOU!! Over Here! Check me out" in ANY color!:)

My 98 was Sebring Silver.

Silver is the fastest of the 2 colors.

stilcrazee said:
My 98 was Sebring Silver.

Silver is the fastest of the 2 colors.

Jim,

Is Sebring Silver faster that "Quick"silver?

Remo:cool

sorry , I felt left out :beer
6 Shooter said:
The poll was: Millennium Yellow vs. Quicksilver

What's with torch red? ;shrug

BTW - It looks like Millennium Yellow is leading the way! :upthumbs

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom