Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

POLL: Chrome, Silver or Black ZR1 rims on a White 92 coupe? Any pics?

What rims?

• Chrome ZR1

Votes: 54 46.2%
  • Silver ZR1

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • Black ZR1

Votes: 29 24.8%
  • Other, please post your suggestion.

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters
Skant, I'm with you on the dirt :cry :L BUT This is what I'm talkin' about :cool THE EAGLE'S HAVE LANDED Yeeehaaaaa :_rock
Sinister294.jpg

Skant, I can't agree more with you on the Collector Edition rims, as soon as I have a chance I will post some pics of the dirtieness.

Fwiw

Black shows even less dirt. About annually, I Mother's polish the aluminum rim area. For normal washes, I power spray the spoke area, then leaf-blow 'em.

The Vette's black 'webbing' is less work than similar BMW wheels on my former silver-factory-finish 740i, or the chromed-web wheels on my iL.

Simple!

I'm kinda partial to the chrome!;)

Edmond said:
I agree with you on the chrome. It seems like chrome is kind of showboat like. That's just my opinion though. And the white on my 88 Anniversary isn't easy to keep clean.

I love the 5 spoke wheel thing. But you definitely gotta have the colored calipers to go along with it. The regular ole gray calipers don't look good exposed. I read on here that some guys just use craft paint and you're there!
Edmond - Can you point me to the posts on the use of craft paint for the calipers? Thanks.

What about trading your factory wheels for a set of chrome "saw blades"? I have a set on my red "95 and like them a lot. They are easy to keep clean, just a soft cloth once a week and they are done.

I have the Chrome ZR-1s on my White Convertible. The looks, grins, and thumbs up I get tell the tell.

Cheers!

How did this thread get back to the top? The last post was from 2004? i'll put my .02 in Silver Zr1's on white looks :_rock

DDjune06013.jpg

Just got mah Y2K rims from Preformance Wheel Outlet. I think it makes the car look much better.

Yep gots a little bling bling to it.

Hrtbeat.....I'm considering wheels for my '96 LT4 Coupe (White/Torch Red). Your's look good with white. Can you post or send me any photos larger than your avitar showing the car/wheels? My email is SCMedTest@aol.com.

Thanks.

Wow this is an old thread. That car had a terrible death just after hurricane Katrina. Here is a pic taken just about a month before it's demise.

532bc62e.jpg

Here are a few of that car at the NCM during Cruisefest '05.

DSC00839.jpg

DSC00838.jpg

DSC00834.jpg

Those were 2000 C5 knock offs, in the stock size 17X9.5 all around.

Here is my replacement, with it's shiny new black chrome shoes.

DSC02279.jpg

:pat

:w

Hrtbeat1 I really like the black chrome on the CE. And yes it is a really old tread, Believe me I didn't go back that far and resuscitate it. It just showed up at the top one day.

I believe you Tom. I was surprised I got called out :upthumbs my last post to this thread was 3 yrs ago. Glad I could help. Here is another one from US129.

dragonslayer.jpg

So Gerald, did you transfer your headlight system from the 90? It looks like the same system on your latest picture.

Yep, those and the exhaust. I got so used to the brightness of the new lights that they had to go on the new car. Plus I really like the look :cool .

Wow this is an old thread. That car had a terrible death just after hurricane Katrina. Here is a pic taken just about a month before it's demise.

532bc62e.jpg

Here are a few of that car at the NCM during Cruisefest '05.

DSC00839.jpg

DSC00838.jpg

DSC00834.jpg

Those were 2000 C5 knock offs, in the stock size 17X9.5 all around.

Here is my replacement, with it's shiny new black chrome shoes.

DSC02279.jpg

Hrtbeat1.......What happened to your white '90 coupe? You said a horrible death? Those black chrome wheels on your '96 are beautiful.

Im at the same point with my 92 coupe. I am in need of rear tires, I have great looking chrome blades on it now. I have been mulling over wheel options. I believe I'll stick with the chrome blades, you just dont see that many vettes around town with them installed. Everyone is running 5 spoke wheels, be it ZR1 or others. I decided for a unique looking ride to keep the original blades. Now for tire choices.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom