Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

so tired of ppl asking me why i dont drive a newer vette

O

Oldskool153

Ok so I've had alil to drink b4 I posted this, but I'm SO tired of my friend and girls I date asking me why I don't buy a newer vette! I love my 92 c4 an she's in gorgeous shape, what's a good replly to give other then the money issue?

1. Just tell them as far as you are concerned your 92 is world class and you have no desire to get a younger model.

2. Just remind them that it is your Vette and not theirs.

Just tell them "you don't drive a Corvette to impress anyone but yourself, you love the looks and handling of tyour current C4 and thats justs the way it is".
I know, I have a 91 conv. and a 96 LT4 cpe for just that reason !!!

Wow lol I don't remember writing this but apperantly I gotta stop drinking an goin online ha. Neway now that I think of it what is a good reply when asked y I don't buy a newer vet other then the fact that the c6 costs more. Is there anyway in which the c4 is as good as a c5 or 6?

its in your garage and its PAID FOR..... unless the person your trying to impress has a C6, why is there even argument. You drive a vett and they don't! If a woman is that shallow to care what year or generation it is... then run from her in the first place. If your embarressed to drive a C4 then maybe you should go buy a Mustang. LOL

My usual responses are:

Because i can.

and

Even if i explained it to you, you wouldnt understand.

:D

:w
-Stefan

PS: At least you didnt went hog wild while being online and had a drink. ;)

How about I am happy with what I have. I dont have car payments. I am not trying to impress anybody and finally I try to make myself happy rather trying to make evryone else happy. If you like newer Vetts go buy you one.
I had one gal in a BIG new Ford truck tell me that I shouldnt drive my vette beacuse of all the gas it sucks. I replied I get almost 30 mpg maybe you better leave that truck at home.

Wow lol I don't remember writing this but apperantly I gotta stop drinking an goin online ha. Neway now that I think of it what is a good reply when asked y I don't buy a newer vet other then the fact that the c6 costs more. Is there anyway in which the c4 is as good as a c5 or 6?

Simply tell them if I had your money I'd buy 2 of them. As for a C4 matching what the newer corvettes bring to the table, I say YES!

Our corvette club had an autox in Jan. The track setup was not too technical, had some pretty tight turns but some open sweeping turns where you could get some speed up. They're were 4 or 5 C4's the rest of the corvettes were all C5 & C6 models. Some had serious engine mods, some stock. No earlier model corvettes attended but we let a few other cars in to offset costs. Several F body cars a GTO, bmw, and a mini.

My C4 has a stock engine, but runs excellent for 122k miles. A borla exhaust running factory cats, and a chip. My suspension has been modded with stiffer springs, sway bars, urethane bushings, new shocks. I was running on GY eagle F1 GS tires, No other mods.

I was the 9th fastest car of the 33, fastest C4. I was within a second of the majority of the faster cars that day. The fastest was an 07 with a supercharger. 475 rwhp. He was 3 seconds faster than me, and 2 seconds faster than 2nd place. The C6 guys have a huge advantage in technology, with there active handling suspension. The fastest guys are active in autoxing. This was my first outing. Bottom line, my C4 ran right with the fastest guys, and bested a C5 Z06 + many modded C5 & C6 cars as well as stockers. And all of the others. Yup, they still can hold their own.:beer

As far as the women go. Tell them you don't replace it with a newer model, for the same reason you don't replace them with a newer model. Because you love and appreciate what you have.

As far as the women go. Tell them you don't replace it with a newer model, for the same reason you don't replace them with a newer model. Because you love and appreciate what you have.

I agree with Thorin, and suggest you date more appreciative ladies. :)
I find better ladies while in my 94 Jeep Wrangler, if they're nice to me they get to see my other cars.

I ususally reply because despite being very well engineered they are extremely ugly! Sometimes people then say that THEY like them. And then I say thats another reason I wouldnt buy one;LOL

Ok so I've had alil to drink b4 I posted this, but I'm SO tired of my friend and girls I date asking me why I don't buy a newer vette! I love my 92 c4 an she's in gorgeous shape, what's a good replly to give other then the money issue?
I ask myself that all the time...I have put a lot of time and effort into making my 92 look and run great. It is a great ride. I would have to keep it even if I got a new one!!

Never understood

I never understood that "gotta have the newest gadget" syndrome.:bash

I work too hard for my money and I refuse to throw it away on NEW CAR markup and subsequent depreciation
Thank God I'd be so broke.

I like old stuff that's in really nice condition.:D

New stuff is only new for a very short time.
Depreciation SUCKS !!!!!! :eek:hnoes:eek:hnoes

I'd ask them what year Corvette they drive.....:chuckle

How many of those people asking you this questions are not vette owners? :confused My guess is the number of non vette owners is pretty high compared to the people that do own a vette. ;) Just tell the non-vette owners that it is just a C4 Corvette thing and they just wouldn't understand. :chuckle

Because a C4 is bad a$$, the lights just don't flip up they roll. On mine the early C4's have a cool digital dash tell them it has a flucks capacitator. And when you open the hood it looks bad a$$ with the clam design with everything under the hood blowing in the wind.

They are just BAD A$$. The new ones have to much plastic and the lights don't flip up.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom