Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New ZR1 Owner in Central FLA

Huntingbigun

Corvette
1990 ZR-1 Black Coupe
New ZR-1 Owner in Central FLA

Hello Everyone I just picked up a 1990 ZR-1 one owner #618 with 61,000. and wanted to say HI. Plus have a couple issues :L that maybe the talented ZR experts can help me with. Price was too good to pass up and the old man never raced her.

The owner had cracked the windshield and had it replaced with a standard window, so can the tinted ones be found local glass shop has deer in headlight look and would you worry about it anyway

Valet switch seems to be interment, no check engine light on & eng is above 130. It is not a light issue no full power???

Last but not least tires brand for weekend driving ???

Glad to found a forum, I am real active in a airboat forum 'Southern Airboats" so this will make my wife happy another great clubhouse.

:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v:v

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center!

Windshield: You won't find the solar ray windshields for the ZR-1 easily. And if you do happen to find one, it will either suffer from delamination, and/or very expensive.

Valet Key: It's common for the contact wires inside to wear on the 1990 models. I believe you should be able to replace this yourself with the help of a service manual.

For weekend driving, I like the Goodyear Eagle GSD3s, but other's with more experience will probably chime in here. :)

Thanks and after reading the Thread "LT5 Secondary Port Operation & Vacuum Diagnosis"

Got a bad pump. Sould have poked around a little more before I posted. Thanks for the tire info & welcome:upthumbs:upthumbs

Hello Everyone I just picked up a 1990 ZR1 one owner #618 with 61,000. and wanted to say HI. Plus have a couple issues :L that maybe the talented ZR experts can help me with. Price was too good to pass up and the old man never raced her.

The owner had cracked the windshield and had it replaced with a standard window, so can the tinted ones be found local glass shop has deer in headlight look and would you worry about it anyway

Valet switch seems to be interment, no check engine light on & eng is above 130. It is not a light issue no full power???

Glad to found a forum, I am real active in a airboat forum 'Southern Airboats" so this will make my wife happy another great clubhouse.

OEM windshields are VERY expensive! Last I saw was priced at about a grand. The windshield had the special gold tint due to the A/C evaperator being down sized to make room for the engine. I know several people that have used the standard ones in hot areas and are happy with them.

Our 90Z has the same valet deal. Guess that's why GM used a different switch assy. in later cars. You can substitute any switch for the OEM one that will fit the hole. Also remember the car defaults to valet mode any time you shut it off and restart so the switch mut be cycled to turn the injectors back on. I just had a chip made that keeps all injectors on all the time as well as turn off the dumb "shift" light and skip shift as well.

We tried a set of Sumitomos two years ago and are happy enough with them to buy another set for our 92Z. Tire Rack has them for about $120.00 each for the 315s and a bit less for the 275 fronts. You will have to get them mounted & ballanced locally but Tire Rack also can provide a qualified shop on request.

went to White Racing Products in Tampa Fl today , the guy knows his ZR1 he had all the parts in stock, checked out the car and boom all good, now just need my tires ready to go. :):) Poped my valet switch apart, slapped a new vacum motor for secondarys even had couple interior parts little buttons in stock, he has a cd with all manuals for 69.00 very nice.
:upthumbs

put the Goodyear GSD on, very nice much better than the kumo that where on the car but they were shot also :D

Welcome to CAC and being a ZR-1 owner. Just curious, I have #608 and mine had steel half shafts. Just curious if yours has steel or aluminum half shafts.
Thanks
Scrrem

Thanks for the welcome, I will crawl under and check the links, Got my ZR1 Regs. signed up & cool shirts stuffed in a model vette. Great sites all. Just slapped a Hailbeck chip in NO MORE 1 to 4 Shift :D:D:D, Marc was great and full of knowledge. :thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb

Hello Everyone I just picked up a 1990 ZR1 one owner #618 with 61,000. and wanted to say HI. Plus have a couple issues :L that maybe the talented ZR experts can help me with. Price was too good to pass up and the old man never raced her.

You didn't pick up a ZR1 you picked up a ZR-1 big difference. The 1990-95 is designated a ZR-1 and the C6 is a ZR1. enjoy your new Corvette.

You didn't pick up a ZR1 you picked up a ZR-1 big difference. The 1990-95 is designated a ZR-1 and the C6 is a ZR1. enjoy your new Corvette.

OOPS MY bad, I do know the differance :L:L:L:L I am old school there will always be only 1 ZR car in my mind, ZR-1:upthumbs

Buys a 90. Changed the valet switch. Replaced the aux. vacuum pump. A real DIY. I like this guy. Welcome to the CAC, "Hungingbiggun".

Thanks Hib, just a helicopter mechanic that likes great cars, great site for sure.:D:D:D:D:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom