Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GM to rid of Vette current logo for bow-tie gold

It may happen, who knows. But the one thing I did get out of the article though, is that no-one mentioned doing away with the beloved crossed flags logo. That's a plus in my book!

Well let's hope that as the Vice President of GM Design he's also a "car guy." If there's at least one drop of car guy blood in him, he'll come to his senses and avoid slapping a big gold bow tie on the vette. Let's also hope that he didn't have anything to do with the C6 front license plate bracket.

Remo:cool

I don't think he meant one would necessarily replace the other, but moreso incorporating in the Chevy emblem as well. The crossed flags will still be there.

But I still don't think it's a good move. Corvette has always been its own entity as far as emblems go. I don't think this will bring up people's perception of Chevy at all....and only bring down Corvette's.

If it was veeeery subtle.....like embossed somehwere in the paint or paneling, so it was all the same color......maybe.... But definitely no gold badging.

The Chevy emblem looks great on a Silverado.........not a Corvette.

I think he's a bit of a car guy...

Well let's hope that as the Vice President of GM Design he's also a "car guy." If there's at least one drop of car guy blood in him, he'll come to his senses and avoid slapping a big gold bow tie on the vette. Let's also hope that he didn't have anything to do with the C6 front license plate bracket.
GMC2006011336202_PV.jpg

http://gm.wieck.com/forms/gm/previewpage?028377

The Camaro Concept with a 1969 Camaro SS belonging to Ed Welburn, Vice President, Global Design.
(United States)​

...... Let's also hope that he didn't have anything to do with the C6 front license plate bracket.

Remo:cool

Oh dear Lord......I certainly hope he didn't either!!!! :W

If it was veeeery subtle.....like embossed somehwere in the paint or paneling, so it was all the same color......maybe.... But definitely no gold badging. -Brett

I could live with the above scenario. Emboss it somewhere sublty, no gold bow tie bling.

That link cracked me up, and took the thunder from what I was gonna say, that is, Im sure chevy will screw it up the right way and just impart that big chrome grill splitter as well.

Thank God my 05 dosent even have the GM badge.

Well European sales will not help it because of this probable move....Corvette Europe is trying to get away from the Chevy image because its directed at lesser income area of cars and also quality.....so i hope for their sake its not decided and ultimately doesn't go on the car....

One of the other things that was talked about in that article was the possibility of a commonality among grilles on Chevy cars. How can they do that? The Corvette looks so much different from any other Chevy car.

Can you imagine a Cobalt and a Corvette with a similar grille? It might make those Cobalt SS drivers think they have the performance of a Corvette.

Makes me want to :puke .

Im almost ashamed what Gm has done and for that matter plans on doing. In the last 20 years chevrolet has steadly declined as far as im concerned. The new camaro looks like crap no matter what angle you look at it.And pontiac dropped the ball with the GTO miserably.And what really peeves me is the universal freedom from choice when it comes to not only options but even model of vehichles available under any given make.I recall when you could by a new camaro from mild to wild now its chocolate or vanillia take it or leave it.If wasent for Dodge imfamous transmission troubles ect I would really consider owning one. Truthfully if the challenger hits the bricks looking like the prototype sighn me up!Sorry about getting off track but I sure as hell hope GM dont ugly up the last goodlooking car they make!

NFW!!!

Corvette has NEVER used the bowtie, why start now. If the beancounters think this stupidity will actually increase sales of other units, they need to find work elsewhere...like at L.L.Bean maybe.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom