Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The car is packed 48 states await

Lake Tahoe

All I can say is thank you , thank you , thank you , Bob and Joanie. (R6T7)

I had the most wonderful two days at Lake Tahoe. Good conversation, Good food, Good drink and two new friends.

Some pictures of my stay. Bob's cars are at his other house and in a week or so , I will post pictures of his prize 67 BB.

Lake Tahoe breathtaking

Brazztlockwoodtahoe073.jpg

Brazztlockwoodtahoe016.jpg

Bob at work

Bobbehlmantahoe012.jpg

Husband Wife team

Bobbehlmantahoe010.jpg

Nice place to park car

Bobbehlmantahoe002.jpg

Jim to the rescue

I had the opportunity to visit Jim Lockwood and his wife, while near Nevada City. Jim and his wife have a great collection of cars, including a 61 fuel injected, and of car the Grand Sport he races. Lots of racing and car knowledge.

Jim at the wheel of the 61

Brazztlockwoodtahoe033.jpg

Brazztlockwoodtahoe051.jpg

working on my hubcap

Brazztlockwoodtahoe055.jpg

Brazztlockwoodtahoe039.jpg

Happy couple

Brazztlockwoodtahoe056.jpg

Jack,
My son lives in the Bay area and I am amazed with what we see every time we visit San Francisco. Many great sites and views, too many to list.

Enjoy & safe travels,
Rick

Great Day Napa Valley

I had a great day visiting Rhys Cruz in Napa Valley. He auto crossed a 68 corvette twenty years ago and still races his 2001. He also has a 2007 for long trips.

Some pictures of the visit

WalnuttoNapaCruz007.jpg

WalnuttoNapaCruz006.jpg

Mario signed his engine

WalnuttoNapaCruz022.jpg

WalnuttoNapaCruz019.jpg

My new vocation

WalnuttoNapaCruz016.jpg

WalnuttoNapaCruz015.jpg

New Plugs

WalnuttoNapaCruz023.jpg

Common trait

WalnuttoNapaCruz008.jpg

San Francisco and Sausalito

Thanks to friends who took care of me, Greg, Meryl and Marian Wheeler of the Wheeler Group, a leading interior design company serving the Bay area. The photos are from her house high above Sausalito harbor. More of Big Sur in next post later.

SanSusolitoBigsur016.jpg

SanSusolitoBigsur046.jpg

SanSusolitoBigsur078.jpg

SanSusolitoBigsur081.jpg

High above Sausalito Harbor

SanSusolitoBigsur106.jpg

SanSusolitoBigsur113.jpg

SanSusolitoBigsur117.jpg

SanSusolitoBigsur133.jpg

SanSusolitoBigsur134.jpg

SanSusolitoBigsur126.jpg

My owner had an old corvette and would take me for rides

SanSusolitoBigsur150.jpg

I don't know how many times I can say it, but here goes again....Fantastic pictures Jack, keep them coming! :w

AZ and New mexico

Hi am off to AZ and NM over the next few days. Please email or pm me if you had wanted me to stop. I am having trouble with computer, so let me know as I can not locate some of my contacts

Jack

Jealous doesn't even begin to describe...

Car Pictures

I will do write ups later when I am better able to . But here are some neat cars

Thanks Santa Clarita Corvette Club and Ed Hoffman for inviting me and Mike McCluski for hosting its annual party.

MikeMcCluskiPartySantaClarita032.jpg

MikeMcCluskiPartySantaClarita006.jpg

MikeMcCluskiPartySantaClarita002.jpg

MikeMcCluskiPartySantaClarita009.jpg

MikeMcCluskiPartySantaClarita020.jpg

MikeMcCluskiPartySantaClarita027.jpg

Ed Hoffman

BobHanneman010.jpg

AZ and New mexico

Car is fine, I am not, I don't think I can make all the stops as planned. I will need a bit of help. My trip will still make all the states , but I have to straighten the line out a bit.

The west is really big and the heat has taken its toll.

If I can't make it to your location, please understand. I will leave Prescott AZ on WED for NM and then to CO on Friday or Sat.

Jack

do whats best for you Jack, trip has been amazing to follow since you were at Pauls house on the Cape. Happy motoring.

Peter

Car is fine, I am not, I don't think I can make all the stops as planned. I will need a bit of help. My trip will still make all the states , but I have to straighten the line out a bit.

The west is really big and the heat has taken its toll.

If I can't make it to your location, please understand. I will leave Prescott AZ on WED for NM and then to CO on Friday or Sat.

Jack

Take a breather for a few days. You're in the middle of one of the greatest roadtrips in the world. relax and enjoy the journey, continue to make the people following your trip jealous (me included).

Great ride to Grand Canyon on old 66

Hi, just got in to Albuquerque,

Ride from Prescott 89 to 40 to Williams 64(66) to Grand Canyon, south rim on 64 to 89 to 40 to Albuquerque.

Best ride yet, cool temps, car purring, lots of pictures

I am back in saddle, thanks to all for their concern, just a little too much heat

Shower and dinner and I will be back with pictures , off to CO Springs tomorrow after Santa Fe

Jack

I would love to meet you Jack, but it's just too far out of your way and mine to try and meet up. Have a great trip through our state.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom