Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The car is packed 48 states await

Washington DC

Had I great time with Bluestripe67 , thanks again Dennis and Judy

washingtonphotos001.jpg

DC

washingtonphotos018.jpg

washingtonphotos010.jpg

washingtonphotos021.jpg

washingtonphotos020.jpg

washingtonphotos024.jpg

washingtonphotos027.jpg

washingtonphotos033.jpg

washingtonphotos037.jpg

washingtonphotos005.jpg

washingtonphotos006.jpg

washingtonphotos012.jpg

washingtonphotos036.jpg

washingtonphotos003.jpg

Shemp and Tom Austin

Many thanks to Shemp (Jeff Roberston) and his wife Lisa for their hospitality and Tom Austin for joining us in Crownsville MD, near Annapolis MD.

Shemp is restoring his 67 and is waiting for the body to come back from painting

ShempTomAustinAnnapolisMD0056.jpg

ShempTomAustinAnnapolisMD0058.jpg

ShempTomAustinAnnapolisMD0051.jpg

Tom Austin and his 66

ShempTomAustinAnnapolisMD0052.jpg

ShempTomAustinAnnapolisMD0053.jpg

Thanks guys

Jack

Jack, looks like you're almost home. You've run into quite a few Corvette people since you left here. Thanks for the pictures and the stories. Take care.

Dover International Raceway DE

I thought while I was in DE, I would visit the track. To my surprise, no one was home, and I drove right up to the main straightaway in front of the grandstand.

Hope you like the pictures

DoverDel014.jpg

DoverDel016.jpg

DoverDel017.jpg

DoverDel022.jpg

DoverDel020.jpg

DoverDel018.jpg

DoverDel023.jpg

This couple won the one horsepower heat

DoverDel010.jpg

York PA

I had the pleasure to stay with Chic (1-2-67L89) and Karen Renn on Sunday night.

The ride from Annapolis through Delaware and some of the most beautiful Pennsylvania Amish country side was wonderful.

Chick is restoring his 67 BB as well as a 68 Camero

chickyork26.jpg

chickyork24.jpg

His 07 ZO 6

chickyork13.jpg

chickyork11.jpg

I got to drive it .....very fast

chickyork14.jpg

Happy Couple

chickyork19.jpg

chickyork17.jpg

Different mode of transportation

chickyork8.jpg

Gap PA

chickyork4.jpg

About 1/2 of the production of 1963 were coupes 10,594 (vs 10.919 roadsters) all 63 coupes were split window. 2610 had Fuel injection (total production coupes and roadsters)

Wait ! There's more

My last forum stop (maybe) was in Pittstown NJ. "Pappy" Papenfuhs.
Don't ask me how it is pronounced , but I can understand why he is called Pappy.

His wife Gail made a great Cob Salad for lunch.. mmmmm

Pappy has a fully restored 63 SWC that he bought in 1974 and restored in 2004. He retired from Eastern Airlines , aircraft mechanic.

Here is his 63

PittstownNJPappy003.jpg

PittstownNJPappy004.jpg

PittstownNJPappy001.jpg

PittstownNJPappy002.jpg

Pappy at the wheel

PittstownNJPappy009.jpg

Pappy now owns his own business Pappys Foreign Car Service

My clutch needed adjustment and Pappy got right to work

PittstownNJPappy007.jpg

PittstownNJPappy006.jpg

85 plus days on the road, 82 days of sunshine, 3 cloudy days and 3 hours of rain total

Thanks to your (forum's members) good wishes

Cheers to all

Jack Panzica aka Buzz & Todd

I love that color combo...my 64 was Silver with red.:w

Four Door Vette

Hey Jack: You're going to have to put a back seat in the car for Todd and Buzz. You're in the driver's seat now. Hands down, the best Corvette adventure ever! T and B got nothing on you. You're real. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in these cars, we don't see the people behind them. Your journey has put an amazing face on the Corvette hobby. Thanks for showing us the Corvette Nation.

What a great thread!!

-Mac

New England

I am on my way home with a two day stop in NH visiting family. I thought I would share some of the late fall scenery with you.

I will make my final leg home on Friday. Give me a few days to get back to normal life and routine.

I have thousands of pictures and as I rest up , I will post some of them.

Book ? Articles ? I have lots of material to go over. I promise something , but that's another story ..... for later

Love to you all

Hope you like the pictures

VermontNH019.jpg

VermontNH018.jpg

VermontNH017.jpg

Newport NH

VermontNH022.jpg

VermontNH023.jpg

VermontNH025.jpg

Looking forward

VermontNH028.jpg

Looking past

VermontNH029.jpg

Pretty Vermont

VermontNH015.jpg

Working hard

VermontNH013-1.jpg

The Last Night On The Road

As I reflect back on my Journey this last night

I think back to the question most asked by the many men and woman that I have met on this adventure

What was the best part of the trip?

All the people and places aside......

What truly was the best part?

Every morning getting in my 1966 Corvette Roadster starting the engine and driving driving and driving

Every day for almost 3 months Passing cars accelerating up mountains flying past slower cars getting waves and hello's

A daily dose of high speed sharp turns and long straightaways

I have been privileged to drive my midyear corvette every day as fast as possible day in and day out

So I have told you what the best part of the trip was for me

Time for you to have your trip short or long Get in your car and drive it You love the car The car loves you

Drive your Car

Jack

Jack, many of us have followed this trip since the beginning. I know that all of us have wished you well, I just want to say take care one more day. We are all glad that your trip has been everything you hoped it would be.

You are doing what many, on the multiple forums, wish we could do. We are living vicariously through you. Some of us have had the extreme pleasure of meeting you in person. I know that I am looking forward to whatever format you choose to document this epic trip. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Safe travels my friend.:w

Jack,

Thank you for sharing your experience with me and allowing me to do the same. Here's my favorite picture I took (you fill in the "what's Jack thinking" blank...)

WhatsJackthinking.jpg

The Choice

Jack: I only found you half way through your adventure, but every day I just had to check in. I want to say it was great but, the fact is, it's better than that. It's timeless. Nobody that's followed you can ever feel the same about their car, about THE car. No matter how much we polish them and tune them and pamper them, our Corvettes were made to run. Something inside me can't wait for it to rain so I can find out where the windshield wipers are. I know now I have to get over that impulse to check the doppler radar before I open the garage door. Yeah, I'll always take care of my car, but you're right: this has to be a two way street. Thanks to you, I realize that there's no crime in putting the right kind of miles on a Corvette. Welcome home.

Home at Last

I am home........safe and sound....... My last pictures taken today

Left Maine August 2 2010 7:30 AM

Arrived Home October 29 2010 11:30 AM

HomeatLast003.jpg

HomeatLast011.jpg

HomeatLast012.jpg

HomeatLast015.jpg

HomeatLast017.jpg

HomeatLast031.jpg

Thank you.......everyone from the bottom of my heart

Jack

PS

data on trip, tech stuff, repairs will be posted later

Now is home time...........

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom