Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The car is packed 48 states await

Thanks Bob Behlman

Bob and Joanie took very good care of me while I was in CA. Bob also has a few very special mid-years.

He is campaigning a 67 Roadster 427/390 4 speed and a 67 427/390 Powerglide Coupe for top NCRS honors.

I had to shoot the photos at his La Quinta house and unfortunately , I could not move them out of garage to photograph them.

He also has a 63 swc 327/340 4 speed, 66 coupe 327/350 4 speed and 67 327/300 powerglide plus a few other cars

SoCaRickDaveJohnBob137.jpg

SoCaRickDaveJohnBob130.jpg

SoCaRickDaveJohnBob123.jpg

SoCaRickDaveJohnBob124.jpg

SoCaRickDaveJohnBob138.jpg

SoCaRickDaveJohnBob127.jpg

SoCaRickDaveJohnBob136.jpg

Probably way too late now Jack, but we are about 3 1/2 hours from COS. The easiest way would be to back track to Pueblo and head east on US 50/400. But there are State highways that can be run from COS.

East on Colorada State highway 94 until you come to US 40/287. Continue east toward Kit Carson. At Kit Carson continue South on 287 towards Eads. At Eads you can take Colorado 96 east (in Kansas, Colorado 96 turns into Kansas 96) into Tribune KS. Continue on to Leoti KS, where you will intersect KS 25, then south to Lakin.

The other option would be at Eads, continue south on CO287 to Lamar and then intersect US 50/400 and east into Kansas.

Depending on the time, you would be more than welcome to spend the night with us. We do have Homecoming tonight and I run the clock at the football game, but it would give you a chance to relax, or you could come to see what a rural Kansas high school football game is like.

Great ride to Grand Canyon on old 66

Some pictures of Grand Canyon

precottgrandcanyon016.jpg

precottgrandcanyon049.jpg

precottgrandcanyon026.jpg

precottgrandcanyon058.jpg

Park Ranger's dad had a corvette , said I could stay here

precottgrandcanyon074.jpg

On the way In

precottgrandcanyon005.jpg

Said his great Uncle Heckle, who was on TV with his friend Jeckle

Had a 54 corvette, think I should believe him?

precottgrandcanyon041.jpg

Jack, looking forward to meeting you and have you spend the night. See you later today.:w

Great pictures of the canyon, but nothing remotely approaches the experience of visiting it.

Well, Jack made it here about 7:30pm. What a great guy!

He's headed for OK City tomorrow.

Here's a picture of Jack with my grandsons in front of his Corvette.

mollysfamily005.jpg

Hi, just got in to Albuquerque,

Ride from Prescott 89 to 40 to Williams 64(66) to Grand Canyon, south rim on 64 to 89 to 40 to Albuquerque.

Best ride yet, cool temps, car purring, lots of pictures

I am back in saddle, thanks to all for their concern, just a little too much heat

Shower and dinner and I will be back with pictures , off to CO Springs tomorrow after Santa Fe

Jack

Jack,

I appogize for missing your traveling through. I k ow that it is hard to believe, but I just now found your thread. I would have loved to show you around, take you to the Al Unser Museum, and may even have a little of some El Pinto's fine cuisine.

I wish you favorable winds ahead.

GerryLP:cool

Hi you all

I am in Edmond Oklahoma with Ray, and tomorrow with Tom Parsons in Mustang. On Tuesday I go to Mena Arkansas. I plan to leave Arkansas on Wed or Thursday to head to Texas

There are about 10 contacts in Texas and tomorrow I will have time to look at my route and I will call those who had wanted me to stop by.

It is late now and sleep is calling

The ride from Lakin KS to OK City was great. Sun at my back, tail wind, pedal to the metal all the way. Lots of feed lots, gas and oil wells.

No traffic and smooth road, I wish I had a late model at times, 120 mph would be fun.

Thanks to Tom Bachman for hosting me in Lakin.

See you all soon

Jack

Jack, I'm so sorry that I had to leave so early. It was truly our pleasure to host you for the night. Rosie and I were very glad that we could be a part of your epic journey. We pray for your continued safe trip.

I was my pleasure

Thanks again to you and Rosie, slept like a rock. I enjoyed your company and to learn a little about life in rural KS. Seems like most of the small towns and the people I have met have reinforced my belief that most people are good and trying their best to live and provide a good life themselves and family.

You know where I live and I hope someday you can make it east and visit.

Cheers

Jack

Texas swing

We have to figure stops along way that will allow me to stay over and still visit as many as possible, in some cases we can meet at a central location,

I don't want to travel more than 250 miles in a day so have a look and I will try to plan a route of the next day or so.

The dots are towns that people live in

just click on link an it will take you to map

Jack

Spring Branch, TX 78070 - Google Maps

Colorado Springs Visit

Thanks to Tom & Barb Hoeppner for hosting me. Good food and company. Ted Smathers came down from Golden Co.

Pictures from the Colorado Springs Corvette Club show that we had gone to.

Tom & Barb

CoSpringsandTomHoppunerOKride035.jpg

Toms car
NewMexicotoCoSprings044.jpg

Ted and Tom
CoSpringsandTomHoppunerOKride001.jpg

CoSpringsandTomHoppunerOKride016.jpg

The cars

CoSpringsandTomHoppunerOKride006.jpg

CoSpringsandTomHoppunerOKride018.jpg

CoSpringsandTomHoppunerOKride015.jpg

CoSpringsandTomHoppunerOKride012.jpg

CoSpringsandTomHoppunerOKride009.jpg

CoSpringsandTomHoppunerOKride002.jpg

rayvaflav or better know as Ray

Spent a great night at Ray and Margo's house in Edmond OK.

Ray is as neat in person as on the forum. Has a nice 66 coupe. I had some free range beef while there, or it could have been something else.

Ray & Margo

RayandMargoOKCityvisit003.jpg

Ray's daily driver

RayandMargoOKCityvisit005.jpg

Ray as soon as I got there

RayandMargoOKCityvisit009.jpg

His second car

RayandMargoOKCityvisit015.jpg

We could be twins if I had gone with Milano Maroon

RayandMargoOKCityvisit014.jpg

We have to figure stops along way that will allow me to stay over and still visit as many as possible, in some cases we can meet at a central location,

I don't want to travel more than 250 miles in a day so have a look and I will try to plan a route of the next day or so.

The dots are towns that people live in

just click on link an it will take you to map

Jack

Spring Branch, TX 78070 - Google Maps

when you roll through Spring, TX, I'll try and come over to meet you if you don't mind a C3 visit :)

I am in Razorback Country

Made it to Mena AR. Jeff Montgomery and his wife Penny are taking good care of me

Now on to Texas tomorrow . I will be heading to Anna TX and spending the night. I will be calling Texas contacts in the morning before I leave to set up possible meeting around Dallas.

I then head to Houston and want to make stops along the way.

Ending up in Seabrook Texas.

Hope to see as many of you as possible.

Hope the Texas sign is in better condition than the Arkansas one.

Jack

RidetoJeffArkansas039_renamed_20677.jpg

Hi you all

I am sick with food poisoning in Grandbury TX. I think I got it in AK

Thanks Jeff. I am on schedule and will be heading to Houston on Friday.
Sorry for the lack of posts, Garrett and Pat Waddell is taking good care of me and I am off to bed at 8 pm with the shakes

See you

Later

Jack

Take care, Jack and don't forget to hydrate...

-Mac

OH, that just stinks Jack. Take care and I hope you are better enough tomorrow to continue your trip. Those kinds of things can really take it out of you.

Take it easy - We'll wait in FL for ya when you're feeling better!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom