Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New emoticons/smileys to the system

Evolution1980

Administrator
Corvette
ZZ4, 700R4, Steeroids rack & pinion, VB&P Brakes
This thread will likely fade away quickly due to the forum that it's in (i.e., low volume of traffic), but it is the correct forum nonetheless...

What do we need to do to suggest and/or get new smileys added to the list of those available?

I was posting and I thought, "Man, I could really go for an icon of a smiley stirring a pot."
:D And, no, not just because we are coming up on Holloween. I figure it would get lots of usage in The Edge and other forums where differing opinions could be found. Not that I ever stir any pots... :L :L (It must be naiveté of youth. Can I still claim this now that I'm no longer in my 20's???)

What is the process for submitting something like this? Do I have to clean some toilets or something to get a smiley added??? *wink*

Oh and heck, while I'm at it...there are probably a couple of smileys that could possibly be removed as I rarely, if ever have seen them used.

yeah, let's get something like that added to the drop down list!

...and who determined the spelling required for the :eyerole smiley? eyerole? It's spelled wrong! :L

BTW...this thread has absolutely ZERO to do with our conversations earlier today. ;) Absolutely 100% unrelated. (It's just another slow day at work...)

Good Idea.

With enough smileys there would be no need for typing. :L

Misspellings and grammatical errors would be kept at a minimum not to mention that non-english speakers could translate the "smiley only" post and participate in the forum.

I've tried smileys from other sites but they rarely work here.

I think the "stirred pot" would be heavily used. What else would be good?

Hmmmm...

There are some really funny, raunchy ones from the sportbike forum that I visit, but I don't think the CAC is ready for them yet. They even have a whole group of smilies dedicated in support of the "Guns, Sheep 'n Beer" forum. :L

We should take nominations, then have a vote, then bribe Rob with copious amounts of Blender Concoctions.

Andre, that's where you come in :L

Tammy

I have sometimes "borrowed" smileys from other sites and just pasted them here. But I do agree it would be nice for a revamp of smileys here.

We all need to start bugging Rob to update em. :D

...and who determined the spelling required for the :eyerole smiley? eyerole? It's spelled wrong! :L

What about the word: Holloween? ;LOL

SAVE THE :w

hmmm, here are a few of my favorites, very seldom if ever used used ;) ...but, Just for you Andre' let me see if I can arrange them to make sense :D

So you want to update the smilie icons, great idea "
deadhorse.gif
" .. You even provide the your evaluation of our present ones "
Hit%20Fan.gif
" It's great to see you even have a few suggestions "
Bird%20DoDo.gif
" or was that a fly bye "
Laughing.gif
" I have a good collection of Babies Crying, but I wouldn't suggest anything like that to such a ambitious young Jedi as you
image.php

:D It's always good to review things and keep them updated. I'm glad I'm not the one responsible for Smilies ;LOL

For those thinking I just :bash my good friend, THIS IS done in good fun, I consider Andre' a / or was a good friend ;LOL now Andre remember to wash your hands before you eat, and ask to be excused after Lunch ;)

Bud

One that shows a ressurection would be good to...for when someone adds a post to a thread that hasn't been touched in like 2 years. Then all of sudden it comes alive again and people start answering the initial question as if it was just posted in the past few days...hahahah... I've seen some of those where the original poster isn't even around anymore.

And yeah, a hijack or what I call my "Tangent Alert" would be good too.
:)

Sometimes an outright laugh [:L ] isn't quite the right inflection to hit. There are those occasions where a chuckle under the breath might be better. I rather like Muttley's avatar as an example of this:

image.php

Thoughts?

-Patrick

Well I would be happy with just a (?) smiley, and even happier with an (answer) smiley e.g.

"?smiley" Is Charmin actually softer then Quilted Northern

"(answer) smiley" ...

I just mentioned in another thread that I could go for a "evil grin smiley rubbing hands together"

yeah, let's get something like that added to the drop down list!

BTW...this thread has absolutely ZERO to do with our conversations earlier today. ;) Absolutely 100% unrelated. (It's just another slow day at work...)
unreal.....give him a key to the Executive Loo and he's already whining. :rotfl

unreal.....give him a key to the Executive Loo and he's already whining. :rotfl
Hey, I'm pretty familiar with the whole 'loo' thing. Maybe y'all didn't know that I spent much time researching them for my own house. Until I actually purchased them, I didn't know you could buy toilets that cost over $600 each!
Toto toilets rock!!! :_rock

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom