Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Millennium Yellow vs Quicksilver

Millennium Yellow vs. Quicksilver

• Millennium Yellow

Votes: 109 53.4%
  • Quicksilver

Votes: 97 47.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
nyerngaII said:
But what about Kenny? He's not what you'd call "mild mannered".;LOL
===========================================================
:eyerole What about "Kenny"?>>>
Nickname:
Kenny Location:
Newport News, Virginia :Buttslap :L

Nah, the Kenny Len is referring to is my hubby, who bought the 78 in 1990, several years before we met.
As I understand it, Kenny was having a mid-life crisis, saw the 78 at a consignment car lot and went in and bought it. I think he was attracted to the body style and the Anniversary paint scheme.
Heidi

Quicksilver for me. It matched my hair. 30+ years ago it was blond and Yellow would have matched better.

78SilvAnniv said:
Nah, the Kenny Len is referring to is my hubby, who bought the 78 in 1990, several years before we met.
As I understand it, Kenny was having a mid-life crisis, saw the 78 at a consignment car lot and went in and bought it. I think he was attracted to the body style and the Anniversary paint scheme.
Heidi

Well... my wife thought I was having a mid lifer also so she told me to buy the '04 Vert...:L

Close Vote

Folks,

At this point the choice between Millenium Yellow and Quicksilver is very close and the individual reasons we picked those colors are wide ranging. Here's some interesting information about the overall production during the years when "both" colors were available. We are a consistant bunch, aren't we?

Year MY QS
2001 11% 14%
2002 11% 13%
2003 11% 13%

Remo:cool

Hey . . .

Remo said:
Folks,

At this point the choice between Millenium Yellow and Quicksilver is very close and the individual reasons we picked those colors are wide ranging. Here's some interesting information about the overall production during the years when "both" colors were available. We are a consistant bunch, aren't we?

Year MY QS
2001 11% 14%
2002 11% 13%
2003 11% 13%

Remo:cool
Y2K MY's are left out! :cry

When I went to buy my first Vette I wanted triple black or a black conv. with saddle int. and top. My wife & I walked in and on the floor was a yellow conv. with black int. and top. We fell in love with it and bought it. That was a 2002. In 2004 I wanted a Commemorative being it would be the last C5. I like the Lemans Blue color alot and I like everything else about it better then the 2002 ......but I loved the Yellow color better! I actually had people hang out of window of the car they were in and yell "beautiful car dude! So my vote would be for the YELLOW !!!!!

Although I do not currently have either a silver or a yellow Corvette, I've had both in the past. Yellow is far and above the greater color between the two!!:_rock I never felt quite the same driving my silver '85 coupe as I did with my beloved '88 convertible (aka "Lemon Peel")...and I certainly got more attention with Lemon Peel!:cool

Yellow it is!

Elaine

gotta luv the yellow

I like the yellow best of all the color schemes because it has the most energy and life. When I was researching the car before I purchased I found yellow has a better resale value too.

No contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first time l saw a yellow car was a Fly Yellow Ferrari and l fell in love with that color.

I couldn't find a yellow vette and had to settle for a Torch Red vette. As far as silver and l hate to say it but l'm tired of seeing silver, gray or what ever you want to call it.

My Volvo wagon is silver and l can't wait to get rid of it. In my area people buy only two colors, black and silver. That is part of the reason l do not like silver, it's a common color.

The only car that looks good in silver is a Mercedes or BMW and that goes for black also. When l see a blk or silver Camry l crack up or a SUV in silver. Have we as a car buying nation gone crazy. People actually believe that if their cars are either silver or blk they are on par with a Mercedes.

Oh, l forgot as far as blk and silver, l'm not talking about sports cars but full size or mid size cars.

The Porsche looks neat in black but not silver as does the Ferrari but a Ferrari should be red.

A sportscar should be noticed and not blend into the road.

Again l vote for the yellow.

Alan

kingman said:
The first time l saw a yellow car was a Fly Yellow Ferrari and l fell in love with that color.

I couldn't find a yellow vette and had to settle for a Torch Red vette. As far as silver and l hate to say it but l'm tired of seeing silver, gray or what ever you want to call it.

My Volvo wagon is silver and l can't wait to get rid of it. In my area people buy only two colors, black and silver. That is part of the reason l do not like silver, it's a common color.

The only car that looks good in silver is a Mercedes or BMW and that goes for black also. When l see a blk or silver Camry l crack up or a SUV in silver. Have we as a car buying nation gone crazy. People actually believe that if their cars are either silver or blk they are on par with a Mercedes.

Oh, l forgot as far as blk and silver, l'm not talking about sports cars but full size or mid size cars.

The Porsche looks neat in black but not silver as does the Ferrari but a Ferrari should be red.

A sportscar should be noticed and not blend into the road.

Again l vote for the yellow.

Alan

Wow:cool

Yellow , especially on the Z06. I like silver. It's subtle and classy, however on a sports car you need pizaaz.Yellow gets my vote.

My wife and friend put it this way... My yellow 02 C5 said...Here I am ! I am fast,cool,powerful and if you think you want to test me,bring it on! The 04 Commemorative in Leman's Blue is a subtle,classy fast & powerful,understated .....but you are more than welcome to"bring it on"

04 Commemorative said:
My wife and friend put it this way... My yellow 02 C5 said...Here I am ! I am fast,cool,powerful and if you think you want to test me,bring it on! The 04 Commemorative in Leman's Blue is a subtle,classy fast & powerful,understated .....but you are more than welcome to"bring it on"

Wow.............Mr. Macho:L :L :L

....and BTW...my opinion is that different people have different interpretations of what colors on (Corvettes) sports cars mean...not all people think that yellow or red means "fast, cool, powerful or bring it on";LOL

did not mean it to come across as "macho" so sorry if it did. Just relaying what other people said to me.

[QUOTE='04 Torch Red]Wow.............Mr. Macho:L :L :L

....and BTW...my opinion is that different people have different interpretations of what colors on (Corvettes) sports cars mean...not all people think that yellow or red means "fast, cool, powerful or bring it on";LOL[/QUOTE]
The more I read your response the more it seems insulting. I thought we all had at least one thing in common here "our cars" and the passion for them. Your opinion is that different people have different interpretations...true but also very basic in thought. I very clearly stated what some people said to me and did not think it was necessary to lol the quote and put the laughing faces in addition.

I'll never forget walking into the Chevy dealer as a kid and seeing a yellow mid-year on the floor. Ever since I've always felt that yellow was the perfect color for a Vette. So, that's what I have. With that said, the LeMans blue is a very, very close second in my book, as is the Torch red.

[QUOTE='04 Torch Red]Wow.............Mr. Macho:L :L :L

....and BTW...my opinion is that different people have different interpretations of what colors on (Corvettes) sports cars mean...not all people think that yellow or red means "fast, cool, powerful or bring it on";LOL[/QUOTE]

O4 Torch, I think I need an explanation on this as well. What did you mean "Mr. Macho"? ;shrug

Yes, we have our preferences when it comes to color. Why try picking an argument with someone whose preference differs from yours? It's a little like arguing which is better for dinner: steak or seafood. Either way, you're still eating.

-Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom