Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

fitting 1205 size mini ram to l98 heads please

sxyvet

Corvette
1991 ZO7 coupe, 6 speed,red on red w/most options!
hi guys,
im just about to buy a 1205 size port mini ram from tpis!

any way jim @ tpis said if i want to fit this size 1205 mini ram port on my 1991 l98 heads that i would have to modify /grind the heads/valve covers to make them fit!
he mentioned about grinding about 5 cm of some where and he said that i can carefully do this with the heads on the car as long as the all the ports and every thinng is covered properely!

im confused on what needs to be done/modified here now?

can some please help with explanation/pictures please?

where,what ,how to do this please to make them fit ?

thanks
glen

I would pull the valve covers off to grind them, I am not familiar with the TPIS system but I would think they would have instructions with pictures and dimensions for the install that you could acquire.

BTW I'm not real up on metric but 5cm seems like quite a bit isn't 5cm the same as 50mm which is over an inch?

hi guys,
im just about to buy a 1205 size port mini ram from tpis!

any way jim @ tpis said if i want to fit this size 1205 mini ram port on my 1991 l98 heads that i would have to modify /grind the heads/valve covers to make them fit!
he mentioned about grinding about 5 cm of some where and he said that i can carefully do this with the heads on the car as long as the all the ports and every thinng is covered properely!

im confused on what needs to be done/modified here now?

can some please help with explanation/pictures please?

where,what ,how to do this please to make them fit ?

thanks
glen

Dumb question- but what about removing the valve covers and then re-installing them... perhaps with thicker gaskets?

Ya' know... it may not be the entire length of the valve cover that needs to have material removed. Maybe it is just along the injector bosses. If so, then remove the valve covers, test fit the intake, then mark the areas that need to be ground down.

To use my aluminum valve covers on my Vette with the TPI, I had to loosen them and the reinstall them after the intake was bolted down.

hi there bossvette and darkshark,
thanks for your replys and help guys!
i will give what you suggested a go.
cheers
glen

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom