Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette Action Center Loses a Valued Member

Corvette
2003 MY/Blk Z06
Just passing the word that the Corvette world, no, make that the automotive world, has lost one of it's true fans. And I've lost a true friend.

I wanted to let everyone know that former moderator Ken Stapel has passed away. He was found in his apartment yesterday, possibly losing in his wait to get a liver transplant.

Ken maintained an extensive site on things Corvette and of the California car culture. Here's a link to his site, don't know how long it will be able to remain up...

http://www.corvetteobsession.com/Ken...Obsession.html

We'll miss you, Ken!

:cry

Tried to get this in the News & Announcements Forum--perhaps one of the moderators can move it...

It’s very sad to learn Ken has passed. I never met him, but I always enjoyed his posts.

I will keep him in my prayers.

B17Crew

I never met Ken in person, either. I enjoyed my relationship with him on-line. I am sorry to hear of his death.

At the thread originator's request, we've moved this to the News & Announcements Forum.

Although I never met Ken personally, there are few people I can say were more genuinely enthusiastic about cars- all cars, not just Corvettes.

Ken, your time on this Earth was too short. Godspeed.

-Patrick

Damn,I'm glad I called him last week,he really wasn't doing very well but we did have a nice visit!!! I was afraid that the end was near,he kept rambling bout things that really didn't make sense to me!But I listened,Ken really helped me out with learning how to do things on my computer and on my web sight!!

:upthumbs Rest in Peace Ken!! Thank you for being my Friend!!!:upthumbs

God Bless,Ken!!!!!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

This really saddens me. I'll have more to say about this in an email announcement to the membership later tonight.

RIP, Ken

I also never met Ken. But, I sure felt his enthusiasm in all things mechanical in his postings. He certainly seemed like a genuine, positive fellow. I enjoyed reading his sharing of knowledge.

May he rest in peace, and I wish his family all the best in difficult times. :upthumbs

Rick

A Brother Lost

I met BroKen in September of 02 when he was on one of his road trips, we spent two weeks together. Two weeks out of a lifetime I lived, I learned, I will always remember.

Rest in peace Ken............Your life touched many of us..............

I was saddened to hear that Ken Stapel passed away yesterday in his apartment on his birthday.

Ken was one of the very first members here since January of 2001. He quickly became one of our staunchest supporters gaining a huge following here with his quick wit, humor and sometimes strong personality.

He quickly learned how the forum software worked and combined with his incredible knowledge of C4 Corvettes, quickly moved up to being one of the first Administrators here.

I first met Ken during the L81 Vette Registry event at the NCM in Bowling Green. He drove out with BlackDog and Rare81. When I saw him pull up, I was shocked to say the least. Pictures just don't do his Corvette justice, and when he first climbed out of it, I couldn't believe he drove all the way out from Huntington Beach in any semblance of comfort.

Ken not only had a larger than life persona, but he was a tall, strong, big-boned guy who you wouldn't think could fit in a C4 well. Somehow, he did it, and loved every minute behind the wheel.

I spent a good portion of that first night shooting the breeze with him and Rare81 in his hotel room. Even though I could barely see straight after the long day of partying and socializing with everyone, he was ready to keep going well into the night.

As many of you know, Ken suffered from several health problems, but regardless, Ken lived life to the fullest. He lived life hard and lived it fast and if you tried holding him back, he'd leave you in the dust without any hesitation.

Regardless of the circumstances surrounding his removal from the Administration here, I still considered him to be a friend and valuable member here. While on the subject of his removal from the Administration, now is definitely not the time to air dirty laundry, but let me just say that I've seen a lot of bull**** and general misinformation floating around the various forums sites about that situation.

The decision to ask him to step down from the Administration was not an easy one, a quick one, nor one that I took lightly. Those of you that know me and know me well, know damn well what I went through in making the final decision.

I will always remember Ken as the quick witted, sharp-tongued comedian who not only made members laugh with his posts, but educated many with not only his knowledge of Corvettes, but the knowledge he gained through many of his life experiences.

His support for the Corvette Action Center was unyielding and his zest for life, even through the rough times he had, was incessant.

Rest in peace BroKen and Godspeed.

-Rob

Edit: As of this posting, we don't have many details on Ken's passing, an obituary or notice of services. As soon as we can find anything out, I'll post it here.

Sorry to hear of Ken's passing. Never met him personally, but bought several parts from him. Nice to know he'll live on in my car...
[RICHR]

It's always sad to see a member go.. You just never know when it's going to happen.. Rest in peace, Ken... Maybe we could all chip-in and keep his site online in remembrance...

R.I.P. Ken, you will be missed. Guy

I am very sorry to hear this news. Peace be with you Ken :cry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom