Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Paint Progress Pics 71 Convertible

It's looking great. You must be getting excited. :upthumbs

Thanks. Yeah the wait is starting to get to me now. :W

It's been at the paint shop for 2 months now. We had to wait to spray it until it warmed up this week. Now it's cold again. I think they got the random parts sprayed today. Probably 2 weeks to put it back together and then another week to fix the battery box, 4 wheel alignment, charge AC, and retune the new motor.

I wish it were sunny today. It would have made the pictures look even better.

Whoooeee! That is going to be one sharp car. My favorite body style is that c3 vert. Awesome.

Looking good!
Can't wait to start putting parts back on it....

:upthumbs luv the blue,will be good to see it all together

That looks just great. I am glad that you painted the car the color that you liked. But I am partial to blue myself. :D

Looks great, nice color I bet it will really shine in the sun whenever we see that again.

That looks just great. I am glad that you painted the car the color that you liked. But I am partial to blue myself. :D

Thanks! I was really worried about changing the color but now that I see it painted I'm glad I did. The Steel Cities Gray was relatively rare but I don't think I'll see anyone driving down the street with a car the same as mine now.

I can't wait to see it after they sand the orange peel out and buff it. It'll be a couple weeks till it's all back together again. I hope the sun is out again by then.

:D

That's gonna be one beautiful car when finished. As far as changing from the stock color, I wouldn't give it a second thought. You're the one who has to drive it - might as well be something you're happy with and proud of.

Hey everyone. Well we're making progress. The car is within weeks of being done. Here are some pics that show the color in various light. The bumpers and lenses start to show what it's going to look like when it's done. The contrast really helps visualize what it will look like. Also, check out the aircleaner... The blue flames are the same paint as the car.

1971%20Corvette%20Paint%20V2-08.jpg

1971%20Corvette%20Paint%20VI-01.jpg

1971%20Corvette%20Paint%20VI-02.jpg

1971%20Corvette%20Paint%20VI-03.jpg

1971%20Corvette%20Paint%20VI-04.jpg

1971%20Corvette%20Paint%20VI-06.jpg

1971%20Corvette%20Paint%20VI-07.jpg

Lookin' good!!! :upthumbs I gotta say that I'm relatively partial the the blues. :D

One question though, and I don't mean to be a dick about this...but in quite a few of the pics the car and the body panels are outside. Are they letting the paint cure outside??? Especially with a dusty, gravel parking area right there??? :eek:hnoes

Oh yeah, make sure you get the left over paint from them. One, because you paid for it. But mostly so when you get chips or dings in the paint, you'll have the matching original stock to do the touch-ups.

WOW! Very pretty, and the air cleaner came out great!

Looking good. That color is amazing... :cool

Lookin' good!!! :upthumbs I gotta say that I'm relatively partial the the blues. :D

One question though, and I don't mean to be a dick about this...but in quite a few of the pics the car and the body panels are outside. Are they letting the paint cure outside??? Especially with a dusty, gravel parking area right there??? :eek:hnoes

Oh yeah, make sure you get the left over paint from them. One, because you paid for it. But mostly so when you get chips or dings in the paint, you'll have the matching original stock to do the touch-ups.

Nope you're not being a problem with your comment. The car cured in their booth they just put the panels outside in the sun to show the color because in the inside light it looks flat purple. Yeah I don't like the dirt lot in the back of his place either but all his cars come out great. Plus he doesn't want to have to paint this one again if I'm not happy. House of Kolor quite a project to paint and very expensive for the materials. Yeah I'll get the leftover paint if he has any plus the "recipe" for how many layers, sandings, etc he did on the car. The actual painter is going to take care of me.

Thanks for the comments.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom