Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Post Your Old Solid Axle Photos

62vette1.JPG

The AMT Models

The 'Walts Puffer ll' A/A 285. and 'Walts Puffer too' A/R 284, NHRA National Champions and Middle Eliminator gas Altered and Roadster. First to reach 150.00 mph at Chester South Carolina in 1959 and finally 165.00 mph in 1962. Pictures from 61-63 Nationals, Indy

im the big guy in middle of the 5 people behind the person leaning on the Fiat and facing the little guy on my right. And im driving the 23T Roadster with SWC Willis gasser in the background.

OctoberPictures539.jpg

fhbzQ2uJ7fdC7jC4p7y1V3zke-LMTGum015.jpg

Walts_Puffer_Toobmp.jpg

Early Corvette Drag Cars

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

And at one time you could have bought it from this advertisement.
4.jpg

:)

Bob Willis.... Can you email me at wayne.ellwood@rogers.com I'd like to talk for a short time about professional drag racing in Canada. Info is for the "Registry of Corvette Race cars" web site

Wayne Ellwood
corvette Articles & Photos
466 ambleside Dr.,
London, ON. N6G 4W9
CANADA

519-679-7660
wayne.ellwood@rogers.com

Here is a '57 that was in an early '60s Rod & Custom. It may freak you out now but it was cool back then.

A small picture of a gasser '57.

Here is one where you have to look for the Corvette. I'm digging on the '55 Bel Air in anniversary gold.

At the drive in.

And this early promo photo of the Motorama Corvette.

Hmmmmm.

Another of the X-Sonic.

The car lot picture was fall of 1962. The story is that they had this '63 coupe on their lot before the dealers even had one. A stink was raised and GM reps visited this lot to investigate. I know it's not a C1 but there are plenty of them on this lot. Take a few minutes to look at all of the cars on this lot. :eek The Orange Crate 1932 ford show/drag car was recently restored and displayed at the GNRS this year.

The apr 67 shot of this whacked out show rod has an interesting project in the background.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom